New "Click To Start" background

Digital_Utopia

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How exactly do I do this?

Directions: import the corresponding 58bd.fsh file into bkgnds.big in your data/frontend folder using either EAGE or BigGUI

What is EAGE and BigGUI?

I'm sorry....future releases will have a better install..

EAGE is EA Graphics Editor by TASsoft and BigGui is a program by fifatology. both allow you to import and export .fsh files, and both are free...

you can download BigGui here

first unzip the contents of the zip file and put them somewhere you'll remember.

in order to install using BigGui, open up the program, and then go to File->Open, and find bkgnds.big in your /MVP Baseball 2005/data/frontend/ folder

then go to edit -> import , and find the 58bd.fsh file that corresponds to the screen you want to install, and hit "open"

It will then ask you if you want to replace the one that's already there...so click yes, and let it import the .fsh file.

when it tells you that it's finished, close the program..and you should be good to go ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to see some nice STADIUM ones. Like a panorama over Camden Yards... O yeah, that'd be SWEET!

not a bad idea....I'll see what I can find.. lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, kinda off the CTS topic a bit, but I just uploaded the Cubs Alternate Road Uniform add-on...and should be available for download as soon as they accept it.

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, its basically the same thing as with Alternate Home uniform, except for instead of wearing the blue jersey instead of the pinstripes...they're wearing the blue jersey instead of the grey road jersey

This uniform will fill the "d" slot, and doesn't replace anything. in the uniform selection screen it will be the fourth uniform, and it won't have a title.

Just something for those of you who want to keep everything realistic..;)

Well...I got alot of stuff coming up in the download section soon...for cubs fans as well as everybody else..;)

First off, the answers to your guys' requests for right now..;)

Eric Gagne

gagne0xp.th.jpg

Ken Griffey Jr.

griffey4oh.th.jpg

Derek Jeter 1

jeter11yl.th.jpg

Derek Jeter 2

jeter27gf.th.jpg

Derek Jeter 3

jeter38wh.th.jpg

Roy Oswalt 1

oswalt16fa.th.jpg

Roy Oswalt 2

oswalt26yn.th.jpg

CC Sabathia

sabitha8bm.th.jpg

and last but not least....

Mark Teixeira

teixeiria4bv.th.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for all you cubs fans out there....got some new ones for ya ;)

Nomar Garciaparra 1 (beter rescale this time)

nomar16ed.th.jpg

Nomar Garciaparra 2

nomar22gv.th.jpg

Kerry Wood 1

wood14er.th.jpg

Kerry Wood 2

wood26as.th.jpg

Mark Prior

prior13tt.th.jpg

Greg Maddux

maddux13lw.th.jpg

Carlos Zambrano

zambrano13vv.th.jpg

and...well...this pic is too priceless to pass up...even if the quality ain't the best...lol

wtf8tx.th.jpg

Expect them to be up for download shortly..;)

actually its a shame that I couldn't keep more of the first Jeter image...you yankee fans would've loved it....he was jumping over Dammon in the original pic after tagging him out in the middle of a double play..lol

unfortuantely the image was taller than it was wide...so it was either cut out Dammon or chop Jeters head off...( which I'm sure the BoSox fans wouldn't have minded..lol :p)

I think I'll do a quick tutorial right here...

1. first step, make sure you have all the right tools.

EAGE (EA Graphics Editor)

BigGui

eazip

photoshop (or another graphics application)

2. Next, find your image. the actual fsh file image in the game is 512x512, however...because it stretches the image, the actual size of the image when it is stretched out is 512x683. so keep this in mind when looking for pictures.

One site I'd like to reccomend is http://photostore.mlb.com at first glance these images might look a little small, but have no fear...these things are at an amazing 300ppi (pixels per inch) instead of your standard 72ppi. In other words, these pics could make excelent wallpaper for even a 2048x1024 screen resolution!

3.ok...so you have your image inside your favorite graphics program...the first thing you need to do is make sure you resize it (constrain proportions) so the width is 683px, and the height is at least 512px. this sets up your image so at least one dimension is at the final size.

4. next, change the canvas size or otherwise crop the image down to the proper size of 683px by 512px...and finally, resize your image by turning constrain proportions off. and changing just the width to 512px

5. now, if everything went well, you should have a 512 x 512 image that appears a little "squished"...if you're at that point...you're doing good ;)

6. you have the option, if you want to be uber detailed by adding in the "mvp baseball 2004" text at the bottom like in mine....this is obviously optional, and I am willing to share the template I made for photoshop with everybody as soon as I can find a place to host it. otherwise, the black background is set at 70% opacity, and the text is just copied from the original with a drop shadow that points straight down.

7. after this you are done with photoshop, save your image as a bmp or tga, and open up BigGui

8. when you have BigGui opened up, the first thing you want to do is to load up the bkgnds.big file located in the data/frontend folder. after that loads up, find the entry for 58bd.fsh, select it, and then go up to the edit menu and select "Export".

pick the folder where you want it exported and click OK. remember where you put it, you're going to need this file very shortly!

9. once you've exported the .fsh file, now you need to open that file up in EAGE. once you load it up, click on the text that says "58bd" in the left had column, and you should see your current CTS screen.

10. go up to the Tools Menu, and click "Import Wizard". A new window will show up giving you three options to import, although it should already be selected by default, you want to make sure the dot is next to the first option (Import an existing external file into the current open image.) and click Next.

now in this new window you see before you, there's a browse button on the right hand side. click it, and go find where you put your new image you set up/made in photoshop. Hit ok, and then click Next again

11. the next thing you should see is something telling you that everything went ok...if that's the case, then you're done with EAGE.

12. now its time to compress your .fsh file...I suggest you move eazip into the same folder that your .fsh file is, just so you don't have to mess around iwith the command prompt for as long. once you do this, open up your command prompt (in the start menu, or click run and then type cmd and hit enter) and in the command prompt window, go to the folder where eazip and your fsh file is.

13 type this at the command prompt

eazip -c 58bd.fsh

if you did it right you should see a message saying "compressing 58bd.fsh........" if not, make sure you're in the correct folder from inside the command prompt window.

14. almost done....just go back to biggui, and go to the Edit menu and select "Import".....find your fsh file, and click "open" You'll get a message asking if you want to over right the file, and you want to click yes. after that, you should see the status message on the bottom say that it's imported 1 of 1 files.

15. now make sure you go to file -> close, or close out of big gui completely before starting your game...oitherwise the game will crash when it gets to the load screen...even if you did do everything right..lol

if it works, it will be obvious...if it doesn't...come back here and we'll see if I can't help ya out some more ;)

I just downloaded the CTS pack 2 and when I opened it up, I noticed that it is the same file as CTS pack 1 (Pujols, Griffey, Texiera, Edmonds). It's the same size, has the same contents, etc. You either uploaded the wrong file, or MVPMods has a pointer incorrect on the downloads screen.

I want to appologize for that, I kinda uploaded the wrong file :oops:

I fixed it earlier today by modifying it, and whenever they fix it it should be labled with a *fixed* after it...again, I appologize for the inconvienience.. :(

I've also made some progress on my Cubs "theme" that will replace the main menu screens of Manny...I only have 2 out of 6 images left to do...

the toughest part of this is finding images that are not only good quality, but also at least similar to the original "poses"

Also, this thing with mod controled uploads, and no post attachments is really slowing things down...I don't want to have to either wait for them to post the download, or have to wait to have enough screens to issue a pack..and I definately don't like having to wait to fix something. lol

I'm going to be looking for some reliable medium to high bandwith hosting , hopefully for free so I can just paste links in the topic...

again, sorry for any inconvienience this may have caused..

Ummm... I just tried to make one, but it crashed on loading.

there are two common reasons why it will do this...

1) you didn't compress the .fsh file using eazip before importing it into BigGui

2) you didn't close the file in/exit BigGui before you started your game

either of thes will make the game crash as soon as it goes to load the cts screen. (after the screen that tells ya how current your roster is...with Ichiro)

Archived