New "Click To Start" background

Digital_Utopia

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My main suggestion for everybody having questions or problems with creating your own CTS screens is to download my tutorial.

I've made sure to include every little detail from guidelines to finding your image..all the way through to importing it into the game.

It contains plenty of descriptions, and plenty of screenshots...every step of the way. I tried to make it so that even someone who has never used any of these programs (including photoshop) can do it with ease.

So, if you have problems on anything I suggest you skim though the tutorial first. If you still have problems after following the tutorial, then I'll try to help, but I seriously couldn't imagine that happening.

The Tutorial can be found on my site (click the www button) and go to the downloads section, under MVP Baseball 2005 Mods.

Weeeee, now I even made my own and it works!!!

mauerscreen2pn.th.jpg

YOU ARE THE MAN, DIGITAL!!!

I knew ya could do it...see what happens when u don't cheat? :p lol

OK, unless someone has any problems with any of the screens in the CTS II pack, I'm most likely only going to be doing one more mod.

I'm already in the middle a pretty involved mod with the game Half-Life 2, And I should really return to working on it before the people over at HL2world.com ask for my head on a platter..lol

The last mod I'm doing...and am nearly done with, is the background images in the main menu area..(More Manny...yay.) This of course I'm replacing with players from the Cubs.

I do plan on (eventually) releasing a tutorial that covers this, but I will give you the names of the big and fsh files where these images are, and a couple of tips. You should be able to do your own with a combination of this, and my CTS tutorial as a guide...

Even afterwards I will continue to show up here to download some mods myself (especially the new wrigley field stadiums when they're done), to check my pms, and also keep my eye out for more quality stdiums and 2x uniforms. ..and will probably use those to release a 2x Cubs Alternate Road Uniform...if nobody else does in the meantime..

As for those of you that have requested more CTS packs, I advise you to be friendly with the rest of the people in here, and they might make you one. Otherwise...as long as you have a computer, and a copy of the game...there should be no reason why you can't do it yourself..:p lol

Ok, I technically could probably make another topic for this...but why? lol

Ok, my "Cubs Fan Pack" is up for download on my site, so those of you who are Cubs fans...go and get it...;)

now, for all of you who want to make your own versions....here's some tips

the entire thing consists of (6) images in 5 fsh files...two of them are in the feonly.big in the mainart.fsh file labled as....

bask - the first image you see after you "click to start"

crvb - the "blur" image that goes along with 03be

these are probably going to be the trickiest, especially if you do it exactly how EA did.

the bask image measures 512x256...this means that the image you need by the time you get ready to do your final resizing has to be 683x256...

the crvb image measures 128x128 and is anchored in the upper right corner to alighn with 03be. this image is fairly blurry..and has a "faded" transparency at the area before the barel of Manny's bat in the original.

this basically causes the cool transition where Manny seems to come into focus.

achieving this effect is pretty complicated, so in the mean time I suggest you just replace cvrb with a completely transparent image.

the other four are in our good friend bkgnds.big, as the following

03be - The image where Manny has his bat towards the camera..

03bf - The image where Manny is standing off to the side

03bg - The image where Manny is in his batting stance with pine tar on his helmet

03bh - The image where Manny is drenched in champagne holding his finger up in the #1 sign

replacing the 4 in the bkgnds.big file is done just the same as in the CTS tutorial..with the exception that there is a 32px high, black "bar" at the bottom of the images..add this however you like...otherwise your image will show below the bottom bar in the menu.

before you start importing images, remember to retreive the "metal bin" attachment, as well as the "name" attachment from the originals!...remember you can name the "name" file whatever you want...so you can have namebe, namebh....etc..

If you're feeling adventurous, and want to know how to get the cool focus effect like in the original, let me know..and I'll try to explain it ..

but keep in mind, this requires some heavy photoshop work...you need to know things like using the alpha channel, masking, and blurring I can guide you on what you need to do...but I'm not going to start teaching Photoshop 101..:p

Hope this helps :)..I'm goin to bed..lol

P.S. I'd show some screens of mine...but I really think a vid would be the best...maybe I'll do that sometime soon..

Archived