GeForce MX User Player Detail Solution (Tip) - Driver Info

alpium

now i have found the application file which i had actually previously found. however, i may have installed the 3d analyze program in the wrong place. the message i keep getting is a cannot copy to documents and settings... to what should i be installing the 3d analyze program? it sits on my desktop right now. thanks

Ok,

Try this.

What I did was made a new temp folder in c: and extracted 3D Analyzer 2.0 in that folder.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will this make my players have non-buggy eyes now? I noticed that they looked ugly and was wondering where i could change it. Thanks to whoever linked us to that site. Oh yeah, quick question: Will it run smooth on a GeForce MX 440?

First off, I personally don't know if it will run smooth on a GeForce MX 440 video card, but it runs smooth using my lower GeForce 2 Go card in my Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop.

And if you get it to work, yes 3D Analyzer 2.0 gets rid of the players buggy eyes and the players look almost like their counterparts.

BTW: Here's where to get 3D Analyzer2.0

http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/tools/3d_analyze/index.htm

repost:

Why is it that when I use the program, the Color Depth in the Resolution setting is stuck at 32??....It doesn't give me the other options...

(1024x768x16 and such)

What can I do to set it back to 16?

Why is it that when I use the program, the Color Depth in the Resolution setting is stuck at 32??....It doesn't give me the other options...

(1024x768x16 and such)

What can I do to set it back to 16?

i'm not sure if it's even an option in this version to be honest. my old card fried on me so i was using my old radeon 7500 and the program and had the same thing 32bit only. today i went and bought a radeon 9250 128mb card (no not the best but looks pretty damn good when your on a college budget) game looks great without the program, all detail is switchable etc. but color option is only 32 bit again. i really don't care about it, i just found it interesting. but now when i think back i don't ever remember the 16bit option to begin with. someone may think otherwise.

I have an ATI Radeon Sapphire 9000 (128MB), and the ball when thrown is stuttering all over the place, even through this program. This is terrible, I cannot believe we have to run one program through another, just to pretend to get it to work. I have lost a lot of respect for EA.

AceMan

Aceman I have the same problem.

I have an Ati X800 SE, and I'm trying to fix the stuttering part of the ball when its thrown. I havent tried this program but from the looks of it it doesnt work much. Anybody can help? Sometimes like once every 10 throws it runs fine. But most of the time it stuters when the ball is throw (though not to home plate) but when its hit, thrown etc... I heard it's because the game is trying to catch up to the speed of the video card, but not sure. Anybody have this problem and fix it?

My CPU

Pentium 4, 3.2 GHz

2 GB of Ram

128 MB ATI X800 SE Video Card

I still can't get this fix using 3DAnalyze to work. It may just be that my old GeforceMX 400 32mb card is too slow on my 800mhz, 256RAM machine. Kinda stinks that I can run Madden2005, and NBA Live 2005 just fine with this machine and pretty high quality graphics, but I can't even TRY to run MVP 2005 with the player graphics turned up. :roll: :| :( :x

I may consider getting a newer graphics card, but I don't want to spend more than $100. I'm looking at the ATI 9200SE 128mb graphics cards, because I could get one for around $70. Does anybody use one of these cards, and would you recommend it? How does MVP run with this card? How does the ATI compare to the NVidia Gefore FX cards? I've always been happy with NVIdia Geforce cards and like the good driver support. It's amazing my old card has lasted this long. Any recommendations???

I still can't get this fix using 3DAnalyze to work. It may just be that my old GeforceMX 400 32mb card is too slow on my 800mhz, 256RAM machine. Kinda stinks that I can run Madden2005, and NBA Live 2005 just fine with this machine and pretty high quality graphics, but I can't even TRY to run MVP 2005 with the player graphics turned up. :roll: :| :( :x

I may consider getting a newer graphics card, but I don't want to spend more than $100. I'm looking at the ATI 9200SE 128mb graphics cards, because I could get one for around $70. Does anybody use one of these cards, and would you recommend it? How does MVP run with this card? How does the ATI compare to the NVidia Gefore FX cards? I've always been happy with NVIdia Geforce cards and like the good driver support. It's amazing my old card has lasted this long. Any recommendations???

might try the radeon 9250 by msi, it's better than the 9200 it can be had @ newgg.com for around $40. i got one as a cheap replacement for my good card that crapped out on me and it works great. there's a little stuttering, but i think right now for most of us ,that's a normal issue.

only thing i would be concerned w/ is your pc. it looks a little outdated, no offense, we're all on a budget that's why i went w/ the 9250. so i'm not sure if you'll get high detail or not. i run a p4 2.8 ghz, w/ 1.5 gb of RAM so it works for me fine. another thing i would make sure of ,is that you have adequate cooling, because a lot of the 9200's and 9250's have no fans, just one of those heatsink plates for more silent operation, so they tend to get hot. i built my pc so i have plenty of fans in my case. maybe look at newegg and find a 9250 that does have a fan. it will cost maybe a few more $$ but still way less than the $70-100 you are going to pay. good luck either way you go.

as far as which is better ati vs nvidia i personally feel it's preference. i've always prefered ati. others are the opposite, both are good.

I bought a new Radeon 9250 128mb card - needed the upgrade anyway. The first time I tried it in the machine and fired up the game, I was able to adjust player detail to high. Game looked great! But now, I can no longer adjust player detail and the player detail is grayed out again.

Anyone have any idea what may have happened? Tech support guys at EA are at a loss as well. They think my machine should definitely be able to run the game just fine and should have the player detail options available. Could the newest drivers (what I'm using) cause a problem? Anyone with Radeon cards have any issues with drivers?

I can't get 3DAnalyze to work either. Any tricks to this? Where should the 3DAnalyze program be unzipped and installed? Desktop? MVP 2005 folder? Does it make a difference where it is?

My system is on the low end, but should run the game fine. When I was able to set player detail to high that ONE time, the game ran and looked great - ran really smooth! I have an 800mhz, 256mb RAM machine, now with an ATI Radeon 9250 128mb video card. Does anyone think increasing my RAM would help with this problem? Would it help 3DAnalyze work since it uses RAM to emulate hardware? I would be willing to add some RAM if it would help, it's pretty cheap. Is anyone out there with an 800mhz, 256mb RAM machine able to run the player detail on high in the game?

Any help with these questions would be greatly appreciate :wink:

man that sucks! i am using the newest drivers w/ the same card. but like i mentioned the vid card is pretty much the only mid- range component in my system. ram might help, but we need to troubleshoot the problem. so start w/ the small things first.

a few small things,uninstall the game (save any mods) first- then clean out the old system files, cache, cookies etc. (google supercleaner by southbay software- free trial awesome tool) then reboot, defrag and reinstall the game. then try to run the game , if it's still no go then you may be looking at an upgrade. let me know what happens after you try all that, and i'll see if i can be of any more help- pm me. i admire your persistence BTW. either you really love baseball or you're a complete lunatic, either one is worthy of my respect.

ps - when you say that 3danalyze deosn't work, you mean that u have the exe loaded in the program but still can't select high detail right? are you using v 2.0?

Ram,

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, guess a little bit of both - lunatic and baseball lover. Like I said, I played the game ONCE with detail set on high and I got a taste of how fun and good looking the game could be. I want another taste!!! 8O

By the way, I completely reformatted my c: drive - the drive with the operating system on it. I do have another drive, but it is relatively new and uncluttered. Still didn't work after reformatting. Now that is crazy! I've tried just about everything. I will try to defrag that drive.

I think I'm using 3DAnalyze correctly, I'm just wondering if there is a certain place to install or unpack the program - in the MVP 2005 folder or the desktop or doesn't matter. I am using version 2.0 I tried to use another version as well, and it didn't work either. Seems like more RAM might help 3DAnalyze work.

Just really seems like I should be able to adjust the player detail with what I've got. The EA tech guys think so too. Seems like they could just release a patch to get rid of the dang player detail issue. That would be nice........ :roll:

ok so you ARE running the game through 3danalyze but the low player detail is still locked correct? it doesn't matter where the program is installed just make sure it's 2.0, don't even bother w/ another version. as i mentioned just install it to the c/program files (or wherever) and add a desktop shortcut. if the player detail is still locked then this may be an indicator that yes, your system resources may in deed need upgrading.

there's one more option to try before you run out and buy a bunch of RAM sticks. it's a long shot but it's free so give it a whirl first. it's called atitool it's here: http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/. it is an overclocking utility for radeon cards, now that being said, don't freak out- this doesn't mean that you HAVE to overclock the card. what it seems to do is "unlock" some of the limitations of the card. for example stock AF on these cards is a max of 6x (or 8x can't remember), but with this tool you can set it up to 16x (don't change te AA settings though - these cards hate that), which really results in beautiful textures, eliminates all that grass shimmer etc. and of course you can use it to overclock the card if you choose. like i mentioned on a student budget my radeon 9600 (bought it used (never again will i buy used components)- WARNING WARNING) crapped out on me, so i did a little research and found this article on the 9250 and it's abilities: http://www.hothardware.com/viewarticle.cfm?articleid=576 - which is what led me to purchase it since it was cheap enough and really nowadays the only pc games i'm playing are sports games. anyway i did easily overclock succesfully and true to the article i'm getting about 10% more FPS which has led me to a virtually stutter free game. try out the tool, you don't have to overclock it (although it does have it's benefits) but play w/ the tool first, see if it helps any, then go from there.

if that doesn't help which i really don't know if it will, then try the RAM. heck go to officemax or something and buy a stick or 2, and if it doesn't help just take it back and tell them it's imcompatible w/ your pc (they'll refund your $$). just make sure you know the correct ram to buy and the max amount your pc will accept (judging by the specs of your pc- i'm willing to wager it'll hold 512mb). this way you'll have eliminated all the options available, which will then lead you to contemplate a new pc purchase (or homebuild). not necessarily for THIS game alone, but maybe just because it's time to do so. either way, let me know if you need help w/ the ati tool and good luck.

Ram,

I'll give it a shot! Really appreciate the assistance! You've been extremely helpful trying to help me get this problem resolved. Thanks!

no problem, as mentioned there's few things i respect about the human race in general but, i do respect: a) the love of baseball (which unfortunately seems to be a lost art nowadays- even with the new influx of wanna be baseball bandwagon lovers - usually indentified by the fact that their favorite team this year is in direct relation to who won it all last year)- B) the obssesive compulsion to mess with something until it suits your tastes perfectly (ie- not settling for the standard) and -c) sheer insane lunacy.

let me know how it goes...

thats stupid... why ??

I have AMD 2.0 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 (256 DDR), and 512 DDR RAM , and I have also problem with play...

When cpu hit ball, and I play in defence (e.g. throw to 1st base) animation is not fluently. When I change details to medium or low, I have also thats problem.... hmmmm why ??? My computer is too slowy (procesor or ?? )

please help

yeah you can use it to really squeeze out every last drop of performance available in these cards. my 9250 overclocked easily and the game looks great- even better. it looked great before but now- like you mentioned- it looks even better and the stuttering is almost nonexistent. i have also found that the standard ati drivers (the newest 5.3) work best for them as well. i wouldn't recommend the omegas they don't seem to like the card, and i tried some soft modded ones that completely locked up the card. stick w/ the standard ati issued ones no matter who manufactured the card (ie-ati, msi, sapphire, powercolor etc- it's still the same radeon gpu) for best results.

also with atitool you can set it to load up at startup w/ your mvp profile by default, otherwise you'll have to load the tweaked card settings everytime manually. click on settings in the lower right hand corner of ati tool, then use the drop down box and select startup check the 2 boxes "everytime atitool is launched load profile" - whatever you named your new profile, and "load on windows startup via" choose registry key from the dropdown. boom good to go! :twisted:

Archived