TOTALMINORS VERSION 3 RELEASED!!!

GForce22

First things first. I'd like to thank GForce for all of his hard work, I know that I personally cannot wait for the final version of TotalMinors and it's an honour to be included (as far as ID#'s) with such a professional and complete roster set. As Gregg said, MOST of the players in Total Minors are included in my photo updates available here at MVPMods. The final 5 teams will be upload tonight and that should make the complete 30 team complete MLB AAA and AA updates finished. I am planning to update the pics as required, look for a thread I will be starting in the Works in Progress section of this forum to provide me with links or help in locating the missing players pictures so that I can include them in a future update.

Cheers, LeVeRRe

ps - Gregg, you're NY Mets photo update is on it's way to the downloads section. If I had known you were I mets fan I would have made it my top priority. Oopps.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a couple of things:

1) The FA's being deleted wasn't necessary...basically the game creates guys to fill the FA pool a bit. So that's why you see an occasional "Ty Garciaparra" or something to that effect. They aren't in the TotalMinors file itself. I MAY get around this because I plan to add a few FAs to the list (AAA guys will get booted to make room for the 10-12 guys who have seen major league time this year but are not currently in the set.)

2) I am trying to tackle the game issue of calling up 4 or 5 star prospects (Lots or Awesome star ratings) too soon. Basically, the game factors star rating into the overall rating, which would be fine except the overall rating, not current ratings, appear to be what the game uses to determine it's call-ups. The result, your 5-star pitcher in AA ball will, despite lower ratings, be given a higher "overall" bar than a big league pitcher with better ratings. The result? A pitcher not ready for big league time gets called up and shelled because the roster AI doesn't realize this and keeps him there.

I've improved the pitchers, because I can't go changing the star ratings or their progression will get screwed up. I may have to adjust star ratings for major leaguers a bit (this issue affects pitchers much more than hitters, it seems) to boost their "overall" bars and keep them from getting replaced. Hopefully there's a balance here I can find to alleviate this. Guys have said they observed it with other rosters too, which is good in that I at least know it's not just a TotalMinors issue...but it's an issue that I want to try to address.

I'm sorry if guys feel v4 is dragging. I'm just scouring the set to see any roster/game engine issues I feel I could possibly address because v4 will be it for this year, barring a catastrophe (which is what I'm trying to avoid). Gameplay and stastical accuracy has always been my focus, and it's what I'm shooting for here. Circumventing game engine issues is a pain in the ***, but it's been possible before, so I hope it will be in this case as well.

GH

Dude.........take all the time you need. I personally feel that your rosters are worth the wait. I am hoping to use v4 for my final BlueJays franchise and complete more than 20 games in a season. I hope that your still having fun doing these mods, because they make the game great. All the roster modders are amazing to take the time they do and produce great rosters. As I said, take your time..........are you doen yet? :D Have a good retirement when you're finished ;) .Later

So I just took Clint Nageotte of SEA, with a LOTS talent rating (4 of 5 stars). He has 3 pitches. The fastball obviously has 0 movement....gave his next two pitches movement of 10 (on the 100 scale). Gave all 3 control of 5 (again, out of 100), What happened to his overall bar? Still, I would say, about 60% full, better than the bars for Hasegawa and Villone, despite both having much higher current pitch ratings. THIS, my friends, is why the game's roster AI is so completely inept. Given the star rating impact, I would essentially have to cripple the top pitching prospects to prevent their being called up.

All I can do is adjust the minor leaguers down as far as I can while still keeping them rated well enough to perform decently if they get called up.

I looked briefly at Kerm's roster...how did he try and counteract this? By completely wiping out the star ratings. Nageotte was given an awesome rating (5 stars) and gets called up right away. But Blackley is given no stars. Sure, he won't get called up, but he'll also never develop. Scott Kazmir? No stars (he's also on free agents rather than a team, but that's a completely different topic). Merkin Valdez? None. Chin-Hui Tsao and Jeff Francis (top Rockies prospects)...some (2 stars). They don't get called up but they also will NEVER develop in a dynasty. That's the tradeoff, and it's one I am not willing to make...it would defeat the purpose of doing the rosters.

Hope this provides more insight into the issue. I'll try to balance the ratings as well as I can, but the top prospects will reach the majors more quickly than is ideal...it's a game engine flaw and not something I can do a whole heck of a lot about.

GH

Guest Deznuts

Hey GeForce22, I have an idea. I'm not sure if you are doing this already but how about editing the A.L. and N.L. All-Star rosters/lineups so that they are accurate for this season's All-Star Game? This really wouldn't affect your idea that the MLB lineups should only be accurate as of opening day for dynasty mode. I think this would be a great idea and could probably be done quite quickly.

Here is all the necessary information if you decide to do this...

A.L. All-Star Roster

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/allstar04/ne...tory?id=1834325

A.L. All-Star Starting Lineup:

Ichiro Suzuki CF

Ivan Rodriguez C

Vladimir Guerrero RF

Manny Ramirez LF

Alex Rodriguez 3B

Jason Giambi 1B

Derek Jeter SS

Alfonso Soriano 2B

Mark Mulder P

N.L. All-Star Roster

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/allstar04/ne...tory?id=1834323

N.L. All-Star Starting Lineup:

Edgar Renteria SS

Albert Pujols 1B

Barry Bonds LF

Scott Rolen 3B

Sammy Sosa RF

Mike Piazza C

Lance Berkman CF

Jeff Kent 2B

Roger Clemens P

Ok can anyone tell me what is wrong?I downloaded total minors v3 and downloaded the other stuff like player progression.But my problem is none of my players progressed the first year most of them went down or stayed.Alot of my AA, and AAA and some of my Mlb players went down alot like -50,-30etc.But it seems to only be the pitchers so now they have nothing with there pithches.I went to go play a game i got like 11K's in the 1st ining :shock: cause of the pitcher when he throws it i jsut goes as far as the mond and rolls down lol still counts as strike out.Now im gonna have to edit them.

Did anyone else have this problem?

ok, after the last revision, let's see what's going on:

Previously:

Scott Kazmir (void since I control the Mets)

Merkin Valdez (SF): 4-4, 4.38

Travis Blackley (SEA): 7 G, 4 GS, 3-1 3.12

Cliff Nagoette (SEA): 6-5, 3.46

Zack Greinke (KC): 4-7, 2.76

Adam Loewen (BAL): 3-3, 4.41

McCay McBride (ATL): 5-4, 4.78

Dan Meyer (ATL): 3-2, 5.47

Now:

Valdez: 10 G, 3 GS, 5.67

Blackley: 8 GS, 6.12 ERA

Nageotte: 10 GS, 4.55

Grienke: 17 GS, 3.36

Loewen: 9G, 3 GS, 4.74

McBride: Not called up, 3.50 ERA at AAA

Meyer: Not called up, 2.92 ERA at AAA

Kazmir: 17 GS, 4.40 ERA

Tsao (COL): 13 GS, 4.14

E. Jackson (LA): 6-2, 2.67

VanBenSchoten (PIT): 6-4, 3.68

Wainwright (STL): 7-6, 3.78

McGowan (TOR): 1-5, 5.47

I think this looks much better. Again, this is one season. They may be a bit better or worse in a given year (before guys start saying McGowan should be better than Kazmir or Tsao better than Wainwright, etc). But in some cases I was able to keep/delay their callups, and regardless, the results are a bit more palatable. I think this is as good as I'm going to get this issue guys. Hopefully it is good enough.

GH

Babe Ruth's 2 postion is Starting Pitcher

Greg Vaughn,Brian L Hunter and others on the Free-Agent list have retired

Herman Killibrew plays 3b not LF

Stargell first postion is LF and 2 is 1B

Emil Brown has been released by Memphis along time ago

Found a possible reason why the game engine, overall, cuts some pitcher quality through the years...changeups.

The game engine contradicts itself. The default changeup is constructed to have no movement. But the pitch's rating in the game requires it to have some movement as I outline in the pitchchart released with TotalMinors. But the progression file ALSO has the changeup based as having no movement. So what happens? A pitcher who throws a changeup has 0 movement, thus losing half the rating of the pitch, making the pitch half as effective. Now consider if the pitcher is a 2 or 3 pitch pitcher...the results could be huge.

I'm picking through the progression file, so hopefully I'll see some other things.

GH

Hey Gforce,

Awesome rosters. One quick question. What sliders do you use? I cant seem to find ones or make ones that make me stop hitting hrs. I have lowered power, pitch speed, but seem to hit too many hrs. I play on all-star level. If I try mvp level will the hrs decrease?

I have been using these sliders with Gforce's rosters and have gotten some pretty good results. They are for the xbox but some pc guys have tried them.

Njkroc's Final Slider Update for Mvp 2004 All star level

**Game Options**

Level: All-star

Camera: Pitch 5/Bat 3, fielding view: Aerial

Pitching aids: Off (except cursor: On)

Vibration: Off

**Game Tuning**

Pitch speed: -15

Pitcher fatigue: User +15 / Cpu +15

Power: User +25 / Cpu +25

Bunting: User 0 / Cpu 0

Outfield speed: User -15 / Cpu -15

Infield speed: User -15 / Cpu -15

Base running: User -15 / Cpu -15

Throw speed: User -20 / Cpu -20

Throw accuracy: User -30 / Cpu -30

Runner aggression: User -20 / Cpu -20

Injuries: All at 0

Cpu steal Rate: +50

User dive difficulty: -25

Catch errors: User +20 / Cpu +20

Steal speed: User -10 / Cpu -0

Steal Delay: User -5 / Cpu -35

Bullpen fatigue rate: -25

Bullpen fatigue grace: -25

Explanations:

Throw speeds: -20, I felt like at -25 outfielders just weren’t making the proper throws and could not make any plays at the plate. I tried -15 but the throws were too hard and did not feel realistic at all.

Throw acc: -30, I don’t like advantages at all so if I increase something I have to decrease something to sort of give balance. You will see more mistake pitches as well as wild throws. At -33 I hit 2 batters in a row so be sure to watch the red and your green bars.

Contact: -50, Imagine that there is a small gray window around the center of your bat the more you increase the contact slider the larger the window grows and vice versa. Basically with -25 or 0 contact the window is so large you can almost hit anything, you could swing up and in to pull a down an away pitch and still hit it. Now you have to aim in the direction that the ball is pitched or you will whiff.

Power: +25, With my previous setting I was not getting any lefty homeruns from the comp and this was at +20 power now at +25 Giambi is a beast make sure to read the scouting reports to see who has power at to what type of pitcher. Righties will still hit hard but instead of those 500ft mega blasts strong batters will take you to the warning track if they don’t get great contact.

Steal sliders: There is a glitch yes we know, some have seen the comp steal while others haven’t. I have only seen players with speeds of 90+ attempt to steal my sliders reflect the idea of the throw slider at -10 steal speed +10 idea. I have also set my steal delay to be the opposite of the pitch speed. This does not mean the comp will steal it’s just what I’m using.

Pitch speed: -15, I have done some testing with pitcher velocities. When pitch speed was at 0 there was 1-2 points added to the pitcher’s velocity, I used Glavine whose fast ball is 88mph but at 0 pitch speed it was 89-90. At -20 the pitch speed was decreased by 1-2 points so he was know throwing 87mph fast balls. The best setting seemed to be between -15 and -10 but when I filled up the bar to the max on -10 he threw it 89 mph. -15 gave me the most realistic pitch speed because of this and it also decreases the distance on homeruns so 500ft bombs unless your Sosa or Frank Thomas are not happening.

why you even have to use sliders is beyond me. :roll:

pitcher fatigue plus 15 cant you pitch normal and take pitches from the cpu come on . tweakin the gam makes it way less unrealistic. just play with all slider at 0 and move on. im 1-1 so far in my fantasy draft dynasty and both games have been realistic. i got the cpu to go 7 innings and threw 100 pitches finally got taken out after pinch hitter came up to hit. sliders mess with the game just play it straight up.

Hey GeForce,

I love what you've done with Total Minors. Definitely adds soooo much to the game.

I know a lot of people have asked for this, so I updated the All-Star rosters for this year through MVPEdit, thanks to guidance from Don. Are you interested in the .mep files? If so, all you'd have to do is adjust the lineups/rotations, unless you know of a way I can send you what I have. Just a thought 8)

Pretty Quiet out here at the Twins clubhouse waiting for Total Minors 4...

Jaque Jones and Tori Hunter playing "go Fish"

Corey Koskie thinking about hockey... he was a great goalie ya know...

Christian Guzman is stealing peoples things instead of bases...

Johan Santana has taken up bowling.. cuz he missed his strikes...

Joe Nathan was busy at the Allstar game shutting down the NL at least

N9ZiB9fG.jpg

lol Take your time Geforce... just posting for to pass the time away untill you release V.4

why you even have to use sliders is beyond me. :roll:

pitcher fatigue plus 15 cant you pitch normal and take pitches from the cpu come on . tweakin the gam makes it way less unrealistic. just play with all slider at 0 and move on. im 1-1 so far in my fantasy draft dynasty and both games have been realistic. i got the cpu to go 7 innings and threw 100 pitches finally got taken out after pinch hitter came up to hit. sliders mess with the game just play it straight up.

What are you talking about? I posted these for the guy asking for some sliders also I have an xbox unmodded and if you knew anything about the unmodded let me say this again unless you knew anything about the unmodded console versions you would know that it is impossible to play with the default settings.

If you have the pc then your statement would make sense because of the pc has all the updates like patch #2 and some of the great mods found on this site and a host of others. Straight out the box mvp 2004 is terrible I mean the list is so long.

1. 500+ moon shots by all righties

2. pitchers never get tired even if they are 35 fatigue guys

3. every baserunner should be on the US track team. Piazza looks like cal lewis.

4. cpu never strikes out

5. cpu never steals

6. double plays were impossible

7. avg about 16-18 hits a game

8. avg about 6 home runs a game (Tejada hits 15 mnoday night)

9. every outfielder can throw to home from the fence with feet planted

The list goes on and on and on. Now some people try to give themselves an advantage when making sliders but if you take a look my sliders are even steven no advantages for anyone.

The console version has to have sliders because of the many problems the game has and right now I am having some of the best games ever. I tweaked these sliders to be used with Gforce's roster for the consoles but since have seen some pc guys try to use them. Sorry if I came off as rude didn't mean to at all just remember not everyone on here has the game for the pc.

And if you look at the sliders the -50/+50 scale well if you plot it on a 100pt scale which would make more sense -50=0, -25=25, 0=50, +25=75, +50=100 so at default there is a 50% increase in all the sliders and this is not realistic at all.

Ahh iam having problems with otal minors. I go to play it i get to the 6 or more innings and it freezes mmy comp.I tried taking it out and it works but as soon as i put it in it freezes :banghead:

Sorry guys, I had targeted Thursday for v4 but real life interfered, and I was out of town from Friday until this afternoon. I anticipate a release in the next couple of days. I will not be releasing a new progression file yet. I'm still looking it over, trying to adjust a few things. I will release a progression file separately. Hopefully I can get to it within a week or so, before guys have wrapped up their first seasons.

Thanks for the understanding.

GH

Since a few thousand others are using the roster and nobody else has brought this up, it's something with your computer, not the rosters.

GH

Yah it is my computer sorry :oops: Cause now Call of Duty is doing this too.

Archived