MLB 2K12 Audio Reassignment for Players Tutorial

Bostonnico

Hi all! This is a brief tutorial to teach you how to assign audio IDs (that already exist in the game) to a player with a similar, but different, name. This method will allow the PA announcer and commentators to say the players name (or whichever audio file you assign to that name) in the game when there would otherwise be silence. This method is applicable to both first and last name audio files.

I want to thank and also give credit to @jvavrik97   for helping me with the translation of this Tutorial. Thanks bro

This is essentially how it works: let’s say there is a new player you have created, but their name does not exist in the game’s databanks. The player is introduced in a game but their name is never said and they are only referred to by their jersey number. What we are doing is telling the game to use an existing audio file with whatever new name we choose. Using the modding tool REDitor II we can see the list of existing audio IDs that we can borrow. There are 2 separate tabs called “First Names” and “Last Names” which contain all the available audio files for a players first and last name.

For this tutorial I am going to use the example of two players with similar last names, one which exists in the game, and one that does not: Kingrey and Kingery

Brian Kingrey (is FA) has his two original in-game audio IDs (first name and last name)

Scott Kingery (OF Philadelphia Phillies) has only the audio ID for his first name and has no audio ID for his last name (so the PA announcer and the commentator do not mention it during the game)

Because the last names of both players are pronounced very similarly, I am going to use Kingrey audio ID and assign it to Kingery. This way we will make the PA announcer and the commentator mention Kingery as if he were Kingrey. I will now walk you through this process step by step:

Please Download the PDF file, where is the complete step-by-step tutorial with included screenshots, so that you understand better

MLB 2K12 Audio Reassignment Tutorial.pdf

Great work! This is a really awesome quality of life upgrade for the game as many new names join but with slightly different spellings (There are a dozen or so different spellings of the name Michael). Glad to be a part of this tutorial in some way!  

54 minutes ago, jvavrik97 said:

Great work! This is a really awesome quality of life upgrade for the game as many new names join but with slightly different spellings (There are a dozen or so different spellings of the name Michael). Glad to be a part of this tutorial in some way!  

That's right bro, in my franchise with the Boston Red Sox, I have managed to assign audio to almost all the full titular lineup, mostly they have been surnames to which I assign audios with similar pronunciation

Michael Chavis

Andrew Benintendi 

Xander Bogaerts

Rafael Devers 

Jackie Bradley Jr

On 1/30/2021 at 12:29 PM, tinpanalley said:

I want to say thanks for this. I've been wondering about this for years. What I'd really like to do with this knowledge is attempt to create names the game doesn't have by editing together audio files of names then replacing them into the game.

Thank you for your comment friend, but due to tool limitations for MOD in MLB2K, we can not edit or create new audio IDs for names and surnames.

At the moment we can only use audio ID that are already made within the game and assign it to a player whose name or surname, is pronounced similarly but are written differently

• 5 months later...

hello friend I have a question
I understood all the part of cloning the audio id, but how do you make the narrators take that audio id, in your case with kingery? how do you assign that audio id to kingery?, I have searched all over the reditor and I can't find anything.

6 hours ago, Jose Carlos said:

hello friend I have a question
I understood all the part of cloning the audio id, but how do you make the narrators take that audio id, in your case with kingery? how do you assign that audio id to kingery?, I have searched all over the reditor and I can't find anything.

All this is well explained in the pdf tutorial, which is in the first post of this thread, you can download the file and follow the tutorial step by step.

10 hours ago, Bostonnico said:

All this is well explained in the pdf tutorial, which is in the first post of this thread, you can download the file and follow the tutorial step by step.

I'm sorry after a while in the reditor I understood that what is needed is that the game recognizes the player's name or surname, and the game takes care of assigning the audio. thanks, great tutorial.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2021 at 11:10 AM, Bostonnico said:

That's right bro, in my franchise with the Boston Red Sox, I have managed to assign audio to almost all the full titular lineup, mostly they have been surnames to which I assign audios with similar pronunciation

Michael Chavis

Andrew Benintendi 

Xander Bogaerts

Rafael Devers 

Jackie Bradley Jr

why did you substitute those boston players

On 7/18/2021 at 5:31 PM, Karelaf said:

A list with the audios available to the players would be ideal since there are many and it is not known which one will coincide with the missing audios, thanks in advance.

You yourself can copy the columns of first name and last name to Excel and then make filters to facilitate the search for the name or surname of any player you want, once the change is made, you can copy from Excel to Reditor and save the changes in your rosters

Archived