BaseUp! Rosters 2011 VER 1.56

Gordo

One thing I have noticed over the years since I have been here that more than any other mod that is released, the rosters are the ones that people whine and cry about the most. They all seem to think they can do a better job making a roster than the people who actually make them.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should try making one for themselves to see how easy it is. I started shutting my mouth six years ago when I decided to try. Five years into it, I was still working on it. Now imagine spending five years to mod a roster, and then think about about having to update all of the attributes, cyberfaces, and stats each year for 3200+ players. I'd sure like to see someone else give it a try.

And by the way, the roster isn't the problem here. He's clearly not following the instructions. Install my facepack with this roster. If there are any errors in cyberfaces at that point, they will be minimal and we can fix them.

And by the way, the roster isn't the problem here. He's clearly not following the instructions. Install my facepack with this roster. If there are any errors in cyberfaces at that point, they will be minimal and we can fix them.

Of course he's not following instructions. This type of person never does.

Thx guys... and you're right Homer....this is why I wanted to keep my efforts MLB based. And since I wasn't satisfied with current attributes I had to come up with a quick and dirty method to get the numbers. Dylan's calc. would have been ideal, but I knew it would take forever to plug in all those numbers for all those major leaguers and I wasn't interested in not finishing until the middle of the summer. I knew I would have glitches along the way, especially with the changes to the numbers. Again, I appreciate all of the feedback and help in my attempts to bring something to the community.

The extra added bonus is that Toleton has taken a liking to the roster update and is putting efforts into a AAA update to add to the mix, hopefully in time for the AS break!!

Well, I still have a lot to learn, but one thing I do know....

Paul Janish is now by far my favorite player!!!

2z70sia.jpg

Thanks a lot daflyboys, I've just simulated an entire season with no freezing or crashing issues, and I'm very happy with the statistics I'm getting :good: . Let me share the season leaders in this simulation..:

AL:

AVG: K. Youkilis BOSTON .339

HR: J. Hamilton TEXAS 41

RBI: E. Longoria TAMPA BAY 139

SB: C. Crawford BOSTON 55

Wins: C. Sabathia NYY 22

ERA: R. Harden OAKLAND 1.87

SV: M. Rivera NYY 36

SO: C. Sabathia NYY 216

AL EAST: NYY (100-62)

AL CENTRAL: DETROIT (92-70)

AL WEST: OAKLAND (102-60)

WILD CARD: BOSTON (91-71)

NL:

AVG: T. Tulowitzki COLORADO .350

HR: T. Tulowitzki COLORADO 46

RBI: T. Tulowitzki COLORADO 144

SB: J. Reyes NYM 51

Wins: C. Hamels PHILADELPHIA 19

ERA: Z. Greinke MILWAUKEE 2.16

SV: F. Cordero CINCINNATI 45

SO: J. Johnson FLORIDA 204

NL EAST: PHILADELPHIA (88-74)

NL CENTRAL: ST. LOUIS (99-63)

NL WEST: SAN DIEGO (87-75)

WILD CARD: COLORADO (86-76)

ALCS: DETROIT defeats OAKLAND in 7 games

NLCS; ST.LOUIS defeats PHILADELPHIA in 6 games

World Series: ST. LOUIS defeats DETROIT in 7 games.

Besides Tulowitzki winning the triple crown (well, after all, it's not so far from reality :rofl:)I can't see major surprises with anything else, Ok maybe Cards-Tigers it's not the World Series everybody is expecting, but neither was Giants-Rangers last year..So..Thanks again and you did a great job with your ratings...

By the way I've checked a sample of my favorite players with Cyberfaces by Homer in the EDIT Player screen and all of them match well with your roster.

Wow... beng... that is great! Now I'm intrigued to try it myself and see what I get. I only think Hamels won a category because I f'd up his 4th pitch and put in an additional changeup when I meant cutter. Doh! I'll report the findings later.

sorry guys just wanted to help

That's understandable Al! I think part of it is the language barrier. But we all have to be on the same page .... literally!!

Things should get much quieter for you daflyboys. For some unexplainable reason, aliheredia decided to create a second MVPMods account, and he actually made a post in this topic as his alter-ego (which I've deleted). I hope he's happy with the current version of your rosters, because he won't have access to this website any longer to get updates.

Thanks,... I'm just chalking it up to ignorance.... and maybe a bit o' language barrier. Sprinkled with being over-eager.

UPDATE: I'll be changing stamina levels around for starters using Dylan's great stamina calculator. The only difference is that any pitcher ending up in the 90's will get a +2 bump and in the 80's will get a +1.

Michael Pineda Fastball 96 http://pitchfx.texasleaguers.com/pitcher/501381/

Very good find. The problem was that because we didn't have any 2010 data from the majors we missed it... or I did the input wrong. Either way a good correction for the next update (end of May). I also updated his appearance, pitch types and gave him a bit more control on each pitch type.

Plus, with all of you guys pointing out needed tweaks and changes, I think you're all really going to like this next update.

People can change attributes and roles as they want to by either editing inside the game or with MVPedit. I can't account for all moves a team makes along the way. Colon is a starter now because of Hughes being injured. The only way I will affect someone's role or standing on a MLB team is if another player has a season-ending or close to season-ending injury, not because he's on the 15 or 60 day DL.

In my next update I will include the <.mep> files which have all of the players who can be imported back into the roster if you don't like someone not included because he does have a season ending injury. But the roster will reflect MLB activity and the pitcher stamina ratings will reflect their particular roles.

And just so you guys know how I'm handling long term injuries, here is the present list I've compiled via mlb.com. Unfortunately, not all injury return projections are very finite:

2011 MLB Players Out for the Season (or due back post AS break*)

• Angels

Morales, Kendrys (1B)

• Astros

Castro, Jason ( C)*

• Blue Jays

McGowan, Dustin (P)*

• Braves

Medlen, Kris (P)*

• Cardinals

Wainwright, Adam (P)

• Indians

Crowe, Trevor (RF)*

• Mariners

Moore, Adam ( C)

• Mets

Santana, Johan (P)*; Young, Chris (P)

• Nationals

Strasburg, Stephen (P)*

• Padres

Thatcher, Joe (P)*

• Rangers

Beltre, Omar (P)*

• Red Sox

Tazawa, Junichi (P)*

• Tigers

Zumaya, Joel (P)

• Yankees

Marte, Damaso (P)*; Feliciano, Pedro (P)*; Curtis, Colin (LF)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, very soon. I am working closely with Toleton and he is helping me find lots of things to dress up and encouraging me to make this a more accurate MLB/AAA roster set. Probably what will happen for the next version is to put in the changes I've spoken of and then get the AAA slots filled as best as possible. It'll never be 100% accurate, but we'd like it to be very playable. Hopefully, something this week. Check out my posting in the preview section as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey thanks a lot for taking the time of making, and sharing this roster. I wanted something quick to update my default MVP, and with Homer's cyberfaces and portraits, everything looks and plays pretty effin' legit.

And I don't know what all you've already updated for your next version, but I've noticed something that should probably be updated. My first game with the new roster I was pitching with Fausto Carmona and noticed he doesn't have a sinker (his trademark pitch!). He usually throws a sinker around 92/93 mhp or so, and his fastball is usually around 94/95 mph but your roster has him throwing his fastball around 91, which is 1 mph difference from his changeup. I've already made the changes on my PC so he has both the 93 mph sinker, and the 95 mph fastball, but I figured I'd throw this out there so you can change it for everyone (if ya see fit).

Also, Albert Pujols has a shoe icon in your version, if I remember correctly the icon comes up at around 75 speed (?). I didn't look too much into it, but to me it felt like he was running too fast.

Anyways, I didn't come here to nit pick at your rosters, I came here to say thanks, so THANKS again!

No, I don't mind good feedback at all! Thanks for the heads up on Carmona. The problem is that I relied on FanGraphs too much, when I should have relied on PitchF/X for pitch types/speeds (and even movement).

Here's what I had to go on with Fangraphs at the time: http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=3273&position=P#pitchtype

Here's what PitchF/X gives you: http://pitchfx.texasleaguers.com/pitcher/433584/

I still am open to suggestions on how to translate the graphs to the actual movements and trajectory possible through MVPedit but it's certainly better than Fangraphs.

As far as speed. That's always been my frustration, so for the update I'm going with MLB 2K ratings for the most part.

As far as the icons, I can't help what the game itself does. Personally, I play with as little on as possible: no K zone, no hot/cold zones, no throw meters, no names, icons, etc. In fact, I'm using Kado's classic pitch meter mod and I tweaked the datafile to be very forgiving when I do since I can't see the pitch meter.

Here's what he will most likely look like:

m52fq.jpg

Yeah, going with 2K ratings makes sense, and Carmona's settings look good to me (not that you needed me to confirm, lol).

As far as the icons, I hadn't really meant that the icon itself was a big deal, more so that Pujols' speed was set high enough that the game warranted an icon (I think it gives icons around 75). I don't know, I just slowed him up a bit on my version.

EDIT: Any idea as to why playing a game vs. (or with) the Yankees would cause the game to crash? It happens in both Play Now mode and Dynasty mode. I also know it's not the stadium as I changed that a few times as well. The only updates I've installed are Homer's cyberface and portrait packs, and then your roster.

No idea. I don't typically see/use the Yankees, but I can check that out. Does it seem to happen at a particular time, like when a certain player is coming to bat or when going to the bullpen?

Re: Pujol's speed, I can see the need to tone him down. I typically use the Phillies and I could see him being in-between Howard and Polanco.

Hey my bad on the Yankees issue, I guess I should have looked into it more before asking questions. Turns out a few of my stadium files are messed up (from installation).

An update on the roster, Cleveland sent Shelley Duncan down to the Columbus Clippers and called up Cord Phelps. Cord Phelps was in the Indian's lineup in today's game and plan on using him some more to help out their offense. According to what Manny Acta said today, they plan on starting him in place of Orlando Cabrera at 2B vs right handed pitchers and have Orlando start vs left handed ones. They also plan on using Phelps to play SS if Asdrubal Cabrera needs a break.

Glad you found your glitch.... so much to keep straight. There's too much to balance on the callups and send-downs, so I tend to go by mlbdepthcharts.com and figure guys can move around whomever they want. The cpu makes strange enough moves during the season/franchise games, which is my one gripe about the game..... the cpu manager not leaving well enough alone.

Sadoval's face is 362, which is what is listed on the official ID list, so it must be your install of cybers. Vogelsong will be in the next update, most likely on the AAA team because Zito does not have an enduring injury at this point.

Glad you're liking the rosters .... I made a seperate thread regarding changing the camera angle if you want more of a World Series '98 view. I'm enjoying it.

Archived