Location of a LOGO file

dennisjames71

Hello All,

It's been awhile since I've dug deeply into the globals and overlay files; but could anyone point me to where are the team logos located when shown in the overlay?  With the help of andygev35's Miami Marlins pack, I've updated the team logos in all other areas but the overlay still shows the old logo.  

Thanks in advance for any help,

-DENNIS

V44qeR0.png

They are in largelogos2d.iff, mediumlogos2d.iff, and smalllogos2d.iff.  I wasn’t able to use @Kccitystar‘s texture editor to open them, but the original 3DM Mod tool will open them and allow you to edit them. Only problem is the 3DM tool is in Chinese, but if you’ve used the English texture editor, all of the entries in the context menus are in the same order.

Edit, sorry, misread your post, that small overlay logo is actually part of a uniform file, the 64x64 RGBA image in uniform_XXX.iff.

Thank you for your info andy.  I love your work and your Marlins uniforms. So, I have your uniform_mim in my game and it shows that 64x64 image as the new, 2019 Marlins logo.  I've looked everywhere in the global, frontend_sync, and others and can't find the logos for that.  I could have sworn it was the smalllogos file and I went line by line in all of the logos (small/med/large) files and cannot locate the old Marlins logo I need to replace.  They all seem to be properly replaced with the new variations in my "2019 Beta" installation of the game.

Perhaps you have an older version of the Marlins uniforms installed?  Early versions didn't have the correct overlay image.  Judging by your screenshot, it's not the latest version where I added the correct font for the numbers, plus I fixed the overlay icon not displaying properly.

19 minutes ago, medicenchris55 said:

Amigo los logos que aparecen en el overlay, son archivos llamados de esta manera el de arizona seria, uniform_ari.iff y el de marlins es uniform_mim.iff

As stated in my original response...

9 hours ago, andygev35 said:

Edit, sorry, misread your post, that small overlay logo is actually part of a uniform file, the 64x64 RGBA image in uniform_XXX.iff.

10 hours ago, andygev35 said:

They are in largelogos2d.iff, mediumlogos2d.iff, and smalllogos2d.iff.  I wasn’t able to use @Kccitystar‘s texture editor to open them, but the original 3DM Mod tool will open them and allow you to edit them. Only problem is the 3DM tool is in Chinese, but if you’ve used the English texture editor, all of the entries in the context menus are in the same order.

Looks like I am good now.  Thank you Andy.  When you released your ver 2.0 uniforms; I somehow didn't copy over the new uniform_mim file (as you suggested) and I still had your previous version in the game.  

Thanks for everyone's input.

stUNTC2.png

13 minutes ago, dennisjames71 said:

Looks like I am good now.  Thank you Andy.  When you released your ver 2.0 uniforms; I somehow didn't copy over the new uniform_mim file (as you suggested) and I still had your previous version in the game.  

Thanks for everyone's input.

stUNTC2.png

Glad you got it sorted Dennis.  A couple of observations...  It looks as though you’re using v2.0 of the uniform.  V2.1 uses the correct sleeve patches and the colorlist.txt was updated to correct number outline colors specifically for that blue alternate uniform.

7 minutes ago, andygev35 said:

Glad you got it sorted Dennis.  A couple of observations...  It looks as though you’re using v2.0 of the uniform.  V2.1 uses the correct sleeve patches and the colorlist.txt was updated to correct number outline colors specifically for that blue alternate uniform.

Good to know.  I'll make sure to install the 2.1 versions and apply the updated colorlist as well.  Thanks for the update.

• 4 weeks later...

My original question in this thread had been successfully solved; but I had a follow-up support question that is closely related, so I hope it's OK to place it here....

In regards to the Miami Marlins and my screenshot from above, I got the correct and updated Marlins logos showing up in the score overlay with the light blue background color behind them.  That was/is working with an older roster I was using.  Last night I loaded up a couple of the more recent 2K rosters and the Marlins background/theme color reverts back to orange.  I did import the proper uniform colorlist from my older (working) roster set and saved it to the new rosters (with the Roster Editor); but they still have the orange background color instead of the blue.  Again the only difference is the rosters; I'm using the same install of the game.  I cannot remember but could someone point out where that color is changed?  

Thanks in advance,

-DENNIS

36 minutes ago, dennisjames71 said:

My original question in this thread had been successfully solved; but I had a follow-up support question that is closely related, so I hope it's OK to place it here....

In regards to the Miami Marlins and my screenshot from above, I got the correct and updated Marlins logos showing up in the score overlay with the light blue background color behind them.  That was/is working with an older roster I was using.  Last night I loaded up a couple of the more recent 2K rosters and the Marlins background/theme color reverts back to orange.  I did import the proper uniform colorlist from my older (working) roster set and saved it to the new rosters (with the Roster Editor); but they still have the orange background color instead of the blue.  Again the only difference is the rosters; I'm using the same install of the game.  I cannot remember but could someone point out where that color is changed?  

Thanks in advance,

-DENNIS

I’m not certain, but I think those colors are determined by the assigned team colors within the roster.  Try loading up the roster with roster editor, go to the Uniforms tab, scroll down to uniform_mim* and check what the assigned team colors are for each of the different Marlins uniforms sets.  None of them should be orange.

Thanks for the reply Andy.  Everything looks correct, I had imported your Marlins colorlist into my master colorlist and have also installed your uniforms and they are all the correct colors.  It seems that old orange color shows up on that score overlay and as a background color behind the team logo at the "pick your team" screen. This is puzzling because you would think that this is an easy fix.

Archived