Ultimate Roster Project (PC,Xbox,PS2)

llcmac

• Replies 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hate to be the bearer of bad news... but my computer has gone down. I am posting this using my PS3. Luckily, Totte, I wasn't too far along. I will tell you when I am back for business.

I'll pick up where I last left off then as I'll have some time on my hands the next couple of days

"The curse of dead computers", by UR

:D

Indeed! :lmao:

One thing I've always wanted to see is a FA/offseason version of the rosters. So that we can pick up actual FAs based on reality.

Is that possible?

I had that idea last year but the problem you run in to is setting up a whole system (MLB-A) for each team without errors since there's usually so many both MLB and MiLB free agents. I don't see that happening this year, but I agree, it's a cool idea :)

I just tried doing it and didn't get past Arizona without finding out it's basically impossible to do with MVPEdit.

One thing you could do is sim a season in the game until the offseason starts, and then use the team changer to drop all the real free agents off each team. The only problem I see with that is the game chooses random players to retire.

• 4 weeks later...

The Chicago White Sox decline to exercise their options on C Toby Hall and OF Ken Griffey Jr.

The Detroit Tigers decline to exercise their option on SS Edgar Renteria

The Florida Marlins trade 1B Mike Jacobs to the Kansas City Royals for P Leo Nunez

The Milwaukee Brewers name Ken Macha manager

The Washington Nationals announce OF Wily Mo Pena has exercised his player option and release P's Chad Cordero and Ryan Wagner and IF Pete Orr

The Boston Red Sox exercise their option on P Tim Wakefield

The Detroit Tigers announce the retirement of P Todd Jones

The Milwaukee Brewers decline to exercise their option on IF Craig Counsell

The New York Mets exercise their option on 1B Carlos Delgado and re-sign OF Fernando Tatis to a 1yr contract

The Oakland A's decline to exercise their option on P Alan Embree and claim IF Joe Dillon off waivers from the Milwaukee Brewers

The St.Louis Cardinals re-sign C Jason LaRue to a 1yr contract

The Toronto Blue Jays exercise their option on C Rod Barajas

The Arizona Diamondbacks exercise their option on P Jon Rauch

The Chicago Cubs decline to exercise their option on C Henry Blanco

The Pittsburgh Pirates decline to exercise their option on OF Jason Michaels

The Florida Marlins claim P Dan Meyer off waivers from the Oakland A's

The Kansas City Royals exercise their option on C Miguel Olivo

The Milwaukee Brewers exercise their option on OF Mike Cameron and name Dale Sveum

The New York Yankees sign P Sergio Mitre to a minor league contract

The Philadelphia Phillies name Ruben Amaro Jr. GM

The Tampa Bay Rays decline to exercise their options on P Trever Miller and OF Cliff Floyd

The Texas Rangers name Mike Maddux pitching coach

The Toronto Blue Jays claim P Kelvim Jimenez off waivers from the St.Louis Cardinals and claim IF Angel Sanchez off waivers from the Kansas City Royals

The Houston Astros decline to exercise their option on P Doug Brocail

The New York Yankees decline to exercise their options on P Carl Pavano and 1B Jason Giambi

The San Francisco Giants sign P Justin Miller to a minor league contract

The Toronto Blue Jays claim P Les Walrond off waivers from the Philadelphia Phillies

The Los Angeles Dodgers decline to exercise their options on P Brad Penny and C Gary Bennett

The Philadelphia Phillies release OF So Taguchi

The San Francisco Giants decline to exercise their option on SS Omar Vizquel

The Toronto Blue Jays announce P A.J. Burnett has declined to exercise his player option and is a free agent

The Houston Astros re-sign P LaTroy Hawkins to a 1yr contract and sign P Chia-Jen Lo to a minor league contract

The Milwaukee Brewers name Bill Castro pitching coach

The New York Yankees decline to exercise their option on P Damaso Marte

The Pittsburgh Pirates name Perry Hill first base coach

The San Diego Padres exercise their option on OF Brian Giles

The Texas Rangers exercise their option on 3B Hank Blalock

The Florida Marlins trade P Scott Olsen and OF Josh Willingham to the Washington Nationals for P D.J. Dean 2B Emilo Bonifacio and SS Jake Smolinski

The Kansas City Royals re-sign P Brandon Duckwirth to a 1yr contract

The Philadelphia Phillies re-sign P Scott Eyre to a 1yr contract

The Milwaukee Brewers announce the retirement of P Salomon Torres

The New York Yankees re-sign P Damaso Marte to a 3yr contract

The Oakland A's trade P's Greg Smith and Huston Street and OF Carlos Gonzalez to the Colorado Rockies for OF Matt Holliday

The Chicago White Sox trade OF Nick Swisher and P Kanekoa Texeira to the New York Yankees for IF Wilson Betemit and P's Jeff Marquez and Jhonny Nunez

The Florida Marlins trade P Kevin Gregg to the Chicago Cubs for P Jose Ceda

The Minnesota Twins sign manager Ron Gardenhire to a 2yr contract extension

The Washington Nationals re-sign IF Pete Orr to a minor league contract

The Kansas City Royals release P Ryan Braun

The Baltimore Orioles sign IF Donnie Murphy to a minor league contract

The New York Yankees sell the contract of P Darrell Rasner to the Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles of the Japanese League

The Baltimore Orioles sign P Brad Hennessey to a minor league contract

The Chicago White Sox claim P Kelvim Jimenez off waivers from the Toronto Blue Jays

The Florida Marlins announce the retirement of IF Jason Wood

The San Francisco Giants sign P Jeremy Affeldt to a 2yr contract and sign 1B Josh Phelps to a minor league contract

The Texas Rangers re-sign P Kazuo Fukumori to a minor league contract

The Baltimore Orioles sign C Jose Reyes to a minor league contract

The Chicago Cubs re-sign P Ryan Dempster to a 4yr contract

The Cincinnati Reds sign C Ben Davis to a minor league contract

The Boston Red Sox trade OF Coco Crisp to the Kansas City Royals for P Ramon Ramirez

The Detroit Tigers re-sign P Macay McBride to a 1yr contract

The Seattle Mariners name Don Wakamatsu manager

The New York Yankees announce the retirement of P Mike Mussina

The Oakland A's sign P Chris Schroder to a 1yr contract

The Texas Rangers sell the contract of P Kameron Loe to the Fukuoaka Softbank Hawks of the Japanese League

The Toronto Blue Jays release P Les Walrond

The Atlanta Braves claim P Eric O'Flaherty off waivers from the Seattle Mariners

The Cincinnati Reds release IF Andy Phillips

The Cleveland Indians sign IF Andy Cannizaro to a minor league contract

The Philadelphia Phillies trade OF Greg Golston to the Texas Rangers for OF John Mayberry

The Arizona Diamondbacks release 1B Jamie D'Antona and announce has signed with the Tokyo Yakult Swallows of the Japanese League

The Colorado Rockies name Jim Tracy bench coach Don Baylor hitting coach and Rich Dauer third base coach

The Houston Astros acquire P Tyler Lumsden from the Kansas City Royals for a player to be named later or cash

The Houston Astros release OF David Newhan

The Milwaukee Brewers sign P R.J. Swindle to a 1yr contract and sign IF Jason Bourgeois to a minor league contract

The Atlanta Braves claim P Jairo Cuevas off waivers from the Kansas City Royals

The Washington Nationals re-sign P Ryan Wagner to a minor league contract

The Cleveland Indians sign P Greg Aquino to a minor league contract

The Kansas City Royals sign IF Luis Hernandez to a minor league contract

The New York Mets sign C Rene Rivera to a minor league contract

The Boston Red Sox acquire P Wes Littleton from the Texas Rangers for 2 players to be named later or cash

The San Diego Padres announce P Justin Germano has signed with the Fukuoka Softbank Hawks of the Japanese League

The Kansas City Royals sign C J.R. House to a minor league contract

The Philadelphia Phillies sign P Mike Koplove to a minor league contract

I was hoping that these could be used as a Checklist

Are you still going with '08 season-ending rosters, or are you making current rosters? Because I can probably cook up a current Astros roster list w/ a couple scouting reports for some of the more important guys on the farm.

Are you still going with '08 season-ending rosters, or are you making current rosters? Because I can probably cook up a current Astros roster list w/ a couple scouting reports for some of the more important guys on the farm.

Considering how much time and effort goes into the rosters, making them 08 season ending would be a bad thing since we won't release anything until spring training. Then we'd have to work from there to make the rosters up to date once again and that'd be a real pain in the "behind".

I might take you up on the Astros stuff later on but now we need to keep complete focus on the goals we've set for the near future but thank for you offer.

• 2 weeks later...

The Kansas City Royals sign P Franquelis Osoria to a minor league contract

The Milwaukee Brewers sign 1B Scott Thorman to a minor league contract

The Oakland A's sign P Kevin Cameron and 1B Tagg Bozied to minor league contracts

The Toronto Blue Jays announce OF Kevin Mench has signed with the Hanshin Tigers of the Japanese League

The Boston Red Sox sign P Billy Traber to a minor league contract

The Houston Astros re-sign P Doug Brocail to a 1yr contract

The Kansas City Royals re-sign C Matt Tupman to a minor league contract

The Boston Red Sox sign 2BPedroia to a 6 year $40.5 million extension

Cubs re-signed RHP Chad Fox to a minor league contract and invited him to spring training.

Cardinals signed LHP Trever Miller to a one-year deal.

Mariners signed infielder Russell Branyan to a one-year contract.

Giants signed RHP Bob Howry to a one-year, $2.75 million contract.

The Houston Astros sign P Mike Hampton to a 1yr contract

The New York Mets re-sign P Nelson Figueroa and IF Andy Green to minor league contracts

The Boston Red Sox sign P Junichi Tazawa to a 3yr contract

The Chicago White Sox trade P's Javier Vazquez and Boone Logan to the Atlanta Braves for P Santos Rodriguez C Tyler Flowers 3B Jon Gilmore and SS Brent Lillibridge

The Cincinnati Reds re-sign P Mike Lincoln to a 2yr contract

The Milwaukee Brewers sign P Jorge Julio to a 1yr contract

The San Francisco Giants sign SS Edgar Renteria to a 2yr contract

The Atlanta Braves sign C David Ross to a 2yr contract

The Chicago White Sox sign P John Van Benschoten to a minor league contract

The Cleveland Indians sign P Tomo Ohka to a minor league contract

The Houston Astros sign IF Matt Kata to a minor league contract

The Los Angeles Angels sign P Pil Joon Jang to a minor league contract

The Pittsburgh Pirates sign P Daniel Haigwood to a minor league contract

The San Diego Padres trade SS Khalil Greene to the St.Louis Cardinals for P Mark Worrell and a player to be named later

The Tampa Bay Rays sign P Jason Childers to a minor league contract and re-sign P Jeremy Cummings and OF Chris Richard to minor league contracts

The Philadelphia Phillies announce P Matt Childers has signed with the Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles of the Japanese League

The Detroit Tigers acquired C Gerald Laird from the Texas Rangers in exchange for minor league RHP Guillermo Moscoso and RHP Carlos Melo.

The Colorado Rockies sign C Paul Phillips to a minor league contract

The Houston Astros claim P Jeff Fulchino off waivers from the Kansas City Royals

The Los Angeles Dodgers announce the retirement of P Greg Maddux

The Milwaukee Brewers re-sign P Todd Coffey to a 1yr contract

The Pittsburgh Pirates sign P Brian Slocum to a minor league contract

The Detroit Tigers sign SS Adam Everett to a one-year contract

The Dodgers sign Casey Blake to a 3 year deal and Mark Loretta to a one year deal.

The Baltimore Orioles trade C Ramon Hernandez to the Cincinnati Reds for IF/OF Ryan Freel and IF's Justin Turner and Brandon Waring

The Cleveland Indians sell the contract of P Tom Mastny to the Yokohama Bay Stars of the Japanese League

The Milwaukee Brewers re-sign IF Mike Lamb to a 1yr contract

The Oakland A's sign P Jerome Williams to a minor league contract

The Kansas City Royals claim P Jairo Cuevas off waivers from the Atlanta Braves

The New York Mets sign P Francisco Rodriguez to a 3yr contract

The Washington Nationals release P Jesus Colome

The Arizona Diamondbacks re-sign IF Augie Ojeda to a 1yr contract

The Chicago Cubs acquire P David Patton from the Cincinnati Reds for cash

The Cleveland Indians acquire P Joe Smith and 2B Luis Valbuena as part of a three team trade

The Florida Marlins release C Matt Treanor

The Houston Astros acquire C Lou Palmisano from the Baltimore Orioles for cash

The Kansas City Royals sign P's Horacio Ramirez and Doug Waechter to 1yr contracts

The Minnesota Twins re-sign IF Nick Punto to a 2yr contract

The New York Mets acquire P's Sean Green and J.J. Putz and OF Jeremy Reed as part of a three team trade

The Philadelphia Phillies acquire C Ronny Paulino from the Pittsburgh Pirates for C Jason Jaramillo

The Pittsburgh Pirates release C Raul Chavez

The Seattle Mariners acquire P's Maikel Cleto Aaron Heilman and Jason Vargas 1B Mike Carp and OF's Ezequiel Carrera Endy Chavez and Franklyn Gutierrez as part of a three team trade and acquire P Jose Lugo from the Kansas City Royals for cash

The Tampa Bay Rays trade P Edwin Jackson to the Detroit Tigers for OF Matt Joyce

The Texas Rangers acquire P Beau Vaughan from the Boston Red Sox to complete the trade for Wes Littleton

Archived