MLB2K12 2015 total conversion mod help

bradsorensen

Folks I see everywhere that people are installing this mod but for me with no installer I need to know where all the files go.

I've unzipped all the files and they are in several folders on my desktop.

Do I just copy all the folders into C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Sports\Major League Baseball 2K12

2 hours ago, aceshigh said:

The new wireless XBox one controllers link directly to your pc's bluetooth, so there would be no need for a wireless adapter. For a person who uses a laptop like me it's much less of a hassle. I think it's Win10 only, though, if I remember well...

I didn't know that. Good to know, I actually bought a new one and it's supposed to be here today! My other one's analog went to hell and the used spare I bought had a battery issue... gotta love a crispy new gamepad :)

36 minutes ago, DaSteelerz said:

I didn't know that. Good to know, I actually bought a new one and it's supposed to be here today! My other one's analog went to hell and the used spare I bought had a battery issue... gotta love a crispy new gamepad :)

Oh how I know that lol Mine is only a couple months old and plays much better than the 360 one I used until now. If you look at the description on Amazon it says "Includes Bluetooth technology for gaming on Windows 10 PCs and tablets."

12 minutes ago, aceshigh said:

Oh how I know that lol Mine is only a couple months old and plays much better than the 360 one I used until now. If you look at the description on Amazon it says "Includes Bluetooth technology for gaming on Windows 10 PCs and tablets."

My other gaming obsessions include the NHL series as well as Battlefield... those titles are analog killers lol... i'd buy an elite if they werent like 150 bucks

• 1 month later...

I can easily mod Elder Scrolls games with no issue, but this is throwing me for a loop. So I need to unzip all of the files into their own folders? How do you know what to name the folders? Shouldn't they be overwriting vanilla files to make changes in the game? 

55 minutes ago, scottybilly said:

all the mod/game files should go into your mlb2k game folder. They will overwrite the original game files, or be brand new files that are added. You don't need to rename them

Okay, thanks. The good news is that the game loads now and it says 2K15 on the main screen. But after I press start, the game screen either freezes or just "thinks" for forever. It never loads. Is this a common issue for this game? I haven't played a game yet.

On 5/19/2017 at 3:14 PM, screaminseahawk said:

Okay, thanks. The good news is that the game loads now and it says 2K15 on the main screen. But after I press start, the game screen either freezes or just "thinks" for forever. It never loads. Is this a common issue for this game? I haven't played a game yet.

Did you d/ld the official MLB2K12 patch 1.2?  You can get it on this site in downloads. Mine use to freeze at startup, after the patch it didn't do it.

• 1 year later...

sorry to crosspost, but i've posted this in the 2k15 mod site and realize i probably should have posted it here.  i've downloaded all the files of mlb2k15 mod into the main directory of the game (from c:\programfiles (x86)\2k12) and extracted them with the 7zip extract it here option, and extracted the roster to the c:\users\appdata\roaming\mlb2k12\roaming directory and tried running the game.  it just ran the normal 2k12 game with the old rosters.  i then did the above but put all of the files but the rosters in the c:\users\appdata\roaming\mlb2k12 directory and tried again.  same results.  the files are extracting fine, so the archive problem is present as someone else mentioned.  in the game, i loaded the rosmax.ros which is dated april 2018, but in the game, it still shows, as an example, it still shows ian kinsler as a texas ranger.  i don't get any 2k15 mod screens or a current roster

Archived