TOTALMINORS VERSION 3 RELEASED!!!

GForce22

I wish someone would load up the Total Minors rosters on MVP edit and then just go through and add every photo update availible and then make the file availible here. I went through the trouble of updating the entire Cub system but I cant imagine trying to update every single club, I just dont have that kind of time. Maybe someone else does though.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish someone would load up the Total Minors rosters on MVP edit and then just go through and add every photo update availible and then make the file availible here. I went through the trouble of updating the entire Cub system but I cant imagine trying to update every single club, I just dont have that kind of time. Maybe someone else does though.

Why don't you upload yours on here and maybe other people will, too. Just do yours for the Cubs and make it known it corresponds with Gforce's totalminors roster set.

I don't know if GForce will be doing this in his finale update v.3 but if not I will enter all the ids for v.3. I've downloaded all of the photoset and many already have assigned id. The problem is different sets use the same ids for different players. I'm going to go through them and use the best photosets to assign the ids, and for the rest assign new ones. Hopefully new photoset will use these ids in their future updates, but can guaranty it.

I can upload a speedsheet of all the players and the ids I will assign while GForce works on v3.

It's embarrassing that I pointed out before that the Indians Matt Miller should throw submarine, and never noticed that the game has him as a lefty when he should be a righty. anyway he probably ought to be fixed.

I think they had him wrong in the stock rosters

Is there any ETA for v3? I just started a dynasty but I realized it is from before the lefty pitch types were fixed, so I have sabathia and cliff lee up there throwing screwballs...I already added a bunch of players and put in portraits, but I can't decide if i should go ahead and fix that stuff in v2 or wait for v3...hmm

I'd wait... and I am waiting, actually. Version 2 is perfectly playable, but I expect version 3 will be off the charts.

It may be a while, he's states he's gonna take his time on it because he's not doing another version, so he wants to make sure it's done right.

As it is, I'm having fun playing minor league games with version 2 outside of Dynasty mode.

adam dunn does not have an open stance. i don't know why you all keep posting that. chipper jones stance is the closest to dunn. arod's is good, but the hands aren't high enough.

Dunn had an open stance last year. He's changed it this year to more closed. Either that, or the opposite. I just remember hearing earlier this spring that he'd made a significant change. That's probably where the confusion is coming from.

-Nick

geforce:

i spent several hours today, compiling somewhat of a depth chart for the yankees, using several prospect lists and alot of free time checking old stats, since i thought some of your picks for AAA/AA pitching wise were a little off, also because some guys have moved around or been shipped out (Osborne, Arias). I have an excel workbook with what i accomplished, would you be interested in it? email, or post on here?

also, once you tell me what you think about that, ill give you an update on all the players, cause i found that several of the faces/skin tones were off (a technical thing, but something that would make your rosters more accurate).

This is the kind of stuff I was weary of. Sure, I could find discrepancies with my team, but if everybody requested their team to be perfect, the mod maker would never finish if he chose to include every person's requests or recommendations. These trivial issues should be addressed at the user's end. Fans of the twenty-nine other teams won't care about these cosmetic changes and would never know. Let the man work on the important things like adjusting players stats and tweaking gameplay that all fans will enjoy.

Of course, all these decisions will be made by Gforce. I'd rather get the patch before the all-star break than wait for it to be adjusted to make every gamer happy.

Let individuals be responsible to tweak their favorite team out as desired. :twisted:

hellblazer

This is the kind of stuff I was weary of. Sure, I could find discrepancies with my team, but if everybody requested their team to be perfect, the mod maker would never finish if he chose to include every person's requests or recommendations. These trivial issues should be addressed at the user's end. Fans of the twenty-nine other teams won't care about these cosmetic changes and would never know. Let the man work on the important things like adjusting players stats and tweaking gameplay that all fans will enjoy.

Of course, all these decisions will be made by Gforce. I'd rather get the patch before the all-star break than wait for it to be adjusted to make every gamer happy.

Let individuals be responsible to tweak their favorite team out as desired. :twisted:

hellblazer

completely understandable. i just offered it up

I always appreciate the feedback, and if I can get it in I will. But it's down the totem pole to do the cosmetic stuff (though it really is a pretty quick touch-up).

However, the real news, an update on v3. I think you guys are going to LOVE how this plays. I still have a lot to do, but believe that, in addition to tweaking virtually every major leaguer's ratings, I am finding the balance between accurate representation in played games as well as simmed games. Guys had expressed concern that it was hard to get guys who both walked and struck out a lot to do the same...right now, my ratings in this regard look VERY strong.

For one thing, I now believe those hidden take/chase/miss ratings DO have some impact on simmed games as well. But in played games, they make a world of difference. One thing is, the original miss ratings were too small, and really somewhat haphazard. Guys who strike out a lot had 3s and 4s (on the 15 scale). Guys who strike out rarely had 0s and 1s or 2s. Basically, anything these guys swung at they were going to hit. Combined with take ratings adjustments (so patient hitters look at more pitches), and chase ratings (so guys who strike out will also go after bad pitches at times). This also ties into pitch counts.

An example, I let the CPU play games out to test these adjustments because, as I have noted in the past, I am a very aggressive player by nature (throw too many strikes, swing too much)...Kurt Ainsworth earlier threw 91 pitches over 6 innings. Totals like that were not common, but they are becoming increasingly so with these adjustments. I still have more work to do on pitchers to strike the balance between played/sim ratings (right now, sim walks are too high), but I'm getting closer. The hitters are being done first, the pitchers last.

Still no timeline, but progress is being made and I am extremely confident v3 will make playing these games a much more enjoyable experience. I've been energized by these results and am really enjoying seeing what they are bringing.

GH

awesome geforce. i appreciate the work youve been doing. ill be sending along a few paypal bucks soon.

how many hours a day do you spend on this by the way?

also, is there a certain method you use to assign ratings to the minor league guys? if i want to add in a minor leaguer who you have not put in the league, what methods would i use if i want to keep them in the same accurate state as your players?

That's great news bud. As I mentioned before when you brought up the take, chase, patience ratings it did indeed sound very promising. One of my biggest complaints was the user vs cpu batter interface was all over the map:

on pro it played out pretty well but you could dominate the hitters.

on mvp level they made way too much contact and rarely sat on pitches that were hittable. God forbid you threw with anything less than max power too.

If you get a couple of teams done and want some testing, drop me a file.

-Nick

God forbid you threw with anything less than max power too.

-Nick

I've been wondering about that myself... Why include it as an option if less that full power is going to be slaughtered.

Beyond that, I think a 90% powered Randy Johnson fastball should still be more effective than most other people's fastball, but apparently EA disagrees,

Yeah, exactly..if anything, it should be a requirement that you take stuff off pitches sometimes. A lot of times you'll see a guy sneak a "bp fastball" by someone by taking something off of it. Or they have more or less break on off speed pitches. Right now the meter/AI is doing a pretty poor job of accounting for this.

I still say they should add a "break/speed" zone to the meter that you need to hit on the way down to get proper break or speed (depending on your pitch type). Then you'd have situations where you threw a pitch to the correct location (by hitting the second zone) but you could "hang" a breaking ball, or throw a fastball with little or no movement but missing the first. Or if you hit the first zone and missed the second you'd have "good movement but poor control".

The meter is a great addition to gaming baseball and I hope they do some innovative things to enhance the experience.

-Nick

i know that you have several time constraints and without trying to sound ungrateful, will you be adding players to fill up the free agent list that are not currently in your roster? i know you have a little over a hundred F.A., i was just curious if you were planning to fill up the 250 or so that the editor can hold. i know that i could add players that i would want through mvp edit but i know i couldn't match, or even come close to the system of creating players that you have established. i was curious because there are so many players that still play somewhere in the minors or independant leagues such as blake stein, the other matt white, etc. who may show up in the majors at some point this year. once again, thanks for your time, effort and quality that you have given to the gaming community.

i know that you have several time constraints and without trying to sound ungrateful, will you be adding players to fill up the free agent list that are not currently in your roster? i know you have a little over a hundred F.A., i was just curious if you were planning to fill up the 250 or so that the editor can hold. i know that i could add players that i would want through mvp edit but i know i couldn't match, or even come close to the system of creating players that you have established. i was curious because there are so many players that still play somewhere in the minors or independant leagues such as blake stein, the other matt white, etc. who may show up in the majors at some point this year. once again, thanks for your time, effort and quality that you have given to the gaming community.

Appreciate the kind words, but to put it bluntly there is no chance of this happening :)

GH

Something else I think you guys will enjoy with v3 is revised fielding ratings, which include stretching differences among outfielder ranges. To me, the difference between a 90 and a 75 isn't significant in the game. Craig Biggio gets to the same balls Torii Hunter and Mike Cameron get to, and that shouldn't be. So I've stretched this a bit to increase the difference among defenders. It plays MUCH better. You actually feel a difference in the defenders, which is as it should be. Arm ratings were also altered, all based on UZR (Ultimate Zone Rating) calculations.

GH

Something else I think you guys will enjoy with v3 is revised fielding ratings, which include stretching differences among outfielder ranges. To me, the difference between a 90 and a 75 isn't significant in the game. Craig Biggio gets to the same balls Torii Hunter and Mike Cameron get to, and that shouldn't be. So I've stretched this a bit to increase the difference among defenders. It plays MUCH better. You actually feel a difference in the defenders, which is as it should be. Arm ratings were also altered, all based on UZR (Ultimate Zone Rating) calculations.

GH

Im really hoping this will add to the realism of the game, right now there are a whole lot of balls being caught that should be droping for hits, even using Kama's mod. I see alot of foul balls that are caught that should go foulout of play as well but I dont think there is anything that can be done about that.

Im really hoping this will add to the realism of the game, right now there are a whole lot of balls being caught that should be droping for hits, even using Kama's mod. I see alot of foul balls that are caught that should go foulout of play as well but I dont think there is anything that can be done about that.

Regrettably, I can't address that. Rod would be better to ask on that front than I would.

I'm just seeing more balls get by into the gaps, seeing the better CFs track balls down at the wall that others aren't getting (Had 2 with Biggio the other day, one that he definitely would have had with his old rating that was just out of his reach, and another that hung long enough so that he could still track it down at the wall...I'm not making guys statues, but I am affecting ranges so that you will see a difference in the players.)

This isn't just outfield, but infield as well, though the difference there is much more subtle.

GH

Again, this sounds great bud. I think many of us will enjoy this when you're ready to release it. If you need anything don't be afraid to ask. Your labor of love is appreciated.

The fielder ratings should further vary the feel of the game.

-Nick

Good idea on the fielders. Just (please) don't go overboard on the fielder ratings; it is my perception that, IRL, the difference between different fielders's range is somewhat minimal, with the exception of the truly great (Willie Mays, Andrew Jones) and the truly horrible (Jose Canseco). Do changes in fielder ratigns have any effect on simmed games?

Archived