TOTALMINORS VERSION 3 RELEASED!!!

GForce22

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a couple of Totally Minor Player Id errors I've found, these are pretty much unimportant, but here goes

Dusty Wathan CLE AAA should be 2069

Damon Hollins ATL AAA should have a custom ID or "0" (I used 8527)

Pedro Liriano MON-AA should have a custom ID or "0" (I used 8761)

Eric Cammack OAK-aaa should be 1018

Aaron McNeal CHW-AA should be 1849

Jason Childers MIL-AAA should have a custom ID or "0" (I used 8200)

Hey Krawhitham,

Will you be converting Gforce's ver3 rosters for the xbox again? I haven't seen anyone stating if they were or not.

Sure, I have to finish a 1977 reds team pack. That should be done late tonight.

So I will convert the roster tomorrow

I have sent a revised progress.big file to be uploaded. I fixed it at work, so hopefully it works. If not, let me know and I'll take care of it when I get home.

GH

It still doen't work...

Everything else looks great!

Thanks!

GF,

I just read brewer's amusing remarks on Operation Sports and responded in kind. I went into considerable detail on OS regarding my thoughts about your work... no need to repeat here. Suffice to say, I'm sure your work is much appreciated by the vast majority of MVP folk.

Can't wait to start my final dynasty! :D

On Larkin, NOBODY thought he would hit .300 this year (and most still don't)...as of today's date, with those ratings, he's hitting .266 in my season. Baseball Prospectus pegged him at .247 before the year started. I'll be stunned if he hits .300.

GH

he is batting .303, he would have to bat .207 the rest of the season to bat .247 (61 for 295)

He's been hurt the last few years he did not lose his talent

Just curious why the progression file doesn t work.

If there was only changes made to park factors which is a fantastic idea, why should they be the initial problems of signing free agents?

Does anyone know if the latest download from mvpmods os okay?

thanks

Just curious why the progression file doesn t work.

If there was only changes made to park factors which is a fantastic idea, why should they be the initial problems of signing free agents?

Does anyone know if the latest download from mvpmods os okay?

thanks

It's a format issue, not a content issue. I guess how I saved it left quotation marks in it. If you delete the quotation marks (just do a find/replace in notepad) the file should work fine I would think.

GH

gforce, ty for this outstanding roster mod!

only disappointment is red sox organization reliever (and massachusetts native :) ) Ryan Cameron is not included. I am certain that he started the year in portland and is currently pitching solid relief at pawtucket.

Even when I deleted all the quotation marks in notepad, I still get players asking for a 0-year contract.

I downloaded TotalMinors 3, then the altered progression fix, then I deleted the quotation marks in the progress.big file using "Replace" in notepad.

Any ideas?

You have to replace the " with nothing (using MS Word); replacing them with a space just creates another error.

BTW, I am not liking the new reduced relief pitcher stamina; I understand the reasoning behind it, but it is causing too many problems on the CPU teams (all the minor leaguers get brought up and the major league relief pitchers sent down to AAA or AA.)

he is batting .303, he would have to bat .207 the rest of the season to bat .247 (61 for 295)

He's been hurt the last few years he did not lose his talent

In his last full season he hit .245. I guess if we're going to go by numbers this year, we better make sure the career .258 hitting Michael Barrett is given .305 ratings, or the career .271 hitting Ronnie Belliard a .310 hitter.

Again, if you don't like the ratings, feel free to change them yourself. It's why I didn't release it as a .sav file. But if you want to argue players with me you will more often than not come out on the short end.

GH

I'm planning a quick revision, largely to address the relief stamina issue. I'm going away Tuesday for a week and it may not be done until I get back.

Also, don't use my progress.big file. Use Bill's or Ducky's until I can figure out what's wrong with it. Like I said, it's only park factors I did, everything else is just Bill's v2.

GH

I downloaded TMv3 and then I downloaded Hory's player ID fixed no-DL version, and replaced the dats with the dats in my data folder. The rosters work fine in the game, but when I try to import them into mvpedit, 85% of the players become Starting Pitchers and the other 15% are Catchers. And it doesn't show if they bat L or R in the spreadsheet section at the left. Any idea why this is happening, and better yet, how I can get around it? I wanted to make a few minor revisions just for my own use, but short of changing every single players position and handedness, I don't see a way.

I downloaded TMv3 and then I downloaded Hory's player ID fixed no-DL version, and replaced the dats with the dats in my data folder. The rosters work fine in the game, but when I try to import them into mvpedit, 85% of the players become Starting Pitchers and the other 15% are Catchers. And it doesn't show if they bat L or R in the spreadsheet section at the left. Any idea why this is happening, and better yet, how I can get around it? I wanted to make a few minor revisions just for my own use, but short of changing every single players position and handedness, I don't see a way.

No idea. I haven't done anything with Hory's file. The file as I sent it has the positions correct, which is all I concern myself with.

GH

Great job on the rosters gforce! It's human nature for folks to complain or argue about their favorite players, but I've been playing out some games with this set and they're A LOT better.

1. Guys actually take pitches that are strikes

2. Guys actually swing at pitches out of the zone

3. I can actually walk people

4. Different batters and/or pitchers that I face feel different

It's a great roster set for those alone. Let alone the fact that the minor leaguers are there and players are evaluated carefully.

I have some slider and gameplay settings that I'll share later. They're highly subjective, but perhaps it'll give folks something to work off of. It's basically rodkey5 (unaltered) with a few slider settings).

Congrats on your effort and thanks for all the hard work!!!!

-Nick

Great job on the rosters gforce! It's human nature for folks to complain or argue about their favorite players, but I've been playing out some games with this set and they're A LOT better.

1. Guys actually take pitches that are strikes

2. Guys actually swing at pitches out of the zone

3. I can actually walk people

4. Different batters and/or pitchers that I face feel different

It's a great roster set for those alone. Let alone the fact that the minor leaguers are there and players are evaluated carefully.

I have some slider and gameplay settings that I'll share later. They're highly subjective, but perhaps it'll give folks something to work off of. It's basically rodkey5 (unaltered) with a few slider settings).

Congrats on your effort and thanks for all the hard work!!!!

-Nick

Thanks, Nick. The 4 things you mention are exactly what I was hoping to do. Guys have been asking for my sliders, but the fact is that I am really not very good at the game, so I think my sliders are kind of slanted to that. Hopefully better players come up with better sliders for people.

One thing I did do in mine is move infielder run speed to -40. I've found it really doesn't effect range on grounders, but it keeps them from getting to every bloop into the outfield and, especially, keeps them from running down every foul popup.

GH

Archived