TOTALMINORS VERSION 3 RELEASED!!!

GForce22

Perfect, Timo...exactly what I wanted.

I'll be taking this kind of stuff for a couple of weeks yet. Still a few updates to do, so as long as I'm doing them I'll take the feedback and get it in. There may just be a lag of a few days at times when I'm doing a larger update.

Keep it coming.

GH

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok first off, I don't know a ton about the minor league players or the way you want your roster made

secondly, this is all for version 1.0. so if any of it's changed already, sorry.

but I have some suggestions for Texas.

Lower chan ho parks ratings somehow. He's just bad. Maybe lower his control of most of his pitches. The guy is a nutcase.

J. Benoit should be the fifth starter not the third.

R.A. Dickey should have much higher stamina, high 80's at least. Pitches: change 2FB with a Splitter, change the Slider with a knuckle curve type of a pitch.

raise Carlos Almanzar's stamina up from 24.

Colby Lewis is out for the year (granted this came to fruition after the season started but since he's out for the whole year I thought a trip to AA or AAA would be warranted here).

Jaun Dominguez shouldn't have a curve or a 2 seam fast ball. Change those with a changeup or a circle change. And rate the change highly. It's his best pitch.

Ryan Drese should have a sinker.

Tony Mounce isn't even with the organization.

In the lineups if you do that, sub E.Young for Laynce Nix verses Lefthanded pitchers.

I don't know if you care about numbers but:

Gary Matthews Jr in AAA is #24 not #13.

Chad Allen in AAA is #16 not #20.

Zoccolillo in AAA is #9 not #57

Conti in AAA is #19 not #22

Huckaby in AAA is #15 not #19

Juan Dominguez in AAA is #40 not #41

Wasdin in AAA is #37 not #38

R. Rodriguez in AAA is #30 not #46

Bacsik in AAA is #41 not #35

R. Garcia in AAA is #47 not #56

the double A numbers are all out of whack too but I'm getting tired.

First some random things I noticed:

FLA – Cabrera wears high socks, also change to RF

TOR – Delgado wears low pants

Pujols has a 7mil salary, not sure what this would be in pts (although I assume you did most contracts by now)

TWINS EQUIP/RATINGS FIXES

Johan Santana

Black Glove

Shannon Stewart

Socks – low

Small wristbands on both arms (actually black tape, but will do)

Carlos Silva

Change to SP (increase stamina as well)

Fastball has heavy sinking action

Also throws change and curve

Black Glove

Normal Socks

Joe Nathan

Black Glove

Better ratings – he has done extremely well this year (12 for 13 saves, 1.37 ERA, 19 IP, 26K, .186 avg against, only 2 ex base hits against)

Throws mostly mid 90’s FB with a little movement, and a sharp, breaking slider

J.C. Romero

Black Glove

Joe Mauer

His knees are bent a bit in stance (maybe more Generic than Upright)

Black Glove

Left arm wristband

Black shin guard

Lew Ford

Possibly a bit more power (50-55 for each) based on your sheet and his career ML stats

Joe Mays

Control for all pitches should be a tad better

Best pitch is a “darting sinker, sets everything else up”, also throws a fastball with good movement, mixes in a curve and change

Michael Cuddyer

1st position should be 3B, 2nd position should be utility, as he has played this year:

1B: 1, 2B: 4, 3B: 14, LF: 2, RF: 3, DH: 2

Grant Balfour

Throws 92-94 fastball, heavy sinker, solid slider, curve (curve needs work)

Control for first 3 should be better

J.D. Durbin

Pitching ratings should be higher, he almost made team out of spring training

He has built an impressive 31-11 record and 3.02 ERA since becoming a second-round pick by Minnesota in 2000 and was the organization's Pitcher of the Year in '02

Jesse Crain

Raise velocity on FB to mid to upper 90’s

Also has a “biting” curve, and a 90mph slider

Over 73 games and 111 2/3 innings in the minors, Crain has a 1.69 ERA and 22 saves with 143 strikeouts and just 36 walks

What makes Crain a challenge for hitters is a deceptive, short-armed delivery. The ball snaps out of his hand very quickly.

First off, these Rosters were definitely worth the wait, between them and patch #2 the game is becoming fun......

some cardinal notes.....

Dee haynes of in aaa is white not black

and

a general note, after playing a handful of games the rosters play great, but one complaint. it becomes kinda hard to play minor leagues games and actually manage your team, the rosters at least for the cardinals have way tooo many pitchers. i would suggest having no more than 12 pitchers per team, and also the cards aa team roster is not full

some suggested players would be matt pagnozzi, chris duncan. from a reality stand point though, like i said i'd love to see the rosters break down at 11-12 pitchers per level, and at least 2 catchers per level. makes it easier to play those games. thanks for the awesome work GF

I agree that Pagnozzi would be a good addition to the roster. I've seen Peoria play a couple times this year and he has future gold glove potential, just an amazing defensive catcher. The key for him will be offensively as he has yet to hit much at the professional level. It seems to me that he has a decent approach at the plate, just hasn't had results. I could very well see him becoming a Mike Matheny type player at the major league level in 3-4 years if he can develop his offensive skills.

First some random things I noticed:

FLA – Cabrera wears high socks, also change to RF

TOR – Delgado wears low pants

Pujols has a 7mil salary, not sure what this would be in pts (although I assume you did most contracts by now)

TWINS EQUIP/RATINGS FIXES

Johan Santana

Black Glove

Shannon Stewart

Socks – low

Small wristbands on both arms (actually black tape, but will do)

Carlos Silva

Change to SP (increase stamina as well)

Fastball has heavy sinking action

Also throws change and curve

Black Glove

Normal Socks

Joe Nathan

Black Glove

Better ratings – he has done extremely well this year (12 for 13 saves, 1.37 ERA, 19 IP, 26K, .186 avg against, only 2 ex base hits against)

Throws mostly mid 90’s FB with a little movement, and a sharp, breaking slider

J.C. Romero

Black Glove

Joe Mauer

His knees are bent a bit in stance (maybe more Generic than Upright)

Black Glove

Left arm wristband

Black shin guard

Lew Ford

Possibly a bit more power (50-55 for each) based on your sheet and his career ML stats

Joe Mays

Control for all pitches should be a tad better

Best pitch is a “darting sinker, sets everything else up”, also throws a fastball with good movement, mixes in a curve and change

Michael Cuddyer

1st position should be 3B, 2nd position should be utility, as he has played this year:

1B: 1, 2B: 4, 3B: 14, LF: 2, RF: 3, DH: 2

Grant Balfour

Throws 92-94 fastball, heavy sinker, solid slider, curve (curve needs work)

Control for first 3 should be better

J.D. Durbin

Pitching ratings should be higher, he almost made team out of spring training

He has built an impressive 31-11 record and 3.02 ERA since becoming a second-round pick by Minnesota in 2000 and was the organization's Pitcher of the Year in '02

Jesse Crain

Raise velocity on FB to mid to upper 90’s

Also has a “biting” curve, and a 90mph slider

Over 73 games and 111 2/3 innings in the minors, Crain has a 1.69 ERA and 22 saves with 143 strikeouts and just 36 walks

What makes Crain a challenge for hitters is a deceptive, short-armed delivery. The ball snaps out of his hand very quickly.

Thanks. A couple of things. I'm not adjusting ratings on such short terms as 19 innings. When I go through all the major league ratings, I will adjust according to their overall history, which will be a better gauge. Also, some of the minor league stuff differs from Baseball America's scouting reports, which is what I go with. But I appreciate all the info, particularly the the equipment stuff.

GH

First off, these Rosters were definitely worth the wait, between them and patch #2 the game is becoming fun......

some cardinal notes.....

Dee haynes of in aaa is white not black

and

a general note, after playing a handful of games the rosters play great, but one complaint. it becomes kinda hard to play minor leagues games and actually manage your team, the rosters at least for the cardinals have way tooo many pitchers. i would suggest having no more than 12 pitchers per team, and also the cards aa team roster is not full

some suggested players would be matt pagnozzi, chris duncan. from a reality stand point though, like i said i'd love to see the rosters break down at 11-12 pitchers per level, and at least 2 catchers per level. makes it easier to play those games. thanks for the awesome work GF

First, thanks for the compliment.

The Cardinals AAA has 11 pitchers on the roster, AA has 10. Also, AA roster size is 22, not 25, so they are full (they wouldn't load if they weren't).

GH

First, thanks for the compliment.

The Cardinals AAA has 11 pitchers on the roster, AA has 10. Also, AA roster size is 22, not 25, so they are full (they wouldn't load if they weren't).

GH

sorry then GF, I just didn't think they were full because when i was moving a couple guys around it let me move players to a ball without calling anyone up. so i didn't think the roster limit had been met.

Version 1.12 has been released at www.rosterdevelopmentgroup.com. I've also sent it here.

This will, barring something majorly wrong that I didn't see just now, be it until v2, which will get real contracts in, fix the too many cold zone error in the minors, get minor league uniform numbers in and some other stuff. Please keep giving feedback. I will get your observations in (or at least looked into). Especially equipment/stance stuff. I'm hoping to have v2 out in about 7-10 days (hopefully the early side).

Thanks to all for the support and feedback. It's improved things greatly.

GH

VERSION 1.12 CHANGES

Cubs lineup fix (had Patterson/Grudzialanek positions swapped)

Move Alec Zumwalt from TB to ATL AA (Rule 5 returnee prior to season. Cut AA catcher Jared Saltalamacchia, who is still in low A and was 3rd catcher)

Buffalo lineup fix

Created Dicky Gonzalez, added to TB AAA (nobody deleted as he took Zumwalt's spot)

Created Cliff Bartosh at Buffalo (Cut Scott Sauerbeck, who won't pitch at all this year)

Created Ryan Garko C/1B to replace David Wallace at CLE AA as Garko is now the better prospect

Placed Johnny Estrada ATL at starting C vs L as well (had him only vs right)

Several D'Backs Equipment fixes

Fixed lefty curveball movement

Multiyear contract years for all teams completed (real dollars will be for v2)

Boosted floor stamina for starters in minors to raise innings and avoid bullpen abuse

Added Bruce Chen to BAL AAA. (Though this didn't happen until after opening day, when I created Jason Frasor for TOR, Chen was the guy I booted. When I did that, figured I may as well finish that move. Cut Sean Bergman (who was sent down to A-ball at 34 years old to make room for Chen in real life, likely signalling the end of his career))

Fixed sinker movement

Created Brennan King, 3B LA AA, replaced Zach Hammes

Fixed rotation roles for D. Sanchez, Dreifort and Lima on Dodgers

Fixed Todd Martin (LA) control

Created Matt Wise, added to MIL (replaced David Elder who isn't with the team)

Fixed Austin Kearns, Adam Dunn stances

Added Chris Saenz to Brewers AA, replaces Greg Bruso

Fixed Matt Miller (CLE AAA) pitching delivery to sidearm

Adjusted Jody Gerut skin tone (CLE)

Upped Jose Capellan velocity (ATL minors)

Added knuckleball for ATL minor-leaguer Ray Aguilar

Replaced second Napolean Calzado (one on BAL AAA is correct as of opening day, one on AA replaced as he wasn't acquired until later) with 2B Aaron Herr

Fixed Cody McKay (STL) batting ratings (were too low)

Fixed Adam LaRoche equipment/build

Fixed Cody McKay hitting ratings (slight boost)

Fixed some equipment details on Braves minor leaguers

Fixed Boston P Lenny DiNardo uniform # to 55 from 63

Fixed Soriano/Michael Young position error in one TEX lineup

Fixed ratings for injured star players like Nomar, Nixon, some others which had gotten messed up in global edits

Mariners batting stance fixes

Fixed Dee Haynes (STL AAA) skin tone

Adjust RP staminas in AA. However, guys who are starters in real life but serving as relievers now due to prospect depth still have starter staminas. Don't want to cripple their futures by undercutting them.

Blue Jays equipment/stance adjustments

Rangers ratings adjustments, young/Nix lineup swap, R.A. Dickey stamina, etc.)

Replaced TEX P Tony Mounce (who was let go to Japan this offseason) with prospect Nick Regilio

Twins equipment/stance fixes, some ratings touches (Carlos Silva stamina, slight boost to Joe Nathan)

Swap Catalanatto/Johnson defense in one TOR lineup

Looks great! I haven't actually got to play a game with it yet, but I was messing around in MVP edit and noticed that Andy Sisco's (Diamond Jaxx) fastball is a bit slow. He throws about 96, and it's set at 92 right now. I don't know if that means his other pitch speeds should be adjusted too or not.

Looks great! I haven't actually got to play a game with it yet, but I was messing around in MVP edit and noticed that Andy Sisco's (Diamond Jaxx) fastball is a bit slow. He throws about 96, and it's set at 92 right now. I don't know if that means his other pitch speeds should be adjusted too or not.

He's at 92-94 according to Baseball America and guys can throw a bit harder in the game than the velocity rating. He may hit 96 occasionally, but not consistently.

GH

Catalanotto, Frank - stance Todd Helton

Arms high, legs close together and wiggles his bat. Some roster sets have him with Juan Gonzalez but he doesn't wiggle his bat in a circular motion

i beg to differ with catalanotto. i think his stance is done pretty well with the circular motion, even though....yes, its exaggerated.

i beg to differ with catalanotto. i think his stance is done pretty well with the circular motion, even though....yes, its exaggerated.

Well it's a very small circlular motion. He stops as pitcher goes into his windup and his final bat movement is forward. None of the stances I suggested are perfect, but I thinks their the closest. Who stance would you suggest?

Once again, your rosters are awesome.

A couple other things I noticed on the Dodgers. In the lineups, you have Juan Encarnacion playing LF and Dave Roberts in RF. Actually, that's backward. Roberts plays LF and Encarnacion plays RF, and they have since the beginning of the year.

I still hope to get to the equipment soon.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

A couple of things about the Rangers I noticed...

Gerald Laird should probably have his contact raised some since he's hitting a little over .300 right now, and hit about .275 in the few games he played last year, but he should also have his power lowered since he hasn't hit a home run this year, and only one last year.

Teixeira should have OF as his second position since he played there some last year and is probably going to be moved there once they call up Adrian Gonzalez.

Brian Jordan and Kevin Mench should swap positions (LF to RF for Jordan, RF to LF for Mench).

Herbert Perry should be batting cleanup and as the DH against LHPs.

Once again, your rosters are awesome.

A couple other things I noticed on the Dodgers. In the lineups, you have Juan Encarnacion playing LF and Dave Roberts in RF. Actually, that's backward. Roberts plays LF and Encarnacion plays RF, and they have since the beginning of the year.

I still hope to get to the equipment soon.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Had these reversed vs L. Thanks for the catch.

GH

A couple of things about the Rangers I noticed...

Gerald Laird should probably have his contact raised some since he's hitting a little over .300 right now, and hit about .275 in the few games he played last year, but he should also have his power lowered since he hasn't hit a home run this year, and only one last year.

Teixeira should have OF as his second position since he played there some last year and is probably going to be moved there once they call up Adrian Gonzalez.

Brian Jordan and Kevin Mench should swap positions (LF to RF for Jordan, RF to LF for Mench).

Herbert Perry should be batting cleanup and as the DH against LHPs.

Sure you have my roster? Jordan isn't on the major league roster in mine as was DL'd to start the year.

GH

I agree on the herbert perry being placed in the dh/cleanup position in the lineup vs left handers. I forgot to even mention that.

I don't think Laird is going to be hitting 300 this season though. I think his specs are fine.

one other thing, what's the rationale on not rasing Almanzar's stamina? I know he shouldn't have like 60 but 24 is a bit low. Especially for a guy who has gone near two innings easily. I don't see why his stamina should be that much lower than Jeff Nelson's is.

I agree on the herbert perry being placed in the dh/cleanup position in the lineup vs left handers. I forgot to even mention that.

I don't think Laird is going to be hitting 300 this season though. I think his specs are fine.

one other thing, what's the rationale on not rasing Almanzar's stamina? I know he shouldn't have like 60 but 24 is a bit low. Especially for a guy who has gone near two innings easily. I don't see why his stamina should be that much lower than Jeff Nelson's is.

Laird isn't going to hit .300, but his contact against righties is 29, so I think that's a little low...

Archived