The Big O's Fenway Park WIP - Night version begins

The Big O

8O 8O 8O 8O

:Drops to floor and kisses feet of Big O:

You. Are. The Master.

I hope my pictures helped! Are there any teasers of all of the grandstand/behind home plate ads I showed/outlined to you?

And could you remove that MLB logo from the grass next to the basepaths. The Red Sox logo is now dirt, and has been ever sice Varitek broke his elbow on the rubber 4 years ago.

24photo240rk.jpg

Amazing work Big O. This is as, if not more ledgendar than Ezorn's last year.

Rottz, some of your pictures made this look 200% better! Especially the monster scoreboard, if that was your picture!

Is any way to get a better green monster texture to balance out that breathtaking monster scoreboard texture?

Are you going to use Ezorn's dirt textures from last year? Those seemed a lot more realistic- the red brick dust or whatever it is.

And is there any way you can widen the warning track a bit?

:D:D:D

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big O just as a heads up on the scoreboard on the monster they added another AD next to the WB Mason ad, im pretty sure its CVS... ive been putting put signs there since two weeks before opening day, your doing a great job, just figured id let you know incase you didnt lol. take it easy bud keep up the good work.

Big O just as a heads up on the scoreboard on the monster they added another AD next to the WB Mason ad, im pretty sure its CVS... ive been putting put signs there since two weeks before opening day, your doing a great job, just figured id let you know incase you didnt lol. take it easy bud keep up the good work.

Check the screenshots- he's had it there for a while.

@ Big O;

Looking at the latest pix you linked to.... Is it me, or is the Jimmy Fund graphic missing from the top half of the wall, above the scoreboard? Maybe it's just the angles you took the screenies from, but it would seem it should be visible in a couple.... ??

What you've done with this thus far is out-freakin-standing. 8O If down the line, a "working" Citgo sign can be implemented, that'd just be the icing on the cake. :wink:

Until then, if you need anyone to *ahem* beta-test *ahem* this out...please don't hesitate to drop me a PM. 8)

Thanks for your continued efforts on making this rendition of our beloved Fenway.

B.

Is it me, or is the Jimmy Fund graphic missing from the top half of the wall, above the scoreboard? Maybe it's just the angles you took the screenies from, but it would seem it should be visible in a couple.... ??

I think it's just you...there are 3 pics on the site he linked to, and two of them clearly show the Jimmy Fund logo above the Monster. Unless they've been updated since you posted.

I too would be GLAD to beta-test this baby!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That scoreboard is getting so dang long, in the 2nd and 3rd shots in the link just above this, it seems like you should see the logo.

It is, in fact, clearly visible in the first picture.

*smacks head*

I'll just shut up now..... :oops:

Just to update you all about the Citgo sign...

I tried very hard to make this happen. I kept running into brick walls left and right getting this thing to work. I spent a long time creating the animation sequence only to see it not work in the game. So I resized and tried again and it still didn't work. I was about give up for good but I decided to give if one more shot. Well my efforts paid off, so to make things short: There will be an animated Citgo sign in the night version of my Fenway mod! :D

Now to let you know this project will be on hold until next week for I like Pirate am getting married (chicks dig stadium modders I guess :wink: ) The wedding is this Saturday so I'm taking the week off from everything to prepare. Rest assured after the wedding I will concentrate on this project to bring you guys the best Fenway mod I can.

I tried very hard to make this happen. I kept running into brick walls left and right getting this thing to work. I spent a long time creating the animation sequence only to see it not work in the game. So I resized and tried again and it still didn't work. I was about give up for good but I decided to give if one more shot. Well my efforts paid off, so to make things short: There will be an animated Citgo sign in the night version of my Fenway mod! :D

Now to let you know this project will be on hold until next week for I like Pirate am getting married (chicks dig stadium modders I guess :wink: ) The wedding is this Saturday so I'm taking the week off from everything to prepare. Rest assured after the wedding I will concentrate on this project to bring you guys the best Fenway mod I can.

sounds great! good luck and have a great wedding!

It's awesome if you get that Citgo sign to animate I played around with animating smoke out of Sanguillen's BBQ at PNC...

The stadium looks fantastic and i can't wait to play in it.

Good luck with the wedding, and yes chicks do dig stadium modders.

AMAZING! I'm glad to hear that you were able to get that sign animated.

I wasn't sure if it would really be possible.... but you're the man.8)

Hey btw... how are things going?

Pretty good, I still can't get MVP Studio to work for my unioforms, but at least the rosters have not been giving me a problem. I found a combo that works good. Now I wait for BIg O's Fenway. That sounds so weird...Big O is associated with Oriole Park, EZorn is associatred with Fenway! But so far, this looks like it will giv Ezorn's 2004 Fenway a run for his money...Big O, based on your pics so far, it looks like you've got all the details down, so I probably don't need to mention it, but the retired numbers should be 1,4,8,9,27 (all in Red Sox uniform font) and then 42 in blue in a different font. EA has 9-4-1-8-42, which is strange since that has NEVER been a combination that was up there. It was 9-4-1-8 for a while, then 1-4-8-9, then 1-4-8-9-42, then 1-4-8-9-27-42. ANYWAY, you probably knew this already; I will shut up.

Would it be possible to expand the warning track a little bit Big O? They did so last offseason, just wide enough to fit all of the trucks through. But Luchino told my Dad he wanted to cut them down a bit since they seemed a little too wide, but my Dad rejected in regards to fitting a considerable sized crane onto the field! In fact, the center field garage door will have to be cut open a few feet to fit the crane.

Would it be possible to expand the warning track a little bit Big O? They did so last offseason, just wide enough to fit all of the trucks through. But Luchino told my Dad he wanted to cut them down a bit since they seemed a little too wide, but my Dad rejected in regards to fitting a considerable sized crane onto the field! In fact, the center field garage door will have to be cut open a few feet to fit the crane.

Good call. That track is wider all the way around, not just in the outfield too.

I'd rather the working Citgo sign, if it were one or the other. :wink:

What he's done thus far is nothing short of spectacular.

I bought MVP '03 in early '04 (never got MVP '04, actually), and played a demo game for my Father In Law (who's just turned 89 yrs. old) NYY @ BOS in MVP '03.

He was amazed at the detail, and this was all default everything (long before I found this site, and knew people were modding things for these games). He mentioned it was like watching a game on TV....

I cannot wait to spring this stadium mod on him someday.... "Hey Dad...remember that baseball game I showed you a year or so ago...well, check THIS out... :lol:

He watches the Sox and Atlanta Braves on TV when there's games on....Braves? Yep....remember, he's old enough to remember them as the BOSTON Braves.

If I were to ever hit the lottery for some big $$, I'd love to rent a limo and take my In Laws into Fenway one last time (Mom is 84..85 later this year). Would you believe they celebrated their 62nd wedding anniversary in February?

Amazing.... 8O

Wow! That's all you can say.

That's back when it truly was ...till death do us part.

Indeed. Dad (@ 89) is still driving, and everything else, and if you saw him, you'd say he's 70, tops.

If I were a betting man, I'd say, barring tragedy *knocks on wood*, he'll hit 100. He's already one of those rare few who has been alive to see TWO Red Sox Championships.

I hope he gets to see a third. :wink:

I got some more work done on this. I started the RF roof seats and have completed the RF roof and the Budweiser sign. This is definately my most challenging but rewarding mod yet. I'll tell you guys who are waiting for this thing - it will be worth the wait! :wink:

fenway6.jpg.w560h448.jpg

Archived