MVP on new computer

danc

I am trying to install mvp 2k5 . I have the original disks but since they are so old (i think) the install either will not start or it gets to 60% on the second disk and hangs. Is there a way around this or do I have to spend $180 to buy new disks. I love this game and really need to play on this new computer. Thanks.

there a a number of threads on the site that might help, if you want to try it, but the short of is this. im assuming you meant mvp05.

if thats the case then try the theads for mvp05 and the os your rworiking with.

but i will tell you there not been a alot of luck running it windows 10. if your system is windows 7 or 8 you have much better luck running it,. if non this helps it could be the disk, even you stated new computer these are sre your first step to trying to get it going. as best any of us in able to tell you without know your specs and os to help you. if you would add your specs inclusing oos we might be able to help you more, but the suggestions i have said will help you to. you can get windows 7  system for under a hundred if that your soution. that what i did.

15 hours ago, danc said:

I am trying to install mvp 2k5 . I have the original disks but since they are so old (i think) the install either will not start or it gets to 60% on the second disk and hangs. Is there a way around this or do I have to spend $180 to buy new disks. I love this game and really need to play on this new computer. Thanks.

You're better off spending $75 dollars on a computer with Windows XP or 7 on it that will run it with no problems.

Thanks guys. You are right. It is mvp baseball 2005. Strange thing. I set up the new computer for windows 7 because I knew that there were problems with Windows 10. I finally got the game to install

(cleaned the discs , etc.) . After install it will not run. No crash, call for disk, nothing just spins and stops. The first time I tried to run it after the complete install I got a message something to the effect that my new processor should be running

Windows 10 and hinted at compatibility problems. Extremely frustrating. Does that mean that new systems after 1/1/2020 even if they are windows 7 can not run the game? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Intel i7-7700 3.6 GHz

16 meg ram

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080

SSD 1tb

12 hours ago, danc said:

Thanks guys. You are right. It is mvp baseball 2005. Strange thing. I set up the new computer for windows 7 because I knew that there were problems with Windows 10. I finally got the game to install

(cleaned the discs , etc.) . After install it will not run. No crash, call for disk, nothing just spins and stops. The first time I tried to run it after the complete install I got a message something to the effect that my new processor should be running

Windows 10 and hinted at compatibility problems. Extremely frustrating. Does that mean that new systems after 1/1/2020 even if they are windows 7 can not run the game? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Intel i7-7700 3.6 GHz

16 meg ram

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080

SSD 1tb

Sweet specs!

I'd recommend looking at uninstalling KB3086255. See a guide on how to do this.
If this specific KB is installed, it removes/disables the securom driver that affects all the old games from performing a disc check.

Thanks. Got it working. Kind of strange though. When I clicked to play the new install it just spun but if I then clicked on a mod, it played. After the first game played on a mod the next time I clicked on the new install it ran. Apparently the install was hung up for some reason but if I played the mod while it was hung it opened everything up. Strange. Thanks for the help.

Archived