1956 TC was just amazing!!!!!

Savoy Special

Hello All, 

I just wanted to take a brief second and sincerely thank those who contributed on the 1956 Total Classics Mod.............Not only did I have no issues extracting and downloading the files, the gameplay was absolutely amazing! Having Ernie Harwell, Vin Scully, and Mel Allen providing broadcast coverage made it all the more realistic. It was the closest thing a child of the 1980s could ever come these days to living that Golden Era of baseball...........

I played through a season with the Brooklyn Dodgers, and managed to win a tough 7-game World Series against the Yankees.................Even better was the fact that I shared the at-bats with my 9-year-old son, and he is now thoroughly familiar with the Brooklyn Dodgers lineup and pitching rotation.............Seriously, how many 9-year-old kids in 2020 can name the mid-1950s Brooklyn Dodgers batting order? My son wanted us to play with this particular team because he had read about Jackie Robinson in school, but now he knows all about Gil Hodges, Carl Furillo, Pee Wee Reese, Roy Campanella, and all the rest thanks to this game :)

We're looking forward to playing other Mods now (getting to my other post), but I did want to make a separate thread to thank the awesome folks who contributed to the 1956 Total Classics Mod............

I'm in the middle of a 1951 season and I totally understand. I specifically wanted to learn more about the Dodgers, and about halfway through my season I've gone and referenced videos, and of course my trusty first edition of The Baseball Encyclopedia and it has been a learning experience to the point where I feel like I can almost talk fluently about a season I never could have watched. I'm actually relishing the time off of pro sports on TV to really revisit classic mods like this in several games.

Wow! A nine-year-old kid who can name the starting lineup of the 50's Dodgers. Extremely impressive!

I recommend the 1951 mod next or if you want to go back a few years, 1946. But Robinson won't be on that team. The '51 mod is one of my favorites. Spend some time in the download section because you'll find a lot of wonderful mods there. Welcome to the best baseball website around.

28 minutes ago, tinpanalley said:

I'm in the middle of a 1951 season and I totally understand. I specifically wanted to learn more about the Dodgers, and about halfway through my season I've gone and referenced videos, and of course my trusty first edition of The Baseball Encyclopedia and it has been a learning experience to the point where I feel like I can almost talk fluently about a season I never could have watched. I'm actually relishing the time off of pro sports on TV to really revisit classic mods like this in several games.

Amazing, huh? You can lose yourself in these mods.

The way I play these games is I have a piece of paper next to me and I look up a player that I don't know much about and I use the Baseball Encyclopedia too. It is a wonderful learning experience and I have learned so much about a season that played before I was born.

Archived