Adding/Subtracting Uniform Slots with uniedit?

Infernoqueso

Hello all, 

This forum looks pretty dormant, but I have been modding my way through MVP 2005, and trying to modify the unislots/team select screen jersey previews.  From what I can gather I need uniedit to be able to modify this side of the uniforms.  All the links seem to be dead on the forum for this tool, and online searches yield nothing.  Would anyone either have this tool, or some instructions.  Sorry if this was answered in one of the previous posts.  

Basically, just looking for tips/programs to add/delete uniform slots and adjust the jersey previews on team select screen.  

1 hour ago, Yankee4Life said:

What is uniedit?

Honestly not entirely sure, when browsing the tutorials for uniforms "fuzzone's uniedit" was mentioned.  If there was a different method for adding enabling more uniform slots and modifying the select screen jerseys somewhere I must've missed it.   I think is this tool listed in the tutorial, but the download link is dead -> 

7 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

If you are running Windows XP then you can use this but anything after that this program will not run. It is a very old utility.

Alright thanks, is there any other method to mess with the uniform slots and preview images?  I'm running the MVP 2023 mod from MVP Caribe on Windows 10.  I have been able to edit everything in the models.big, but my game crashes if I touch anything in the uniforms.big. 

The uniforms.big file is very temperamental. It seems that 022.fsh is something you can add to, but if you subtract from it, every other team gets affected. So like, in uniforms.big, you can export something like 014a.fsh and rename it 014m.fsh and then reimport it. Just remember that if it isn't automatically compresesd back down, you'll need to re-compress it.

Then you just add the uniforms that you want to the 014.fsh file and then open the index file in notepad. First thing to do in notepad is to change the expected number of files from 6 to 7 or whatever it might be.

Then you'll have to find one of the files, which starts with 014a or something like that. Just highlight all of that down to the next one. Then change 014a to 014m at the top of the file and at the bottom of the file. Then just run the index file in Windows to re-zip everything back up, and you're good to go.

22 minutes ago, BallFour said:

The uniforms.big file is very temperamental. It seems that 022.fsh is something you can add to, but if you subtract from it, every other team gets affected. So like, in uniforms.big, you can export something like 014a.fsh and rename it 014m.fsh and then reimport it. Just remember that if it isn't automatically compresesd back down, you'll need to re-compress it.

Then you just add the uniforms that you want to the 014.fsh file and then open the index file in notepad. First thing to do in notepad is to change the expected number of files from 6 to 7 or whatever it might be.

Then you'll have to find one of the files, which starts with 014a or something like that. Just highlight all of that down to the next one. Then change 014a to 014m at the top of the file and at the bottom of the file. Then just run the index file in Windows to re-zip everything back up, and you're good to go.

Gotcha, I checked the notepad and the expected number of files in my fsh is 15, which from what I understand is the maximum.  In my uniforms,big there are 15 preview/uniform slots, and 9 in my models.big.  However, upon game load there is only 7 uniforms to choose from.  

Just in case anyone stumbles upon the thread in the future, my work around was taking the uniforms.big file from like the MVP 2013 mod to paste into my data->frontend folder to replace my 2023 one.  This opened up my uniform slots to the maximum amount.  Then I pasted my 0xx.fsh file that contains the my custom uniform previews, into the uniforms.big file using Biggui.  The key is which I assume the mistake that was shutting down my game was, DO NOT REBUILD THE FILE.  Simply pasting in my 0xx.fsh files and then making sure they were compressed without rebuilding loaded everything up into the game.  TiT from the threads I've read is probably better, but was not working on my Windows 10.  

Edited by Infernoqueso