Changing the default facial hair choices?

Gordo

Would anyone know or be able to change some of the facial hair choices that are default?  Specifically, I don't see the need for having 3 mustache choices.  Maybe anyway to change even 1 of them to the Abe Lincoln beard type that so many players seem to use now?

3 hours ago, Gordo said:

Would anyone know or be able to change some of the facial hair choices that are default?  Specifically, I don't see the need for having 3 mustache choices.  Maybe anyway to change even 1 of them to the Abe Lincoln beard type that so many players seem to use now?

This is pretty easy to do. I actually changed one of the mustache files in my 98 mod to a mustache&goatee combo. The Abe is easy enough to do. 

altgoatee.jpg.0d9e0452874abc5413d7aa513c134eae.jpg

39 minutes ago, Gordo said:

Oh, very cool.... if there's anything else you could think of feel free! :)

I can then change in MVPedit the label for it easily enough 

Hmm... I tried previewing this with one player and my game crashed, but I've changed the mustache_b spot to the Abe beard. I've attached the file in case you're able to get it to work.

Abebeard.zip

@BallFour:  Yeah seriously thanks for doing these subtle, yet very creative changes for modding the game.  As I've always believed; it breathes new life into it.

@Gordo: Yes, so what I did was backup my models.BIG (just in case) and simply install the Abebeard zip file with TiT.  I suspected (and was correct) that I needed to install all of them since each FSH file represents the Abebeard for each color/style.  I opened each FSH file to confirm.

After installing with TiT; I just select the 3rd mustache choice (from the top) in the facial hair field in MVPEdit.  Or it's facial hair 'Type 3' if someone is creating the player within the game itself.

-DENNIS

Ok, thanks for the confirm man.   One thing is I've never like how the game handles beards for certain lighter skins and anything other than a black beard, i.e., it just doesn't show up as a brown, or red, or blonde beard fully for certain faces/skin types.

2 hours ago, dennisjames71 said:

@BallFour:  Yeah seriously thanks for doing these subtle, yet very creative changes for modding the game.  As I've always believed; it breathes new life into it.

@Gordo: Yes, so what I did was backup my models.BIG (just in case) and simply install the Abebeard zip file with TiT.  I suspected (and was correct) that I needed to install all of them since each FSH file represents the Abebeard for each color/style.  I opened each FSH file to confirm.

After installing with TiT; I just select the 3rd mustache choice (from the top) in the facial hair field in MVPEdit.  Or it's facial hair 'Type 3' if someone is creating the player within the game itself.

-DENNIS

There is a configuration file with MVPEdit that specifies all of the values in the pulldown menus (e.g. facial hair options, ditty music options, etc.).  I can't recall the name of the file, but I believe it is called something like "config.txt".  You can edit that file and change the 3rd mustache setting ("long"?) to "Abe beard" so it's easier to remember.

1 hour ago, Jim825 said:

There is a configuration file with MVPEdit that specifies all of the values in the pulldown menus (e.g. facial hair options, ditty music options, etc.).  I can't recall the name of the file, but I believe it is called something like "config.txt".  You can edit that file and change the 3rd mustache setting ("long"?) to "Abe beard" so it's easier to remember.

That's correct. It's in the config.txt file in MVPEdit. I'd also be happy to upload the mustache&goatee combo and I could also create a Goose Gossage style mustache if there was any interest in that. Haha.

If there are any other facial hair requests, please let me know! I'll do the best I can with them. The trick is to add every color in there. I'm not at my computer, but I believe there are 7 different colors that need to be incorporated so they'll show up on everyone.

I guess the bottom line would be trying to have what would basically encapsulate styles guys use today.  For example, I think there's only 1 guy using the long ridge mustache, so it's not that important, etc.  The partial goatee as is is pretty good imo.

Wait... Abe Lincoln was #1?

Did you guys see I put him on the Springfield Cardinals <history nerd>?  Yeah, so he was #1 in the minors and he was traded soon after call-up to the Washington Nationals <of course> and wore #16.  Reportedly Bryce Harper threw a hissy fit because Abraham received more compliments from his beard rather than Brycey-boy's <not a surprise>.

• 5 months later...

Hi, I'm not understanding how this would work, so these are my questions:

1) The file has 12 fsh files, 6 with beard_fsd and 6 with soulp_fsf, so I should install the 12 files?

2) The installation should be do it with TIT files?

3) Can I choose for a player with a generic face one of the new ones editing the attrib file with the word pad?

Thanks guys

I don't think you caught that.  The files you did are basically split... one here and one in the DL area, no?  I was just mildly suggesting release a 2nd version containing both changes .... if you want of course.

I'll be trying to match it up as best as possible in the rosters.  People who don't install may end up with a lot of players with mustaches or soul patches! :)

3 minutes ago, Gordo said:

I don't think you caught that.  The files you did are basically split... one here and one in the DL area, no?  I was just mildly suggesting release a 2nd version containing both changes .... if you want of course.

I'll be trying to match it up as best as possible in the rosters.  People who don't install may end up with a lot of players with mustaches or soul patches! :)

OH! Got it. Yeah, I can definitely do that!

Archived