2019 BaseUp! Roster Tweaks

Gordo

Starting this thread to provide information on any tweaks until the next roster release.  It is scheduled for the AS break, but you know me .... I'll probably do one mean time between time.

The first tweak is to Chris Davis.  I also posted this in the comments section for the rosters itself:

In light of Chris Davis' awful start and terrible season, re-calculated his batting attributes (not even counting the 2019 start) and here's what you could/should change it to:

vs. R ~~ Contact:  51;  Power  62

vs. L ~~ Contact:  47;  Power  59

Capture.PNG.b30f4e89edadd1072dcc03270f3f6ab5.PNG

How to do this without MVPedit:

Go to your main MVP folder, open data > database.

Open 'lhattrib.dat' (in something like WordPad or NotePad); search for 'Davis' (probably will be the second one you find); change the 2nd slot (labeled '2') to 47 and change the 3rd slot to 59.  Make sure you save the file.

Open 'rhattrib.dat' and do the same thing for vs. R.

**Note:  this will not affect your current season/franchise, only the base/default rosters.

(If you look across the top of these dat files, it shows what slot affects what attributes.)

For those who are really lost when doing something like this, I attached the files here.  Remember to back up, back up, back up before you change up files for this game.

lhattrib.dat

rhbstats.dat

Next tweak needed is Jose Berrios.  His delivery seems closest to Curt Shilling.

If you  can't do this in MVPedit, go to the 19 .dat files in the 'database' subfolder and open 'pitcher.dat'.  Change the 28th slot to number '32'.  If you're presently in a season, you'll have to edit within the season if you have team changer or if you're presently playing as Minnesota.

As always, PM any suggestions you think are needed for cosmetic and attribute changes.

Good job man.... you ready to take over next year?! :)

Creaghorn had also PM'd me some tweaks needed:

• Austin Romine wears old school catcher gear while Sanchez wears the hockey mask. Ingame it's inverted.
  • Gleyber Torres hitting style is similar to Renteria
  • Luke Voit has an open batting stance.
  • Aaron Judge batting stance of Green.
  • Andujar the weird stance, a bit like Kaz Matsui.

I'm also thinking Eloy Jimenez with a Jeter, one-hand release stance.

3 hours ago, Gordo said:

Good job man.... you ready to take over next year?! :)

Creaghorn had also PM'd me some tweaks needed:

• Austin Romine wears old school catcher gear while Sanchez wears the hockey mask. Ingame it's inverted.
  • Gleyber Torres hitting style is similar to Renteria
  • Luke Voit has an open batting stance.
  • Aaron Judge batting stance of Green.
  • Andujar the weird stance, a bit like Kaz Matsui.

I'm also thinking Eloy Jimenez with a Jeter, one-hand release stance.

You better believe it, brother!  I'll continue to update these as long as I live.  No telling what changes we're eventually going to get into though such as the 26 man roster coming next year.

I'll change those players' tweaks now.  The Chisox are may favorite team that I keep up with (I know, I know..), and I immediately put Eloy with a Bernie Williams stance.  I don't get a chance to watch a whole lot of baseball, though, so I could be wrong on that one.

Trevor Gott - Giants

Yacabonis - Orioles

MacCarthy - Royals

have an around 50ish mph secondary pitch, which is obviously a typo.

Bumgarner - Giants could use a bit more velocity with his fastball. Ingame he has mid to high 80ies, should be low to mid 90ies.

Tanaka - Yankees has a similar pitching style like Ishii.

Cheers

Gleyber Torres- Yankees is a native SS. Currently he is 1st position 2nd base, 2nd position none. So 2nd position could be set to SS.

IMO the body selection of Aaron Judge - Yankees could be better fitting, by giving him the same bodytype as Giancarlo Stanton (chest type, athletic etc.). Judge is hughe but not so bulky and thicklegged as it is now.

Gary Sanchez - Yankees otoh could have the body type Judge has now, because he is rather bulky and thicklegged etc. in real. Ingame he seems rather too athletic.

Cheers

Thanks for all those suggestions.  As far as pitch speeds, the game doesn't translate the exact speed ... it tends to make them faster depending on the pitch, so I came up with a little formula to adjust (also note in Colorado, pitch speeds actually get even faster as the developers accounted for the Colorado elevation -- pretty cool).   So, for example, you may see that a pitcher's speed is 90 in the editor (or in the .dat file), but in game he could pitch 93/94 (and much slower if you just tap vs. hold the pitch button initially .... which simulate taking something off the pitch --- so if you tap, your FB could go down to 87/88, but off speed pitches will flatten out and be a little faster --- another good developer move which makes the game so good).

Thanks for the typos catches and the cosmetics.... I'll incorporate into the end of April update.  We may want to release that this weekend.

Addendum:  gonna go with Lowe for Tanaka's delivery.  Ishii's leg kick is too high.

--------------------------------------

Addendum:  For Bumgarner, I turned the FB into a cutter as he isn't shown as throwing a true FB.  First I look at the texasleaguers site for each pitcher.  Further, I'm showing here the corresponding speeds I put into MVPedit.  3rd, here's examples of the ranges.  You can certainly change this to your own interpretation, but this seems to work well overall.

Bum.JPG.1fe214ce863a2855b539e6b8bee27729.JPG

1564991366_Bummvpedit.JPG.a9357eb3295352fc73c23059d72a97e6.JPG

666337699_Bum86.thumb.jpg.9d2596252960fe0c24968e5c3924f682.jpg

1818653554_Bum83.thumb.jpg.545abc5cc1d68152ef5718faea322792.jpg

Here's Bumgarner in Colorado .... he only gets a slight bump.  Pitchers who throw faster get a bit more.

1971561801_Bum87.thumb.jpg.e148a07802615ad34a0f9724af7aaf0d.jpg

You can also get some great information on pitchers at the pitcherlist.com site.   

Here's for Bumgarner:  https://www.pitcherlist.com/pitcher/madison-bumgarner/

• 1 month later...

Tweak needed for a couple of pitchers as I'm not going to re-release an update just for this for the End of May 1.1 rosters (thanks to Bagwell4ever for catching it):

Soroka, P, ATL (control tweaks):

Soroka.thumb.jpg.7f4086a6219bf03c6854cd9d2f0e589d.jpg

Also, Guduan, HOU (currently in the minors):

FB control - 27

SL control - 18

You can make the changes in MVPedit if you can/know how to use it. Otherwise you can find the corresponding slots in the .dat files directly, or you can make the edit changes directly through the game whether you're editing these rosters as your default or your currently in a season.  If you edit the default rosters, you'll have to save it as a particular name.

Hey Gordo, I'd like to make a suggestion if I may for your next release.  Michael Chavis for the Boston Red Sox.  This guy's having a pretty decent year.  By the way, did you ever submit create-a-player tutorials to Youtube?  I'd love to know the different processes you go through to conjure these players' attributes.  Thanks again for all of your hard work!

Seems to have some merit for Chavis.  I'll definitely keep in mind for the next release or possibly make an .mep file that can be imported to MVPedit and then added to a team (it's pretty easy).  

I did do a create a player for batting, but not for the other attributes.  My charts are in the downloads section.  Should be in miscellaneous.

• 2 months later...

Haven't done one of these in a while. 

Change Vlad Guerrero Jr to:

Contact v R:  74

Power v R:  80

Contact v L:  45

Power v L:  40

For End of Season rosters for these guys who are too new to have hot/cold zones, ESPN should have something by then.

20 hours ago, Gordo said:

Haven't done one of these in a while. 

Change Vlad Guerrero Jr to:

Contact v R:  74

Power v R:  80

Contact v L:  45

Power v L:  40

For End of Season rosters for these guys who are too new to have hot/cold zones, ESPN should have something by then.

Hi Gordo, don't know how accurate this info is for the hot/cold zones as an alternative source for cases that Espn has no info,  but anyway I'm sending the link:

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/h_profile.php?player=660670&gFilt=&pFilt=FA|SI|FC|SL|CU|CS|KN|CH|FS|SB&time=month&minmax=ci&var=baa&s_type=2&startDate=03/30/2007&endDate=08/03/2019&balls=-1&strikes=-1&b_hand=R

• 2 months later...

Minor appearance update:

Capture.thumb.JPG.ce29657da779f72665666dc3f43a905e.JPG

No, I don't really know if he likes Country music!

Also, change glove types for the following 1B:

Guzman, TEX -- change to 1B mitt

Thames, MIL -- change to 1B mitt

Walker, ARI -- change to 1B mitt

Castro, DET -- change to 1B mitt and primary position to 1B

Archived