TOTALMINORS VERSION 3 RELEASED!!!

GForce22

Thank you so much GForce. I'm a long time fan. That said the only mistake I've noticed so far is that you have Greg LaRocca playing 3B for the Buffalo Bison. This past off-season he signed with the Hiroshima Carp of the Japanese Central League, where he currently plays 2B. IIRC he signed sometime in early February.

Good note. Will fix tonight.

GH

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Deznuts

Also, regarding ratings, I won't be adjusting guys based on what they've done this year. Hector Luna's power is fine...the guy hit 2 homers in 460 at bats in AA last year. A small sample size doesn't merit an adjustment based on his career history. I will gladly make adjustments, but not based on 100 at bats of this season.

Thanks guys.

GH

I agree with you. Last I checked, Steve Finley was leading the NL with 12 homers. Does this mean his power rating should be raised to 99? Of course not. The most homers he has hit in his career has been 35 in 2000.

I agree with you. Last I checked, Steve Finley was leading the NL with 12 homers. Does this mean his power rating should be raised to 99? Of course not. The most homers he has hit in his career has been 35 in 2000.

_I_ think it should ;)

On the atlanta braves major league team, Adam Laroche is not black. I assume you edited this at some point since he wasnt in the original rosters. I changed it myself using face 5 and it looks close enough.

Update won't be until tomorrow guys. I'm exhausted and won't be able to get to it all tonight. But lots of little things will get touched up here too...should really improve things. Hope to have midday Monday, if not, then bet on the late night release again.

Thanks.

GH

Update won't be until tomorrow guys. I'm exhausted and won't be able to get to it all tonight. But lots of little things will get touched up here too...should really improve things. Hope to have midday Monday, if not, then bet on the late night release again.

Thanks.

GH

Good to hear from u GH. On the Tornto Blue Jays, some Minor League players have to be fixed.

- Justin Miller: he's now the 4th starter for the Jays, I don't think his star power is nothing (1-0, ERA 3.38, 4 G)

- Michael Nakamura: this guy is simply IMPRESSIVE. So, neither should HIS star power be nothing ( 13.1 ip, ERA 2.70 )

- Jorge Sequea and Russ Adams : I thought they were both prospects, how come the star rating is so slow?

- missing players: Gregg Zaun and Jason Frasor

Hope you can look into that, thx GH.

Good to hear from u GH. On the Tornto Blue Jays, some Minor League players have to be fixed.

- Justin Miller: he's now the 4th starter for the Jays, I don't think his star power is nothing (1-0, ERA 3.38, 4 G)

- Michael Nakamura: this guy is simply IMPRESSIVE. So, neither should HIS star power be nothing ( 13.1 ip, ERA 2.70 )

- Jorge Sequea and Russ Adams : I thought they were both prospects, how come the star rating is so slow?

- missing players: Gregg Zaun and Jason Frasor

Hope you can look into that, thx GH.

I'll add Zaun and Frasor. But I'm not adjusting star ratings based on such a small sample size. In roughly the same innings last year, Nakamura had 7.80 ERA for Minnesota, making his big league ERA so far almost 5.2. He's also 27 and unlikely to get much better.

Adams is a poor fielding, no power shortstop. His star rating is average, and that's appropriate.

Sequea had a great year in AA last year, but he was repeating the league and, when called up to AAA, hit more in line with career numbers (.255). He's hitting .250 there again this year. Maybe bump him to 2 stars since he's young for the league, but overall he's not considered a real prospect by Baseball America, Baseball Prospectus, or John Sickels. I'm inclined to agree with them.

GH

I also have not noticed a problem with pitch movement. I started my dynasty finally, and I am using the Reds. I lost all three games v. the Cubs to open up the season. I am using roddata3, and the sliders he suggested in the readme. Even tho I lost all three games, it was very fun. It was amazingly similar to real life as well being that the darn Reds bullpen lost all three games. I even touched up Kerry Wood for 3 dingers (2 by Griff!!!!) and he still got the win.

Only real problem I had was if someone with any kind of speed got on base, they stole second on the first pitch everytime. That may have something to do with the slider settings for All-Star with roddata3. I will play around with that.

Awesome work once again GForce. I don't care what they say, YOU DA MAN!!!

Anyhoo, Some changes for the Reds:

Ryan Wagner wears "high" socks. Also his fastball seems a little slow. You have the wicked slider dead on, but he throws gas, and I seem to be only getting 91-92 mph.

Most of the guys wear "low" socks, like Bonds. Griffey, Larkin, Kearns, Dunn all do. Not a huge deal.

Adam Dunn has a slightly open stance.

Austin Kearns stance is horrible. He has more of a normal stance, not the "right on top of the plate" stance he has now.

Wily Mo Pena does not crouch at the plate. He has more of an upright stance.

Danny Graves is the closer. I don't care what that idiot Boone did with him last year, he is a closer. IMHO his stamina should be lowered, and he should be set to RP. He also throws a sinker, which is not listed as one of his pitches. Gravey doesn't really have an "out" pitch, but his sinker is probably his best pitch.

Jason Larue's arm is horrid. He has a pretty good arm IRL. I don't know if you compensated the fact that he hasn't thrown many guys out by making his arm weaker. If that's the case, I understand. His runner thrown out % is not due to lack of arm strength however.

Juan Castro in this game (even with default rosters) looks like he ate a few too many Krispie Kreams. He is not that big.

That's all I can think of.

Thanks G!!!

GEForce,

Awesome work! I only got to look at the rosters briefly last night, and the only glitch I noticed was that it listed the White Sox as not having a completed 5 man rotation, even though they had 5 starting pitchers listed.

My brief perusal of that Dodgers roster looked pretty good. I will try to take a closer look tonight and get some notes back to you.

Thanks again for all your hard work!

Version 1.1 is now available at www.rosterdevelopmentgroup.com. I've also uploaded it here and to BBSC.

VERSION 1.1 CHANGES:

* Fixed error in pitch descriptions causing pitches not to have movement.

* Fixed weight/body type disagreements.

* Swapped Jose/Denny Bautista (BAL...had wrong one in Majors)

* Fixed Adam LaRoche skin tone

* Adjusted Mike Ryan ratings (MIN)

* Giants equipment adjustments

* Fixed ReadMe error on Rodkey's data file (it's v4, not v3)

* Boosted Victor Martinez power

* Fixed Barry Bonds' age

* Fixed wrong positions for Varitek/Kapler in one Boston lineup

* Created Bobby Bradley (AA PIT)...replaced Wardell Starling

* Fixed error with too wide a gap separating prospects (had made adjustment to enhance top prospects and adjusted too much)

* Set AA contact ceiling (had some ratings that were way too high)

* Created Seth Greisinger and assigned him to MIN AAA where he started year. He replaced Joe Beimel, who wasn't signed by the Twins until after opening day

* Fixed Scott Podsednik steal rating (was at 0 from default rosters)

* Replaced second Juan Dominguez (TEX prospect) with Frank Francisco (P, AA)

* Created Tyler Walker (SF AAA), replaced Manny Aybar who is no longer with organization

* Adjusted starter staminas throughout to set minimum (had starters at 45 sometimes, which is too low and skews results

* Fixed Tyler Yates (NYM) skin tone

* Adjusted pitch movements on lefty sliders so the break is correct

* Adjusting movements/descriptions on sinkers/splitters

* Created Jason Frasor (TOR AAA), replaced Bruce Chen

* Added Donovan Osborne ID so he has picture

* Got rid of Bubba Crosby's goatee

* Created Brad Thompson (STL AA), replaced Anthony Reyes

* Fixed a few pitches with low velocity (happened when I added a pitch to a pitcher then forgot to adjust velocity...MVPEdit's default velocity is 36!)

* Fixed Larry Bigbie throwing arm to R

* Cut Greg LaRocca from CLE AAA, replaced with C Dusty Wathan

* Bumped star rating for Justin Miller (TOR)

* Set minimum movement of 4 for all curveballs. No curveball should be below 4, or it basically does nothing

* Added Matt Ginter to NYM AAA, replaced Mike Glavine, who is basically on the team as a favor to his big brother and sucks beyond all recognition

* Changed Danny Graves role back to RP and cut stamina (had him as closer, but still an SP with high stamina), switched 2-seam fastball to sinker

* Some equipment/uniform/stance adjustments for Reds

* Fixed White Sox rotation (had only 4 starters)

Also included in this zip file general ratings sheets, which will help you create ratings yourself if you so desire. There are broad variations with this, but extensive testing showed this as the average range. These are based on MAJOR LEAGUE performance, so adjust for AAA, AA accordingly.

I'm really happy with how this looks now...only thing I see is walks in a minors are still a bit low, but that's because I have top guys in there, so there isn't as much roster filler for pitchers. Still can be tweaked I think though.

Thanks for the notes guys. Keep the feedback and observations coming.

GH

I have a question, how do you handle minor league jersey #'s?

It's a dilemma since guys often wear different #'s in AAA than they do when they get called up to the big club - personally, I would give everyone their 'major league' number - since I'm more interested in calling guys up to the majors than playing with the minors (probably why I'm perversely more interested in having fringe major league guys than prospects in the rosters :-)

But if I were interested in playing with the minor league teams, I'd definitely prefer to have the #'s they wear in real life on the farm.

How do you handle this?

I guess the fact that it is easy to edit numbers even during a dynasty fixes this, bravo mvp - are you listening madden?

GEForce,

One quick question, I am at work now and will not have a chance to take a look until I get home but I was wondering if you corrected the Yankees roster showing two pitcher positions when playing without the DH and missing the cather position.

GEForce,

One quick question, I am at work now and will not have a chance to take a look until I get home but I was wondering if you corrected the Yankees roster showing two pitcher positions when playing without the DH and missing the cather position.

&#*# I knew I forgot something.

Congratulations...you get a v 1.11 all for yourself :)

Will fix.

GH

Version 1.11 is up on RosterDevelopmentGroup.com. It's also been sent here and to BBSC.

V 1.11 fixes lineup issues for the Yanks, Tigers and Orioles (2 pitchers showing up in lineups), and fills 3B hole at Indians AAA from where I removed LaRocca in v1.1.

GH

Here's some suggestions I have from what I saw in Version 1.

Alec Zumwalt should be with the Braves, not the Rays anymore. He was returned (Rule V draft) to the Braves long before opening day.

Dicky Gonzalez should be with the Devil Rays. He has played with the big league club, but was recently sent back down. He's not bad.

Cliff Bartosh should probably be added also. He's a lefty reliever for the Indians that was just called up a few days ago. He started the year in AAA.

If you want, Ryan Garko (C/1B) could replace David Wallace for the AA Indians since he's definitely lapsed him as a better prospect. Garko's hitting something like .372 with 9 HRs, so far at A+. He's 23, but Wallace is 24 and hitting .179 at the same level.

I have v1.1 and the Bisons have 2 Pitchers in their starting lineup, the same pitcher. I dont even know how to fix this. I think its the 3rd baseman thats missing but I didnt see one to put in the lineup. Hmmmm maybe I need to send someone down.

Nah I even called up a 3rd baseman to put in the lineup but it wont let me swap the 3rd baseman for the pitcher. Again there are 2 pitchers in the batting lineup. Both are R. Ellis. Any help on how to fix this would be appriciated.

Nah I even called up a 3rd baseman to put in the lineup but it wont let me swap the 3rd baseman for the pitcher. Again there are 2 pitchers in the batting lineup. Both are R. Ellis. Any help on how to fix this would be appriciated.

You can do it yourself in MVPEdit by clearing the lineup that's wrong and rebuilding it. I didn't even think to check the Buffalo lineup when I fixed the missing guy.

I'll fix that tonight.

GH

Archived