TOTALMINORS VERSION 3 RELEASED!!!

GForce22

GeForce, great work. I'm pretty happy with your ratings adjustments to the MLB players, as many of them were necessary.

I also appreciate the added effort in updating cosmetic details like stances, body types, etc. It really adds to the beauty of the game in the end.

I hope you can get as much enjoyment out of the game yourself as you've provided for the rest of us with this insanely deep and detailed roster set, because I, like many others have waited patiently for it and am very grateful.

Please keep in mind that we all hope you take on this very dedicated task again in the future, whether it be next year or not, because we would all be at a loss if you didn't. Thank You!

Well said. Beyond all of the requests, questions and constructive criticism that everyone here has had, I think it's a safe assumtion to make that we ALL enjoy and appreciate your work and all of the time and effort you've put into creating and perfecting these rosters... Thank you.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Free Agent relief pitchers also need their stamina reduced.

Geforce (or anyone else), is there a quick global edit that can be done to bring the minor league relief pitcher stamina ratings in line with those of the majors (ideally that I could do myself to get my career started finally), or is it something that needs to be editted for each individually?

BTW, good job on the rosters.

Guys, the V2 of my player progression mod is in the 'Miscellaneous' Files section under the name 'Player Progression Mod V2 May 15.' Sorry, I hadn't even seen this until now.

GeForce is a Hall of Famer and I'm sure he'll get the contract thing sorted out quickly.

As I said earlier, I deleted all of the " from Geforce's file using MS Word (which allows one to replace a character with nothing, rather than Wordpad, which only allows replacement of a character or space with another character or space), and it is working fine for me.

As I said earlier, I deleted all of the " from Geforce's file using MS Word (which allows one to replace a character with nothing, rather than Wordpad, which only allows replacement of a character or space with another character or space), and it is working fine for me.

can you upload that file?

Hi all,

I'm back from vacation. I will be trying to piece together a few changes for one final version, probably to be released in a week or so. I've already addressed relief stamina and star ratings for younger major leaguers no longer considered "prospects" (a guy like Victor Martinez for example). I'll be touching up a few things here and there and that will be it.

As for the files others have released based off TotalMinors, I told guys they were welcome to but I have had NO added input into those files since my version was done. Any differences are their own and not anything I suggested or did. So if their non-DL roster is wrong, for example, that's something that needs to be taken up with those people.

GH

GForce,

let em be the first to say, welcome back. I cannot wait for final release, which hopefully will be around the same time I FINALLY get these portraits finished. Ambition is the mother of all time killers eh? But thanks for the work.

Cheers, LeVeRRe

ok, I've adjusted staminas, young major leaguer star ratings, adjusted ratings a bit for better realism (including baserunning/steal agg ratings to make simmed steal attempts a bit more in line with real life) and done a few individual player touch-ups. Will probably hold onto it for a few more days just to see if anything else jumps out at me, but the final version is probably coming out Monday or Tuesday (I may need an extra day or two for the non-DL version).

GH

Hope you had a good vacation. Glad to have you back. Looking forward to your "final" final version since it will address a couple of the concerns I have. I'm dubious to touch the other roster sets because they "tweak" out some ratings that don't look "right". Well, if you don't use the rosters before deciding that you'll never know the method to the madness with the #'s. Let's just say I trust your effort and it seems to play out pretty realistically.

Looking forward to trying the rosters out.

Later,

Nick

GForce.....

Let me say welcome back from your holidays....hope you had a great time. Just wondering if you're going to take a run at the progress.big file again. I think your rosters are the best in the land and I was hoping you were going to tweak the progression so it lasts long into a dynasty. What I was thinking is making 1 star RP have a lower max stamina and a lower min stamina. And working up progressively till you get to the 5 star RP who has a stamina high enough to potentially become a starter. Most good relievers want to be starters anyway. Only a few.....Gagne, Smoltz, etc are starters turned relievers. Anyway......just a thought :) . Again welcome back, and I can't wait for your final version. Thanks for all of your effort.

GForce.....

Let me say welcome back from your holidays....hope you had a great time. Just wondering if you're going to take a run at the progress.big file again. I think your rosters are the best in the land and I was hoping you were going to tweak the progression so it lasts long into a dynasty. What I was thinking is making 1 star RP have a lower max stamina and a lower min stamina. And working up progressively till you get to the 5 star RP who has a stamina high enough to potentially become a starter. Most good relievers want to be starters anyway. Only a few.....Gagne, Smoltz, etc are starters turned relievers. Anyway......just a thought :) . Again welcome back, and I can't wait for your final version. Thanks for all of your effort.

Thanks. I've taken care of the progress.big problem, and am now looking at the file for other changes that may work better with the latest changes I've made to the roster (the relief stamina figures being among them). The revised file may not come out with the rosters, but it shouldn't be too far behind it.

GH

VERSION 4 REVISIONS (to be released later this week):

__ Minor league reliever staminas have been adjusted downward too to better reflect the number of pitches they would throw. I did this with the major leaguers in v3, but the problem was since I didn't do it across the board in the minors as well, minor league relievers were essentially getting a ratings bonus for having better stamina. Unfortunately, in sims, the PC STILL uses its bullpen horribly. Regrettably, that's a game engine issue I really can't

address.

__ Young major leaguers have had their star ratings redone. Guys like Victor Martinez, who are great players of the future but not still holding "prospect" status were given no stars by EA, meaning their development curve will essentially crash, ruining their careers. That won't happen anymore.

__ Free agent pitcher staminas were also adjusted (they got caught up in the MVPEdit glitch where a global AA edit also grabs the FAs).

__ Steal aggressiveness ratings were tweaked to bring total team SBs up to real life. It had been the main base stealers would steal but nobody else would ever try. That's been adjusted a bit.

__ Baserunning ratings were also adjusted, as it seemed runners were making too many mistakes.

This also affects runner aggression, which seems more realistic to me now. It's a subtle change, but it helps, IMO.

__ A series of ratings adjustments for many players. Small things usually, but guys I saw who were a bit over/underrated got touch-ups.

__ I raised the floors on movement for major leaguers, which cuts down on quick minor league callups and also cuts down on pitchers with astronomical ERAs. My fear with pitchers always lies with overrating the top and underrating the bad. Upon review, I think I was still guilty of this to a degree, so I tried to adjust it.

__ I raised the floor on plate patience also because some guys were just getting killed by poor patience ratings. In sims, I've concluded the plate patience rating is a HUGE impact, not just on walks, but on average as a whole.

__ GLobal touchups to bring down the offense as a whole. Too many 5+ ERAs before. That doesn't happen now (which I HOPE is also a function of...

__ My revised Progress.big file is done, including the correct park factors, stamina

adjustments for draftees and progressions of major leaguers. The problem that plagued the first file has been fixed (so the free agent contract issue is also gone).

GH

Gforce I just want to say thanks alot man I thought version 2 was the best thing since sliced bread and then comes version 3 and now I see a version 4. I may not have a girlfriend after all of this because I can't put the controller down.

Thanks for all the hard work though I really appreciate it.

Please Krawitham if you are reading could you please convert these for the xbox when they are released I and a host of others would really appreciate it.

Thank you both.

Cool, can't wait for version 4.

In terms of player ids, I'd prefer the release to have no created player ids at all in it just the EA ids as in V3, there are so many different player id numbers used by different people that it will be a bit of a pain for some of us to have to go through and remove all created ids.

But whatever you decide is cool i guess,

Thanks again for all your amazing work.

I may hold v4 off a day or two. I am trying some things to help the game engine's constant misuse of the bullpen. I don't expect to be able to remedy it much, but with this being the last update I want to make sure I have done all I can to tackle this issue. The staminas are fixed (so AA RP's don't have higher staminas, thus more value, than AAA or ML RPs), but the reliever ERAs are, on the whole, too high I feel. This is because guys are being used/left in too long. I haven't seen a sign yet that this is affected in sims by stamina, but I want to look at it a bit more.

GH

I may hold v4 off a day or two. I am trying some things to help the game engine's constant misuse of the bullpen. I don't expect to be able to remedy it much, but with this being the last update I want to make sure I have done all I can to tackle this issue. The staminas are fixed (so AA RP's don't have higher staminas, thus more value, than AAA or ML RPs), but the reliever ERAs are, on the whole, too high I feel. This is because guys are being used/left in too long. I haven't seen a sign yet that this is affected in sims by stamina, but I want to look at it a bit more.

GH

will your lower staminas work well with dynasties and progression? is it going to bump them right back up to the mid 30s/40s when the season is over? and are the rookies out of the draft going to have too high stamins

will your lower staminas work well with dynasties and progression? is it going to bump them right back up to the mid 30s/40s when the season is over? and are the rookies out of the draft going to have too high stamins

As I said earlier, I've adjusted the progression file as well, so these will work with that.

GH

As I said earlier, I've adjusted the progression file as well, so these will work with that.

GH

ahh cool, i missed that. i thought you were just refering to the park range factors that you had adjusted for version 3

Hey Jpup will you be making trades and transactions again for Gforce's version 4(xbox).

i don't know...G won't return my messages. i don't even know if he's going to release another version. he said it would be this week and then i haven't heard anything else. maybe he's just been real busy lately.

to answer your question, if G says it's ok then I will be doing updates. If he approves it these rosters will blow the others out of the water. I am planning on doing all 3 levels in detail. I will wait a few days after release to make sure he is not going to change anything. I also will not be editing any ratings for any players no matter what. Whatever v4 has, that is what my update will have.

Hey guys,

Just an FYI. I've messed with staminas a bit and concluded that the game's bullpen management largely is a) hard coded into something I can't access or B) somewhere buried in the datafile. But regardless, nothing I do with the staminas is going to resolve to misuse of relievers in simmed games. I'll be looking at the datafile to see if I can find something relevant to this there, but so far I haven't seen anything.

I really like the sim results I'm getting overall though. The stolen base numbers now look much better, as do team BAs/ERAs. I think I've got this as realistic gameplay-wise as I can.

The last thing I need to do before releasing is delete some FAs in the game because of an MVPEdit glitch. They are fake players deleted in MVPEdit but, for whatever reason, remain in the .dat file. Shouldn't be hard to do.

Also, the set now includes picture ID#s for every player in the set. MOST of the players are included in John LeVerre's portrait compilation over on MVPMods. If you download those and get TotalMinors 4, you'll have a much more complete package in this regard.

I think the relief stamina issue is well done now. I'm noticing less reshuffling of rosters right off the bat, and when it does happen, it's usually the real-life DL guys who are getting called up, as it should be. v4 will not have a non-DL version with it. It's easy enough for guys to move those few players around if they want to do it.

I've also bumped up the speeds for curveballs and changeups a bit (mostly for minor leaguers) because I felt I made the speed discrepancies too wide. It's a slight adjustment, but I think it plays much better.

Anyway, I hope for v4 within the next couple of days.

GH

Archived