Official Elia's 2022 MLB Complete Roster Daily Update Thread

eliamvpmod

The base roster has been complete

The ratings will be a base, all ratings have been adjusted to an "average", so roughly all pitchers are the same, or have same ratings from decent to good.

Hitters, all are almost identically the same hovering around the 80-82 rating. This also based on an average that I saw with the editor.

From this point on, anybody can adjust ratings to what they like for each team. Having it this way makes it way simpler to adjust ratings.

I will eventually get to adjusting ratings as to what i think certain players should be. For example , Shohei being a better pitcher on his team than the 2nd guy in line.

Honestly, having a ratings system like this beats the old school way to make rosters, since the write overs might have a 1st baseman rated at 95 (being that it was pujols before)

Now they are pretty much even. Even though worse players are not in line with good ones.

I will skip ahead to portraits so people can download the roster and have better immersion until everything else gets updated. Portraits is easier to do. 

Although if someone can give me a dds file with a portrait picture of a blank face player?

All teams have been completed with location, heights weights and numbers

Many roster fixes.

A couple of trades.

Next up will be portraits

below is the files i use for portraits that havent been made yet or found, and the greyish one is for the player spot thats available for editing in a player.

0820.dds 0285.dds

I just released version 1.2 Portraits file in the DOWNLOADS section sub category PORTRAITS

This ONLY includes ALEJANDRO C's Portraits from the 2021 Season.

Version 1.3 and 1.4 will have new portraits for respected teams to complete the portraits.

It may be easier to just post the portrait.iff and portrait.cdf files after you have completed all the portraits. Not everybody will know how to use the total installer thingy, or may get error messages. Also if were my project, I would try to include as many portraits as I can. Each team has portraits/headshots including players on the 40-man roster, random FA signings, and spring training invites. Other players often post their latest portrait/headshot on their social media accounts. I've been going through the current rosters for every minor league team as well as a site called picuki.com which gathers virtually every instagram account that is open to the public. By doing this, I usually will end up with the portrait/headshot for over 100 players, sometimes way more. 

Here's an example for the Angels:

PORTRAITS.rar

10 hours ago, scottybilly said:

You can assign any cyberface to any player you want with the roster editor as long as it falls in the range of #1-9999. You can easily change the skin tone number to more closely match the player's face with the roster editor.

Nice! I always think that two cyberfaces assigned to a same ID can cauase the game to crash.

Also I dont want to change an id and screw another player up down the line. Maybe their are a set number of id's that are unused in the 1-9999? or ones that nobody really cares about in terms of the roster. Like legend players. Where I can use a modded cyber face and assign it to a current roster player.

kccitystar posted a roster spreadsheet for the roster project he had previously been working on. He assigned new cyberface IDs and portrait IDs for current players and managers . It is a great base to use for anyones rosters.  I would seek him out for more help. 

Are uniform updates broken with this roster or am I missing something?

Every roster update I have downloaded keeps my modded or updated uniforms intact...this roster made the unis back to stock with the miscolored numbers and fonts. If you need an example I played Mets vs Yankees and Yankees road jersey numbers were white intead of navy as in the original game. 

Tried using roster editor thinking I can export the uni file from any of the 2 rosters I previously used and I get some type of error when trying to import. Is there a quick fix without redownloading the various uni files?

Thanks in advance for any help.

6 hours ago, gretschric said:

Are uniform updates broken with this roster or am I missing something?

Every roster update I have downloaded keeps my modded or updated uniforms intact...this roster made the unis back to stock with the miscolored numbers and fonts. If you need an example I played Mets vs Yankees and Yankees road jersey numbers were white intead of navy as in the original game. 

Tried using roster editor thinking I can export the uni file from any of the 2 rosters I previously used and I get some type of error when trying to import. Is there a quick fix without redownloading the various uni files?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have never done anything with that. Ill look into it though. You are saying that the numbers on the jersey are wrong colors?

Roster update version 1.3 has been added .

Name fixes, position fixes, trades, player additions 

A complete portrait update is also available in the downloads. 

98% of the portraits for the teams. 

ALL MLB teams are now completed with heights and weights. Over 350 cyber faces have been integrated along with 20 generic cyber faces that somewhat match with players who have no cyber faces.

The remaining work to be done is the skin tone fixes, rating values, and specific pitches that pitchers use. 

Transactions will be updates as they happen. Although I havent had time to look up transactions lately.

vlcsnap-2022-04-07-09h15m50s096.png

vlcsnap-2022-04-07-09h16m17s138.png

vlcsnap-2022-04-07-09h16m44s920.png

vlcsnap-2022-04-07-09h17m00s658.png

vlcsnap-2022-04-07-09h17m38s312.png

vlcsnap-2022-04-07-09h18m09s905.png

I am finally finished with my MLB 2k22 Roster, portrait, and cyber face MOD!

Full portraits, accurate heights weights locations, and skin tone has been matched. 

Over 350 cyberfaces, manager cyber faces, and also generic cyber faces to somewhat match other players.

The only thing that has not been update is ratings. But this is a base roster so anyone who wants to edit ratings , is fully able to

Archived