TOTALMINORS VERSION 3 RELEASED!!!

GForce22

Hey GForce,

I’ve taken your roster set (v1.12) and started entering all of the audio/photo ids for each players listed in Tony3sPlayerId (patch 2). If you want to hold off on your updates for a while I can send you the dat files when I'm done. Probably be another hour or two, half done. I'm not entering any ids for players not listed in the spreadsheet.

Anyways let me know.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey GForce,

I’ve taken your roster sets (v1.12) and started interring all of the audio/photo ids for each players listed in Tony3sPlayerId (patch 2). If you want to hold off on your updates for a while I can send you the dat files when I'm done. Probably be another hour or two, half done. I'm not entering any ids for players not listed in the spreadsheet.

Anyways let me know.

That would be great. I haven't entered anything since today's release.

Thanks.

GH

does anybody know how to convert the new v1.12 rosters to an xbox. they are behind in the OS. they still have v1 and nobody is posting the new version.

if you have a modded xbox it's easy.

a modified database.big file is going to be uploaded that has the 1.12 rosters on it.

Duckdodger,

I think your lock ups may be related to the cyber faces. I have tried loading them four times, and have followed the directions, and I still get lock ups, usually right as the game begins. One way you can test it is to back up your current models.big, and then copy over a clean one to see if that will stop your lock ups.

I know most people are not having trouble with Rolie's cyber faces, and I am in no way saying it is an inferior product!! I sure would love to get them working, but they just aren't for me. Maybe someone who has them working could upload their models.big for me to test on my PC to see if it's my not loading them correctly.

Thanks Rick I'll try that out.

you're just going to have to wait until gomer does it then.

I don't think it should take very long to make. Seeing as how it takes all of five minutes to get the roster on a modded xbox.

But it seems like it took him a long time to get 1.0 converted.

one other thing, what's the rationale on not rasing Almanzar's stamina? I know he shouldn't have like 60 but 24 is a bit low. Especially for a guy who has gone near two innings easily. I don't see why his stamina should be that much lower than Jeff Nelson's is.

A fair question on Almanzar...basically, it's because Almanzar is an extreme control pitcher. The guy throws strikes all the time. As a result, he tends not to throw that many pitches, because he's around the plate. My stamina ratings aren't just based on innings pitched, but use walks and Ks to get an idea for what KIND of innings a guy pitches. If you want to bump him to low 30s, go ahead, but I wouldn't bump him higher than that. His impeccable control should keep pitch counts low and let him work 2 innings in a rare stint if needed.

GH

GH

Great answer. I think that brings perspective to the depth and detail of these rosters. It also shows that you need to understand your teams strengths and then utilitze them when you're playing the game. The #'s are the basis of the engine and will guide you towards certain situations. It's what allows the game to feel different as you play with different players. Therefore you need to be willing to flex a bit and "simulate" what the real player would do.

-Nick

A fair question on Almanzar...basically, it's because Almanzar is an extreme control pitcher. The guy throws strikes all the time. As a result, he tends not to throw that many pitches, because he's around the plate. My stamina ratings aren't just based on innings pitched, but use walks and Ks to get an idea for what KIND of innings a guy pitches. If you want to bump him to low 30s, go ahead, but I wouldn't bump him higher than that. His impeccable control should keep pitch counts low and let him work 2 innings in a rare stint if needed.

GH

GH

Alfonso Soriano's age should probably be changed to 28. :|

Also, Antonio Perez, for the LV 51, birthday should be 1/26/1980. They have his old registered birthday from like two years ago. Dam foreign signees.

GeForce,

Noticed another position anomoly. Ron Coomer (yeah, I know, he is a FA) is a 1st baseman/3rd baseman. If he has every played SS, it must have been very early in his career. Also, Jose Hernandez (Dodgers) should have his second position UTIL because he has played all infield positions and some outfield. Finally, any idea on what to do with Paul LoDuca? He regularly plays 1B and LF. I almost wish there was a 3rd position option...

I really don't know what the problem is, but I was going through a list of left handed top pitching prospects and searching for their names.

All of them started showing up as catchers. I haven't loaded the rosters to check if they actually are showing up in the games as catchers or pitchers, when I really get some free time I will look into it further.

I just had a really weird thing happen while playing the Indians. They brought in a pitcher from the bullpen named F. Cabrera(haven't checked his first name). His changeup is like... odd. Reminds me of an 'Eephus' pitch from another baseball game my friend had once. It goes way up in the air and zooms into the zone. the catcher can't catch it. I got to second after striking out cause the catcher couldn't find the ball after the pitch. I don't really know if thats the way he throws it, I doubt it. It seems like a problem so I thought I'd mention it. My initial guess would be his pitch speed on the change up is like 40 or 50. I seem to remember a guy uploading videos of 10, 20, 30, 40 mph pitches(i have the 20 one, its funny) so thats what it reminded me of. I don't have the newest version, I have v1.11 but I didn't see the fix on the newer list of changes so I thought I'd bring it up.

*Edit* He just got one over the plate and the speed was 56. I don't know if that'll help or not.

GH

GH

just read this, and that's fine with me :) thanks for the great explanation!

TotalMinors Version 2 has been released at www.rosterdevelopmentgroup.com. It has also been sent to MVPMods.

VERSION 2 REVISIONS:

Version 2 includes three MAJOR upgrades:

1) Major league contracts have been redone for correct dollar figures. In addition, contract years have been redone as well. A player with less than 3 years in the majors now has 1 or 2 years left on his deal, whatever would bring him through his 3rd season. This excludes guys like Prior who have already signed deals. Guys with 3+ but less than 6 years have the number left that brings them to 6, which is when they can file for free agency. This lets you keep more players (whether you want them or not) but still have decisions to make for those 1st or 2nd year guys once their 3rd year is up. If you think about the arbitration process, it's basically meant to get a player what a comparable player is worth. So this requires you to pay to keep your guy rather than just having him locked up cheap for 6 years, which isn't how it really works. Unfortunately, because the game lacks an arbitration system, I had to come up with a middle ground to handle this. This was the best way I thought of.

2) Minor league uniform #s are now accurate for any of the guys actually on a AAA or AA roster (listed on their sites during the past 3 days). I didn't check below AA for time reasons, so those guys still have random jerseys. But you'll a lot less #75s and #84s running around. This is baseball, not football.

3) The hot/cold zone process for minor leaguers was completely redone. Basically, any prospect had his rating adjusted. I did this for a few reasons. I saw way too many cold zones overall. And I think the ratings should carry the bulk of the weight. So you'll see many more gray zones for one thing, letting the ratings do their work. Also, top prospects should have more red zones to make you fear pitching them. So 5 star prospects have 4 or 5 red zones to 0-1 blue, 4 star have 3-4 red zones to 1-2 blue. This, combined with changing more of what were blue zones to gray, will make the minor league games a much more realistic experience, I feel.

Other changes for v2:

Dodgers lineup fix (Roberts/Encarnacion defensive positions)

Herbert Perry to DH vs L for TEX

Mench/Delucci defensive position switch for TEX

Fixed Alfonso Soriano's age to 28 from 26

Fixed error with Brett Evert (ATL) velocity on 2-seam fastball (was 36, the MVPEdit default)

Johnny Estrada equipment to hockey mask

Fixed Andy Sisco's build

Added beard to Cal Eldred (saw him vs. Mets)

Fixed Brendan Harris (CHC AAA) power rating vs R (was 0)

Fixed Antonio Perez (LA AAA) age

Fixed Ron Coomer position eligibility

Fixed Jose Hernandez Pos 2 to UTIL

Fixed Brewers rotation and lineup vs L

Fixed STL prospect Shaun Boyd who accidentally had 5 stars

A few misc. ratings touches on minor leaguers

Player Ids added for many guys who have a photo or audio but had no ID (thanks to Tim Ouderkirk and TJ McCallum for compiling these for me.)

Version 3 is already in the works. This will be the big major league player upgrade. Hope 10-14 days, but hey, v2 was quicker than I thought :)

As always, feedback is appreciated.

GH

I am just blown away by all the knowledge you have of this game. Fantastic job.

One thing I dont like about the Mets is Kazuo Matsuis batting stance. The first one you had was better. I know he somewhat swings his bat, but it doesnt move as much as that and sticks out further. So go back or find another one.

I am just blown away by all the knowledge you have of this game. Fantastic job.

One thing I dont like about the Mets is Kazuo Matsuis batting stance. The first one you had was better. I know he somewhat swings his bat, but it doesnt move as much as that and sticks out further. So go back or find another one.

Feel free to search for a better one. I'm always open to suggestions.

GH

Archived