RED_MC installs malware?

tomba

I can not download or install Red_MC

I download, check it for virus its fine...go to download HUGE alert and i have to delete from computer. so i can not use it

HOW? are most of you guys running this program?

Im just trying to edit the iff file the same way we can witht he mlb texture editor.

ANY iff file edited WITH Red_MC can not be opened with the VERY simple to use MLB texture editor based off the 3dm tool.

This link shows that as a RED-MC user  the USER has the option to LOCK the file

http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=100773

" You can lock it using RedMC if you have a license for IFF editing. "

If there is an option to lock it why isnt there a option to UNLOCK it?

I find it unfair if we want to edit existing files if we just want to add tiny bit for our own personal use?

If im to take both comments as help I take it as...

downlaod it again...install it ignore malware alert give vlad in Russia my credit card info and see if i can add my grass textures?

well these are the words from Vlad on this

" These are false-positives.
RED MC is protected from hackers/crackers/pirates with obfuscation, crypting and some other methods. It also goes on-line on startup to check for a newer version.
And the reason why some antiviruses consider it to be suspicious is because they consider every single encrypted executable, which goes on-line, to be suspicious.
I don't want to sound abusive, but Kaspersky and Dr. Web are the only anti-viruses, me, being an IT guy, trust; AVG and NOD32 are also somewhat good; most others are too suspicious and generate many false-positives, occasionally missing some real harmful stuff at the same time.

Basically, i have absolutely no reason to include any sorts of viruses, spyware, trojans or whatever else harmful into the product, because i charge for advanced functionality and have some good revenue from it. I've developed editors for 2K games for 4 years in a row, and with no insults from thousands of users, you can trust, that this software is clean."

23 hours ago, raidersbball20 said:

You will not be able to import field textures with RedMC. It does not allow it.  

This is correct

@tomba you are only able to add grass using the MLB2K12 Texture Editor first, THEN edit the file in Red MC.

You will not be able to edit the file with the 2K12 Texture Editor again after you save your file in Red MC.

The way that Red MC creates .IFF files is different from the way the 2K12 texture editor creates .IFF files. This is how I've been porting over all of @picklebrad's work from earlier ballparks into current mods.

9 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

This is correct

@tomba you are only able to add grass using the MLB2K12 Texture Editor first, THEN edit the file in Red MC.

You will not be able to edit the file with the 2K12 Texture Editor again after you save your file in Red MC.

The way that Red MC creates .IFF files is different from the way the 2K12 texture editor creates .IFF files. This is how I've been porting over all of @picklebrad's work from earlier ballparks into current mods.

Kccitystar,

Thank you for taking the time out to answer .

It a pretty confusing bit to understand even though the simple answer is that Red MC is a program that makes files completely proprietary which isnt cool esp. in a  modding community. I undersand it was built with 2Ksports NBA games in mind and for their commun ity and i guess we're just lucky tpo have it even be usuable with MLB 2K12.

That said the MLB 2K12 editor is real simple to use why is the use of Red MC used? Does it have advantages?

There should be adboard packs here for ppl now that we know Red MC is an editing tool that requires faith(virusland) and costs (subscription fee for certain modd tool areas).

2 hours ago, tomba said:

Kccitystar,

It a pretty confusing bit to understand even though the simple answer is that Red MC is a program that makes files completely proprietary which isnt cool esp. in a  modding community. I undersand it was built with 2Ksports NBA games in mind and for their commun ity and i guess we're just lucky tpo have it even be usuable with MLB 2K12.

That said the MLB 2K12 editor is real simple to use why is the use of Red MC used? Does it have advantages?

There should be adboard packs here for ppl now that we know Red MC is an editing tool that requires faith(virusland) and costs (subscription fee for certain modd tool areas).

No, RED is not perfect. I've hit a wall quite a few times with the program, but the main advantages are importing/exporting entire folders into an .iff file, which are numbered and organized accordingly (instead of one texture at a time which is meticulous and frustrating to keep track of all these textures and names) and the big one is the "unlimited" size resolution of the texture that you are importing. I advise to resize the textures in multiples. (exponentially like a file is 512x512 multiply by 4 = 2048 or 2K res. Multiply that by 2 = 4K res and so on)

3 hours ago, DaSteelerz said:

No, RED is not perfect. I've hit a wall quite a few times with the program, but the main advantages are importing/exporting entire folders into an .iff file, which are numbered and organized accordingly (instead of one texture at a time which is meticulous and frustrating to keep track of all these textures and names) and the big one is the "unlimited" size resolution of the texture that you are importing. I advise to resize the textures in multiples. (exponentially like a file is 512x512 multiply by 4 = 2048 or 2K res. Multiply that by 2 = 4K res and so on)

yeah ive been doing the one texture at a time and while its not fast you can get a  rhythm  going.

8 hours ago, tomba said:

Kccitystar,

I uploaded the MLB2K12 editor with the source code, so if anyone wants to modify it, by all means, please!

• 2 months later...