Retribution north of the border - 2015 Toronto FC rise to the Cup

DeuceBlades

• 2 weeks later...

If "anyone" other than AcesHigh wants to know why I havnt finished this dynasty.. well EA decided to do this with origin, and now you have a choice of online synch or synch to the PC for saves..  somehow along the way, I lost my save and the only save it will let me load is the second game of the season...  for real? EA has done it again with this BS..  why do I keep buying their pathetic games? 

not that it matters much, nobody even noticed there wasnt an update for 2 weeks..  normally I quit dynasties out of bordom, but I loved this one, it was going well and now I come home from being away for a week, and my save is corrupted and it wont let me load the one I saved from last night.. I am fuming, and there is nothing online about it, or how to fix this problem.. Im just out SOL on this one.. Thanks EA!

Edited by DeuceBlades

That is so weird, I have never had issues with saves and I have been playing Fifa since 2012. Only when I load a mod that changes the database I will get a corrupted file, but I have always been able to get it back. Sorry to see you quit like that :/

in all honestly... whoever starts a dynasty next and really stays faithful to it... with not as heavy of traffic as the old days and no one else really doing any dyansty threads... you could probably drive up a lot of interest and followers from the regulars

That is so weird, I have never had issues with saves and I have been playing Fifa since 2012. Only when I load a mod that changes the database I will get a corrupted file, but I have always been able to get it back. Sorry to see you quit like that :/

​The problem with FIFA for PC is you have to play via origin. the game doesnt download to your PC, you have to log in to origin, which for me is strange.. But you have the option to sync to cloud to save or sync to hard drive... and I was synced to both, which I was told was a HUGE mistake.  When I emailed them and asked where my saves went, they said its common to lose a save if you save one to cloud and save one to hard drive, which seeing that my wifi goes in and out, sometimes I had to save to both... and there was the problem.

Edited by DeuceBlades

in all honestly... whoever starts a dynasty next and really stays faithful to it... with not as heavy of traffic as the old days and no one else really doing any dyansty threads... you could probably drive up a lot of interest and followers from the regulars

Im waiting to get my PS4 and do a video dynasty here, or at least highlights along with the usual website perspective.. gonna be another week or 2 before it happens.. been watching MLB road to the show series on youtube, keeps me from jonesing to much...LOL

​The problem with FIFA for PC is you have to play via origin. the game doesnt download to your PC, you have to log in to origin, which for me is strange.. But you have the option to sync to cloud to save or sync to hard drive... and I was synced to both, which I was told was a HUGE mistake.  When I emailed them and asked where my saves went, they said its common to lose a save if you save one to cloud and save one to hard drive, which seeing that my wifi goes in and out, sometimes I had to save to both... and there was the problem.

​Woah so I did the right thing by not using the cloud saves as well! Thank you for mentioning that! I have always trusted my computer and every once in a while I will backup the saves on my external hard drive. I hate the fact that you HAVE to go through Origin to play, though, which means that you NEED to have an internet connection to access the game, so when I am travelling and I don't have wi-fi I cannot access my career. I don't play online (no Ultimate Team, no Tournaments, nothing), I exclusively play a career as a manager, which needs no connection... That has always ticked me off quite a bit...

But then again, I immediately forget about all of that when I fire the game up and I see that it looks better than its PS4 counterpart :p

What makes me mad is I was rolling, and had big plans for this series...  I love to add fake storylines to the game which adds a bit of flavor to a dull dynasty.. but now I cant trust the game to save up to date or fear of risk of losing my saves in cloud..   Id love to pick up where I left off, but I dont want to replay every game again and try to duplicate what happened, its impossible.