I Got MVP Baseball 2005 from my cousin's sister

TR71777

I got a copy of the game yesterday from my cousins sister sadly I found out he passed away due to a car accident and I didn't know about it but that is a different matter .

I did got permission from his sister so she sent me his mini drive through the mail I got the game started and all but ran into issues.

1. I have a Xbox one controller and for some reason everything is out of whack need some help with that issue 

2. I tried to use the MVPedit but its not reading the files and for some odd reason the files is the documents look like valve exe's is there a way to fix this?

3. how do I get the the game to 1080p my pc runs on 1920 x1080 is there a way to fix this as well?

4. I guess the editor isn't reading or seeing my files I looked into the game itself all the .dat files are there its just not showing up at all I don't know what I am doing I guess

Screenshot (299).png

Screenshot (300).png

Screenshot (301).png

Screenshot (302).png

I'll ignore that he had a pirated copy (not relevant to the discussion), but I can address the other items here:

Given that this is your first time playing MVP Baseball 2005 on PC, I'll take the time to set some expectations here because it is 2022 and there's some things I'd want you and others to be mindful of, and at some point I or someone can volunteer to make a general purpose thread about this when there's time though because we have a steady stream of newcomers every year and we need to refresh some key topics that have been talked about consistently every year, so here we go:

So, the PC gaming landscape in 2005 is a little different, because PC versions of games like these were not designed with a controller in mind, so getting through the menus will require an outside program, or you can use a mouse and keyboard to get to where you need to go.

1) For gamepads, I will say that these days the XBOX gamepad is kind of the standard, but an XBOX controller uses a completely different type of input (if you're tech savvy, xinput is the modern standard, but dinput was what was used back then) compared to gamepads of that time, so you will need to make adjustments to outside of the game so that playing the game with a controller can works.

This is where you would need to make changes to the controller.cfg file that the game reads (it's the file where the other .SAV files are located in your screenshot). There is a thread that goes over how to edit that controller.cfg with different values, so that your XBOX controller works like an XBOX controller in the Support forums for MVP. The last post should usually give you a general idea of what people are working with these days.

2) It looks like your .sav files are set to open with something I'm not familiar with. This can be ignored because you don't open .SAV files for this game anyway with MVPEdit.

3) The game can run at 1920x1080, but because of the limitations of the time, was never designed with widescreen in mind, so it will just be a stretched view.

4) The folder that MVPEdit reads from is "database" which would be in your MVP Baseball 2005 directory. I'm not too knowledgeable on MVPEdit but how the rosters are set up these days require a lot of dependencies. I'm not in a position to really guide you in that regard, and I'm not sure if some members in the community who *would*  know are still active.

2 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

I'll ignore that he had a pirated copy (not relevant to the discussion), but I can address the other items here:

Given that this is your first time playing MVP Baseball 2005 on PC, I'll take the time to set some expectations here because it is 2022 and there's some things I'd want you and others to be mindful of, and at some point I or someone can volunteer to make a general purpose thread about this when there's time though because we have a steady stream of newcomers every year and we need to refresh some key topics that have been talked about consistently every year, so here we go:

So, the PC gaming landscape in 2005 is a little different, because PC versions of games like these were not designed with a controller in mind, so getting through the menus will require an outside program, or you can use a mouse and keyboard to get to where you need to go.

1) For gamepads, I will say that these days the XBOX gamepad is kind of the standard, but an XBOX controller uses a completely different type of input (if you're tech savvy, xinput is the modern standard, but dinput was what was used back then) compared to gamepads of that time, so you will need to make adjustments to outside of the game so that playing the game with a controller can works.

This is where you would need to make changes to the controller.cfg file that the game reads (it's the file where the other .SAV files are located in your screenshot). There is a thread that goes over how to edit that controller.cfg with different values, so that your XBOX controller works like an XBOX controller in the Support forums for MVP. The last post should usually give you a general idea of what people are working with these days.

2) It looks like your .sav files are set to open with something I'm not familiar with. This can be ignored because you don't open .SAV files for this game anyway with MVPEdit.

3) The game can run at 1920x1080, but because of the limitations of the time, was never designed with widescreen in mind, so it will just be a stretched view.

4) The folder that MVPEdit reads from is "database" which would be in your MVP Baseball 2005 directory. I'm not too knowledgeable on MVPEdit but how the rosters are set up these days require a lot of dependencies. I'm not in a position to really guide you in that regard, and I'm not sure if some members in the community who *would*  know are still active.

ahh ok make sense as far as the other situation I didn't know what type of copy he had cause I haven't talked to him in over what like 6 yrs but learning from his sister about his death was shocking to me but I understand and I am sorry that I didn't know about the copy all I got was what was on his mini drive

the .sav's? I don't know why some of the files are the way they are im not that tech smart.

as for the roster totally understandable im just confused on all this.

3 hours ago, TR71777 said:

ahh ok make sense as far as the other situation I didn't know what type of copy he had cause I haven't talked to him in over what like 6 yrs but learning from his sister about his death was shocking to me but I understand and I am sorry that I didn't know about the copy all I got was what was on his mini drive

the .sav's? I don't know why some of the files are the way they are im not that tech smart.

as for the roster totally understandable im just confused on all this.

That's fine. Most of the current roster work on the site for MVP these days need a ton of dependencies (like faces, audio, etc.) so hopefully someone else can chime in on this and help out

39 minutes ago, Kccitystar said:

That's fine. Most of the current roster work on the site for MVP these days need a ton of dependencies (like faces, audio, etc.) so hopefully someone else can chime in on this and help out

Thanks so much for understanding the situation you guys are so awesome as I see how everyone helps each other out quick question how do I change the .sav files back to normal looking .save files cause they have the left for dead logo on them?

Screenshot (303).png

The .sav files are rosters created by the in-game editor.  Your cousin must have edited rosters with the in-game editor at some point.  Those rosters can be imported in the game from the game’s Settings menu. If you want to use them, you have to import them every time you start the game. The .sav files cannot be edited by MVPEdit. 

To edit rosters with MVPEdit, you first import the .dat files from the data\database folder using the File-> Import dat files option from the MVPEdit menu bar. The editor then creates a .mbe file, which now contains all of the .dat files. Whenever you make a change in MVPEdit, the .mbe file is automatically updated.  That’s why I always make a backup of my .mbe file before making changes. 

When you want to export your updated roster to use in the game, you select File->Export dat files and select the data\database folder as the folder to export the .dat files. 

16 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

The .sav files are rosters created by the in-game editor.  Your cousin must have edited rosters with the in-game editor at some point.  Those rosters can be imported in the game from the game’s Settings menu. If you want to use them, you have to import them every time you start the game. The .sav files cannot be edited by MVPEdit. 

To edit rosters with MVPEdit, you first import the .dat files from the data\database folder using the File-> Import dat files option from the MVPEdit menu bar. The editor then creates a .mbe file, which now contains all of the .dat files. Whenever you make a change in MVPEdit, the .mbe file is automatically updated.  That’s why I always make a backup of my .mbe file before making changes. 

When you want to export your updated roster to use in the game, you select File->Export dat files and select the data\database folder as the folder to export the .dat files. 

ok I see but when I try to do what you said the files are all blank and it won't let me convert them cause they are not showing up in the MVPedit but they are there in the game files? 1699148505_Screenshot(300).thumb.png.65fc061a0d9db51a3d0faf40bf8a982d.png

Screenshot (302).png

Screenshot (301).png

You need to have MVPEdit import the .dat files from the database folder within Data, like in this screenshot:

PUEqPaD.png

MVPEdit should prompt you to save an MBE file after you import the DAT files:

hTOHAyJ.png

Once you do this it should load up the full roster in the editor.

3 minutes ago, Kccitystar said:

You need to have MVPEdit import the .dat files from the database folder within Data, like in this screenshot:

PUEqPaD.png

hTOHAyJ.png

I tried to go to the data/database but it took me to desktop? do i need to reinstall the mvpedit into the game file itself?

6 minutes ago, Kccitystar said:

PUEqPaD.png

hTOHAyJ.png

this is what it is doing on my end?

Screenshot (304).png

1 hour ago, Kccitystar said:

Could be something related to MVPEdit.

Just be mindful that a ton of the tools and things for this game date back 15 years, so some things just might not work on Windows 10 even though the game should be able to run just fine.

understandable and kinda figured that may be the case question is there a mod that gives you unlimited money in dynasty mode?

37 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

@TR71777 Kind of off topic here but did you get a chance to look at the mods for Mvp '05? You will be busy for weeks trying to sort through them all. Also, who is that in your avatar? Thank you.

ya I am just learning how many mods there are in here lol as for the avatar she is a former cowboys cheerleader/model now a CEO of some company for the Dallas Cowboys she had to stop being a cheerleader due to a degenerative spinal condition of her lower back and another condition that also connected with the brain I don't know what its called but it forced her into retirement from cheerleading.

2 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

There is! It's called Artmoney. I've never used it since I never played a dynasty.

will it work for dynasty mode cause I did some reading on it that it was for owner mode but I hope it works with dynasty mode cause that salary cap/money limitations really annoying if you ask me and turning it off in the options doesn't really make it unlimited

9 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

Oh ok, thank you. I feel bad for this girl even though I have never heard of her.

I see from your wallpaper you are a Cowboys fan. That's ok. I'm an Oakland fan.

been a long time cowboys fan since 1978 lol thank to my late grandfather.

My mother side of the family are Packer fans my father side are Raiders,49ers,Chargers fans so ya as you can see I am surrounded lol

Archived