Online play in 2019?

Jose_canseco33

I'm pretty sure I asked about this years ago.  I think its a matter of how 2K did, or did not, allow for IP 2 IP.  I'm sure the 2K servers are long gone.

On the other hand, MVP is highly playable online, IP 2 IP, with up to date mods (not every single mod is compatible for online, e.g., the Twins new stadium).   You do have to have completely matching critical files in order not to freeze or crash in an online game (e.g., models, stadiums, uniforms, datafile.text, etc.)  Rosters of course need to match too, and you cannot simply insert new rosters and just play.  Also if your ping is too high comparatively to your opponent, the game will lag too much (e.g., you can't live too far away from each other).

15 hours ago, Gordo said:

I'm pretty sure I asked about this years ago.  I think its a matter of how 2K did, or did not, allow for IP 2 IP.  I'm sure the 2K servers are long gone.

On the other hand, MVP is highly playable online, IP 2 IP, with up to date mods (not every single mod is compatible for online, e.g., the Twins new stadium).   You do have to have completely matching critical files in order not to freeze or crash in an online game (e.g., models, stadiums, uniforms, datafile.text, etc.)  Rosters of course need to match too, and you cannot simply insert new rosters and just play.  Also if your ping is too high comparatively to your opponent, the game will lag too much (e.g., you can't live too far away from each other).

Thanks bud! I know MVP is still considered the best baseball game all time.. but a bit to old school for me..lol I played that game day in and day out for hours almost 15yrs ago I may have to give in to The Show after all :(

okay so mlb the show puts me to sleep..lol sorry yankee4Life but MVP doesn't do it for me anymore..  amazing game but i need a bit more graphics.. love the mlb 2k12 mod.. graphics and gameplay.. but really like the diamond dynasty on the show and playing online.. probably gonna grab the show 18 for $20 and get my fix that way 😉 I have the show 16..  

11 minutes ago, Gordo said:

MVP is starting to wear a bit graphically.  Lots of hope for EA to get back into the baseball game and expand on this game engine.

Could't agree more...mvp was amazing back in the day and still is.. but if ea could just take that game and enhance it to modern day graphics... lights out!

Archived