TOTALMINORS VERSION 3 RELEASED!!!

GForce22

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Version 3 To do list:

Last 3 teams of hitters (pitchers are done)

Double checking pitch movements

implement last suggestions/observations made in feedback threads on various boards

Fix the legends teams (Due to an MVPEdit glitch they get grabbed by global edits, so they are all messed up now)

A few teams of equipment adjustments that were sent to me

Test sims to see if sim ratings are within reason while still keeping the gameplay as improved as I hoped (so far, the chase/take/miss adjustments look to make a nice difference, though there is still too much contact made by the computer)

I'm guessing Wednesday/Thursday.

GH

I just got the game last week, but I wanted to make some suggestions. Hopefully, these player edits haven't already been suggested, but here are some things I noticed on the White Sox:

- Buerhle should throw a cutter instead of a slider. It's his second best pitch and should clock around 83-85 mph. I also removed his 2-seam fastball as most scouting reports credit him with only the fastball, cutter, curve, and change. Though, it could be left in there; I found some stories/reports referencing a sinking pitch.

- Garland should be throwing a sinker. It's his best pitch.

- Ross Gload should have OF as his second position.

- Willie Harris should have 2B as his first position and CF as his second. According to ESPN, these are the only 2 positions he's ever played in the majors.

- Uribe should have IF as his second position. He's played every infield spot except 1B this season.

- Crede's batting stance should be changed to hi.

- Rowand's stance should be Gehrig. It's not a perfect match, but it was the closest I could find.

// edit: forgot about Jose Valentin. He no longer switch hits; he bats lefty only.

i guess this is a somewhat of a small discrep with the players DOB. i went to espn and they have barry bonds b-day as july 24 you had him listed as july 25. i checked some other players and noticed a few akso off by a day. not really a big deal but i was wondering if espn is wrong or mvp 2004. i'm guessing you didnt touch the DOB on players that were already in the game.

i guess this is a somewhat of a small discrep with the players DOB. i went to espn and they have barry bonds b-day as july 24 you had him listed as july 25. i checked some other players and noticed a few akso off by a day. not really a big deal but i was wondering if espn is wrong or mvp 2004. i'm guessing you didnt touch the DOB on players that were already in the game.

I dun think it's GForce's fault. MVP Edit has had a problem like this in its earlier versions. GForce, are you using the latest MVPEdit?

Ty Gforce for the best rosters out there!

If you are still taking requests/suggestions...

Ryan Cameron is doing some very solid relief work pitching for Pawtucket (recently promoted from Portland) - it would be nice if you could include a portrait for this kid.

thnx

This is known as an issue from the earlier versions of MVPEdit. It's not in the latest ones, but I wasn't going to back to fix a few hundred birthday's by one day. But ESPN would have the right date.

GH

This is known as an issue from the earlier versions of MVPEdit. It's not in the latest ones, but I wasn't going to back to fix a few hundred birthday's by one day. But ESPN would have the right date.

GH

looking forward to your latest version. still looking at wednesday or thursday?

This is probably totally unimportant, while hunting for player portraits I found that Aneudis Mateo of Boston AA has changed his name to Willy Corporan. I'm not sure if he did it before opening day or not so I dunno if it really affects TotalMinors and I guess only the most psychotic redsox fans would care.

More importantly, is it ok for me to release your rosters within a total portrait update, obviously full and total credit would be given, they would be totally unaltered, apart from having a unique photo/audio id for every single player, It'd just be convinient for people so they wouldn't have to type in hundreds of player ids manually. But if not, I completely understand, myself along with the rest of the mvp community respect the incredible amount of time and effort that has gone into these rosters and thank you for it.

This is probably totally unimportant, while hunting for player portraits I found that Aneudis Mateo of Boston AA has changed his name to Willy Corporan. I'm not sure if he did it before opening day or not so I dunno if it really affects TotalMinors and I guess only the most psychotic redsox fans would care.

More importantly, is it ok for me to release your rosters within a total portrait update, obviously full and total credit would be given, they would be totally unaltered, apart from having a unique photo/audio id for every single player, It'd just be convinient for people so they wouldn't have to type in hundreds of player ids manually. But if not, I completely understand, myself along with the rest of the mvp community respect the incredible amount of time and effort that has gone into these rosters and thank you for it.

Thanks. I have no problem with you doing this at all. Will you do it for v3 after it's released, or have you already done it for v2?

GH

Thanks a lot man,

I've already done it for V2, but I thought with V3 only being a few days away (hopefully) I may as well wait and let people get the definitive version of the rosters to go with the portraits. It shouldn't take too long for me to reenter all the created ids ive made when v3 comes out and then I'll do the first release of this set.

Also, this version of TotalMinors will also include a revised Progress.big file (Bill Harris' version) that includes the correct park factors for all stadiums as of this season's ratings so far. I hope guys will let me know if these really seem to affect things. I haven't really gotten to test it yet.

If I get permission from Bill I will upload the Progress.big file separately as well.

GH

This sim engine is so damn frustrating. I regret to report that there is nothing I can do about there not being enough Ks in simmed games.

I'll tell you what the biggest problem is with the sim engine, IMO...the game does not appropriately acknowledge the difference in ratings, particularly among pitchers. Because of this limitation, it's damn near impossible to create a pitcher who is strikeout dominant. The top pitchers are still top pitchers, but that next tier is too good also. There isn't enough of a gap, though the ratings are spread apart.

That being said, I am getting good numbers across the board aside from that. Right now it's a bit sim-pitching heavy, but not terribly so. It's not 1968 More like '88, with more power. The played games look really good, with control accurately reflected. Sliders will be up to the individuals.

One last thing I need to see is how it looks with my revised park factors.

Another thing I did...I gave every player (non-pitcher) a red zone for their center zone. Basically, this keeps you having to work, at least to a degree, to the outer parts of the zone. If you groove one, anyone has at least a chance of parking it. It's designed to make you pitch more carefully, influence walks a bit by forcing you to the corners, and give non power hitters a chance to slam a mistake.

GH

Not sure that I agree that every hitter should have a hot zone in the dead middle of the plate (some players really prefer pitches over a different location, particularly high in the zone, over right down the heart of the plate). Those players with cold zones over the middle zone did bug me theough (hard to convince me that grooving a fastball is more effective agianst Alou than throughing one high and away). Thanks for fixing that.

Not sure that I agree that every hitter should have a hot zone in the dead middle of the plate (some players really prefer pitches over a different location, particularly high in the zone, over right down the heart of the plate). Those players with cold zones over the middle zone did bug me theough (hard to convince me that grooving a fastball is more effective agianst Alou than throughing one high and away). Thanks for fixing that.

Ok (the 1st sentence) thats your vlad G argument? Hes expecting it off the plate, so throw the curve belt high straight down the middle?

I don't buy that, at least not for my video gaming skills. I find it hard to believe that any MLB player would not like it over the middle of the plate. Sur,e a righty might like it up while a lefty might prefer it down, but even so, I find it hard to believe that anybody would have a hole in their swing in the middle of the friken plate!

I approve of what GeForce did. He said he tweaked in favor of pitching (2004 must be dif than 2003; 2003 was pitch sim heavy-too many starters with sub 3ERAs.) Red zones dont affect sim stats, but they do enliven played games ofr both sides. If you don't think a pitcher can slam a mistake into the seats ask Greg Maddux. Hes on my fantasy team, and I was watching him pitch on WGN a month ago.

He had a 3-1 lead in the six inning and was ahead 0-2 to the pitcher with a runner on first. Eager for a ground ball double play, he was pitching for contact but left the changeup over the center of the plate. What do you think the result was on an 0-2 count to the pitcher? A tie game.

Sure, some guys prefer pitches in other spots, but ANY hitter will tell you they'd love to get mid-thigh to belt down the middle. Remember, just because I made that a red zone doesn't mean I took others away. It's just that a grooved pitch should be liable to be hit hard by just about anybody. This was also done with control in mind. It at least will force guys to try and work the corners a bit more so your margin for error is less...if that leads to one extra walk a game, given the ease of control lots of people mention, it's done its job.

GH

Archived