This might help stuttering graphics (Thommo)

BudHawk

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being a long time computer game player and tweaker, I do not recommend this advice. We are giving some novice gamers advice on underclocking their card. Although the chances of permanent damge to their video cards are slim, it may be frightening for them to reboot to a desktop with garbled graphics or a black screen.

Not to mention how insane it is to have to underclock your video card to play a game.

I agree. This is great advice (and thanks to Thommo) if you're willing to do it. But I'm not going to underclock my card for a problem that EA needs to address. This is obviously a widespread hardware issue that needs to be patched, and I don't think users should have to compromise their video card speeds to play the game correctly. :?

Being a long time computer game player and tweaker, I do not recommend this advice. We are giving some novice gamers advice on underclocking their card. Although the chances of permanent damge to their video cards are slim, it may be frightening for them to reboot to a desktop with garbled graphics or a black screen.

Not to mention how insane it is to have to underclock your video card to play a game.

Well said. I do not recommend underclocking your video card if your a novice. It doesn't help anways, and you might damage your video card. I've tried it with my ATI 9800 pro and no dice.

Well said. I do not recommend underclocking your video card if your a novice. It doesn't help anways, and you might damage your video card. I've tried it with my ATI 9800 pro and no dice.

dont say that it doesn't help. I know for a fact that it does. It will not hurt anything either.

Yes it helps - good insight

I just tried it out any it does help - however you need to have aa and af on - with all three things going for you you have a much smoother game than you had out of the box - it is definitely playable

I have an ati 9700 - using rad linker

peter - yes it is insane to underclock your video card - but if it helps it helps - plus this game was first made for the consoles so it does make sense -

part of playing a game on the pc is tweaking to make things work-

as far as safety is concerned rivatuner and radlinker had good mechanisms to prevent damage - but that is for overclocking - underclocking is pretty safe

is it better not to mess at all with your video card - yes - but if you cant play a game you really want to play - then whats the sense of having a video card -

anyway before the season starts ea will have a patch that will address the choppiness

Yes it helps - good insight

I just tried it out any it does help - however you need to have aa and af on - with all three things going for you you have a much smoother game than you had out of the box - it is definitely playable

I have an ati 9700 - using rad linker

peter - yes it is insane to underclock your video card - but if it helps it helps - plus this game was first made for the consoles so it does make sense -

part of playing a game on the pc is tweaking to make things work-

as far as safety is concerned rivatuner and radlinker had good mechanisms to prevent damage - but that is for overclocking - underclocking is pretty safe

is it better not to mess at all with your video card - yes - but if you cant play a game you really want to play - then whats the sense of having a video card -

anyway before the season starts ea will have a patch that will address the choppiness

Hey franco, I also have the ATI 9700. What are your settings that you're using and getting good reults??? I'd appreciate it!!!!!

homer

using radlinker I have aa on 2x and af on 4x performance

then I down clock the core to 202 and the memory to 195

The aa and the af create the most clearness but after running several tests on my machine underclocking helps with the stuttering - granted I only get it on infield throws but the improvement is noticeable - I am using pareds zoom view

good luck

Just got off the phone with EA. They claim our computers are the problem. Don't count on a fix anytime soon. The guy was trying to pin it on my drivers. I have the latest from nvidia. He wouldn't acknowledge the fact that there are dozens of threads on the internet with people all having the exact same problem.

So I'm not entirely sure there will be a patch. I have also heard the patch to fix the chop last year didn't fix it for a lot of people.

I think we should all contact ea sports and let them know whats happening, I just did. Here is the exact link to technical support. In addition to writing about this choppyness problem attach a dxdialog.txt document to the email so they know your system specs. If you don't do this they'll just ask you for it the next time and it delays the process. In order to get a dxdiag.txt document go to start>programs>accesories>system info. Then go to directx diagnostic tool and save all information... Alright hope you all have time to do this. Thanks and peace.

EA Sports Tech support link:

http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eatech....M*&p_srch=1

I think we should all contact ea sports and let them know whats happening, I just did. Here is the exact link to technical support. In addition to writing about this choppyness problem attach a dxdialog.txt document to the email so they know your system specs. If you don't do this they'll just ask you for it the next time and it delays the process. In order to get a dxdiag.txt document go to start>programs>accesories>system info. Then go to directx diagnostic tool and save all information... Alright hope you all have time to do this. Thanks

They know what's happenning. The same thing happenned last year. They will patch it sooner or later. I don't think contacting tech support is going to effect that.

jpup, I would not discourage ANYONE from contacting tech support. Our voices need to be heard, regardless if they already know about it our not.

It also makes us feel better to have an avenue to vent our frustrations towards.

If we "assumed" people knew about their mistakes in life instead of doing something about it we would never get anywhere.

DIRTY ROTTEN BAST@RDS I'M LOSING MY PATIENCE. I DON'T CUSS BUT I'M ABOUT TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Have a freaking radeon 9200, 128mb video card. If you have this card please tell me all about your freaking underclocking settings. I've tried everyone's settigns that they've posted here in this freaking thread and it doesn't work. Sometimes the game would act like its about to start and then it wouldn't. Sometimes it started to act like it would start and then I got rainbowish lines allover the place that made me think my PC was going to bust. I'm sick of this. Anyone. ANYONE. ANYONE THAT HAS THE ATI RADEON 9200 PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU HAVE YOUR AA, AF SET TO UNDER DIRECT X AND OPEN GL. TELL ME YOUR CLOCK SPEED TOO FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. I'm sick of this crap and I should never have sold my MVP 2003 for this piece of crap. Dear God in heaven forgive me for getting so mad and thank you for not putting it in my heart to own a gun or else I'd shoot my PC. Help, someone, anyone. Help.

2.1 gigaherts

XP

ATI RADEON 9200 128MB

512 PC 2700 Ram

my game won't even load by the way. so i uninstalled radcrapper and it won't load now. i'm going to try to roll back this xp update i just downloaded and if that doesn't work i'll just uninstall reinstall my freaking game. screw this crap. someone that has the 9200 please respond.

I'm using a 9700 Mobility card (yeah the kind EA refuses to support). I finally got good game play and graphics. Pushed my AA and AF to the max, underclocked to 171/283, removed the stupid EA fans (that was easy after talking to tech support), pushed player detail to Med (I can't really tell the difference anyways.

Now my frame rates on in the low 20's ( Iknow not great) but i can play it finally

Whoooo hooooo Thanks to alll that helped here (esp Jpup).

Archived