Census 2016: What are your Slider settings?

stickyf1ngers

I've been playing this game again for a few months now, and I still find myself tweaking certain sliders every now and then, even after about 100 games played with pretty realistic stat totals overall. In my quest for the "perfect" slider setting (i.e. one that purely allows for a realistic MLB experience both statistically and aesthetically), my question to you guys is, what are your specific Slider settings?

I'd especially like to pose this questions to the mods and modders of this game/site, as I've always been curious what settings you guys have been using after all these years. Obviously you guys play the game a whole lot more and have experienced every little nuance of it, which is my main reason for aiming this question toward the higher-ups. 

So, on to the debate, if anyone dares. We can also avoid droning on about power sliders and pitch speed, since they seem to be more about preference and user skill than anything else. 

Who's in? 

1 hour ago, stickyf1ngers said:

I've been playing this game again for a few months now, and I still find myself tweaking certain sliders every now and then, even after about 100 games played with pretty realistic stat totals overall. In my quest for the "perfect" slider setting (i.e. one that purely allows for a realistic MLB experience both statistically and aesthetically), my question to you guys is, what are your specific Slider settings?

I'd especially like to pose this questions to the mods and modders of this game/site, as I've always been curious what settings you guys have been using after all these years. Obviously you guys play the game a whole lot more and have experienced every little nuance of it, which is my main reason for aiming this question toward the higher-ups. 

So, on to the debate, if anyone dares. We can also avoid droning on about power sliders and pitch speed, since they seem to be more about preference and user skill than anything else. 

Who's in? 

The sliders in the total mod were created by BSU-FAN. He always stood by them being realistic in several simulations and I find them challenging.

I found the sliders in the total conversion mod very good but a little too easy for me. In my previous franchise with the Blue Jays I was 42-11.  Rank 1st in ERA, AVG, RISP, SLG, RUNS and 2nd in HR with 70-72

I started a new one with korean opening day roster and upped a little more pitching difficulty. Trying Pitch speed 100 and pitching meter 90. Upped cpu pitcher strike zone tendency from 25 to 35.

I use pena1 onscreen display with no ball cursor so I dont have a clue where I am aiming and also disabled vibration on my controller to avoid feedback when I aim outside the strike zone.

So far I am 5 games into my franchise with 4-1 but with more realistic numbers in runs, hits and pitching stats. Except for the last two games vs Orioles that were a total blow out. I had to touch up batting power a little until I got used to the new pitch speed but now I think I can start lowering and see the results.

Edited by debsterfan

• 3 months later...