GeForce MX User Player Detail Solution (Tip) - Driver Info

alpium

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

set it to 0. i don't remember the rest, i don't have to use it anymore, i think there is one called performance mode- check that- and disable tt and L caps. look through the thread pages it has all the most up to date info for using the program.

thanks

i give that a try

so far it crashes like in the 4th inning for me with it set to 0 and performance mark.

i try 10 and performance mark. and i got a crash too.

also the grass is so bright, it hard to see the ball when it on the ground.

i have a geforce 2 mx 32mb

thanks

look for the box on 3danalyze w/ 'T&L Caps' in it and make sure it is checked, also make sure helmet reflections is off IN the video menu options of the GAME. hopefully that helps. if not it may be time for an upgrade.

look for the box on 3danalyze w/ 'T&L Caps' in it and make sure it is checked, also make sure helmet reflections is off IN the video menu options of the GAME. hopefully that helps. if not it may be time for an upgrade.

thanks that work. no crashes Everything looks great except...

is there any way to get the grass darker on high resolution. right now its light

on the very low resolution, grass color looks normal but i see sparkles

Ram,

When you say "T&L caps" are you referring to the box that says "TnL caps" because I don't see a T&L caps box in 3DAnalyze. Also, I've got the same card as you - the Radeon 9250 - and I was wondering if this card has T&L capability. I don't see anything in the ATI control panel that refers to T&L caps. Is there something in the ATI control panel I could do to make the game realize that my card and computer speed should allow it to unlock the player detail set to low? I will try the ATI Tool you suggested as well.

It's just so dang frustrating since in worked on my computer that one time when I first installed the 9250 card. What the hell happened after that? And yes, I am becoming obsessed with trying to get this thing to work. When I'm confronted with a challenge, I usually do whatever it takes to figure it out and make it work.

lineshot - yeah that would be it tnl caps- make sure it's checked- but that only is good if you are having a game crash- it won't resolve the detail locked issue. it's been a while since i used the program i'm trying to recall based on human memory. it is located in the middle column of the main 2.o screen if i recall. i would imagine the card does support tnL, ati probably calls it something else though. try the ati tool, it really helped someone else. it's a good program to have regardless, it really improves the card performance. if that doesn't help, the inevitable has arrived.

jbmagicfan- try adjusting the af on the card if possible. right click on the desktop- properties- settings- advanced. look through the tabs untill you find the af & aa menus, look for the box that will allow you to customize your settings, try adjusting AF ONLY to 2x or 4x or 6x (not sure what your card can handle) it should help eliminate the "sparkle".

good luck! anyone else?....

ps- lineshot- see if you can access the motherboard bios during bootup on your pc (Usually press f1, f8 or the delete key during bootup depending on the pc manufacturer to access the bios)- see if you can adjust the agp settings to 4x (i'm sure 8x isn't an option for your mobo) also see if you can set the aperture burst to 256 or 512 (whatever you see as the highest setting set it to that). also disable any onboard video chip that this pc may have. these are a couple random things i can think of off the top of my head that i have forgotten that may solve the lock.

like i mentioned above try adjusting the antistrpic filtering (AF) setting in the video card control panel. this may help. if not you'll have to settle for lower resolution w/out the sparkle until you upgrade. there's only so much you can do w/ what you haveLOL!

thanks rambully

looks a lot better now

your welcome bro. today is my chip in and help out day, i'm more than happy to help if it helps make it better for you. i'm glad it did. now i need to get back to my minor league uniform updates.

OK.... I have read through all these posts and must say I am more confused than when I started to read this post :? ----- I have just recently purchased MVP Baseball 2005 for the PC and have only LOW grahics for players and they look BAD!! --- The LOW graphic is grayed out so I can't change it... Here are my PC system:

My system is as follows:

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 3/25/2005, 09:27:05

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: NVIDIA

System Model: AWRDACPI

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Processor: AMD Athlon , MMX, 3DNow, ~1.8GHz

Memory: 896MB RAM

Page File: 272MB used, 1900MB available

Windows Dir: C:WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX Integrated GPU (Microsoft Corporation)

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce4 MX Integrated GPU

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: EnumPCIVEN_10DE&DEV_01F0&SUBSYS_1C01147B&REV_A3

Display Memory: 128.0 MB

Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (85Hz)

Monitor: Dell P991

Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200

Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0010.5673 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 8/4/2004 00:56:44, 4274816 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp: n/a

VDD: n/a

Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys

Mini VDD Date: 8/3/2004 22:29:54, 1897408 bytes

Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-42B0-11CF-E261-0B3C02C2CB35}

Vendor ID: 0x10DE

Device ID: 0x01F0

SubSys ID: 0x1C01147B

Revision ID: 0x00A3

Revision ID: 0x00A3

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_B ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D

Deinterlace Caps: {212DC723-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_MedianFiltering

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{212DC723-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_MedianFiltering

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

Registry: OK

DDraw Status: Enabled

D3D Status: Enabled

AGP Status: Enabled

DDraw Test Result: Not run

D3D7 Test Result: Not run

D3D8 Test Result: Not run

D3D9 Test Result: Not run

Thanks in advance........... I need this in plain English and not High Tech mumble jumble - LOL :o

Do I need to download updated drivers for NVIDIA to solve this and if so, what drivers do I need or is best??? -- thanks!

I have the same exact video card, and works fine if you use 3D Analyze.

But I don't understand how you've read this thread and still be confused, it has been repeated over and over and over again.

Just use 3D Analyze 2.0(with 10sec countdown) to play the game EVERYTIME and you have high detail, without it you have low.

I have the latest drivers 71.84 and it doesn't make a difference.

It sucks, but you have to use 3D Analyze to have high detail with our video card.

Ok.... Got it all figured out.... Sorry that I could not figure it out at first... Still feeling my way about... Now that I have 3D Analyse, it works fine... Thanks to all for your help.... Understanding more as I go along here. :lol: ---- Since I play Links 2003 and a few other games, should I update my drivers to 71.84..?? or just leave it to what I have? :D

hey guys. my game doesnt run choppy or anything, but it freezes after a few innings, is there any way to correct that? :( oh btw my card is geforce fx 5200 128 mb. i know its not the card that the topic is about, but you helped some ati user, maybe youll help me too

glad i could help again.

yeah if you have a prebuilt system (hp, dell etc.) and you replace the card you may have the freezing issue. especially if it's one of these "silent" cards without the fan. mainly because, the prebuilt pc's only have one maybe two fans and inadequate ventilation. if you're using a prebuilt pc and having these problems i recommend a pci slot cooler. basically it's just a fan that takes up a empty pci slot underneath your video card and blows cool air up towards the card. they don't run off the pci power slot so they won't use up any irq assignments, they just screw in there and have a plug to run off your main power supply. they range anywhere from say $6-$20 for the fan, IMO they're all pretty adequate. and a good investment. or you could just pull the side off in the meantime but, that can lead to other problems, especially if you're into case-modding w/ cold cathode light tubes and such. it won't hurt to have the side off for a day or two, but you can build up dust and stuff in there pretty quick, so try a fan. also get some of that canned air and clean out your fans and fan ports of dust also. this way they move cooler air more efficiently.

i downloaded 3danalyze v.2.0 and i did everything they said and when i clicked ran it said "could not copy C:Documents and Settings(my name ex. bob jones)Desktopdat1.000 to E:d3d8.dll !

on the part where it says (my name) i mean like my actual name i just dont wanna list it here

Ram - Thanks again for all your help!

I'm playing the game in beautiful High Player Detail! Looks just awesome - just about everything else set on high - no need for 3DAnalyze.

How did I do it? Well, my computer was really running crappy, lots of spyware and crap on it and I was messing with it all the time. It really was time for an upgrade, but I didn't want to spend a lot on an upgrade, so I thought I'd trade my computer in for a minimal upgrade at a (hoped for) low cost.

Went down to the local computer shop where they build custom systems and sometimes have used computers. Nothing used there at the time - but wait a minute! We've got this 1+Ghz AMD Athlon Pro motherboard and cpu with 512mb ram here if you're interested. Well, I got the motherboard, processor and twice as much memory for dirt cheap, traded in my old 800mhz Pentium III, 256mb ram motherboard and bought a copy of Windows XP (for less than the price if installed on a new computer), and I have a brand new computer! Computer runs way faster even though the processor speed is not that much faster, but the double in RAM really helps. I think I might be sold on AMD processors too! Great little system. I love the upgrade of Windows XP from Windows98 - really makes it feel like a new computer.

So, I can run everything on high in MVP, including Player detail, my computer works so much better and it feels like new, and it didn't cost me much at all.

Very happy with the game, but more importantly with my new computer that will now tide me over well until I get my laptop! :D :!: :wink:

Satisfied in Duluth.....

great glad to hear it! speaking of xp in the future; if you know anyone in college, see if their school sells their surplus software to enrolled students. mine does, and i got xp pro for $10, and office 2003 for $26! it's all brand new software, only hitch is 1 title per student, otherwise i'd be retired by now! glad you got it working man.

Guys i still have the same problem with my players details...set at LOW...I have a DELL pentium III with 800 MHZ, 256MB RAM, a ATI RADEON9550 video card 256MB...I tried using 3D software v2.0 and it still doesn't work...ANy tips please???...My video card is still new...If i can't do nothing I might return it...so any tips at all will be very appreciated!!!...thanks!!!

Archived