MVP 2005 Mods for Windows 7?

CutterTML

Trying to get mods to install onto the C drive so that i can install several mods for MVP 2005 for PC

The game works on my computer BUT every time i try to install a mod (and i followed the instructions from the Word doucment) I have no clue the simple step by step that should be taken I look at the WOrd document and think im doing it right BUT when i try to extract to a certain folder for the install process it wont install any files

1. Does it make a difference if I have Windows 7 or do I have to have Windows XP????

2. Theres a NEWER version of WinZip that may make things confusing on Extracting and such..... is there a way to get around it if thats the case????

I have no answers and many questions, help is sooooooooo appreciated!!!!

I am looking at that thread right now but am getting confused

"2. Next, install a copy of MVP baseball 2005 in that directory.
C:MVP Baseball Season ModsMVP 05 Clean"
So am i to believe that i have to reinstall MVP 2005 but put it in the C: folder i called it MVP Mods aka C:MVP Mods and then make a folder called MVP 05 Clean?

You don't reinstall another copy with the discs.  What it is saying is that you install a clean, unmodded, version of the game once, install any of the official EA patches to it and then NEVER install anything on top of that original version of the game.

Whenever you want to install a conversion mod (Total Classics 10, TC1927, MVP15, etc.), you create a new folder and then copy everything (all files and folders) from your "clean" installation folder to your new folder.  You then install your conversion mod on top of that new version.

For example, I have Windows-XP and have my original copy of the game in the C:\Program Files\EA Sports\MVP Baseball 2005 folder.  It doesn't matter where you install the original version, however, if you are running Windows-7, it's best not to install it to the Program Files folder.  It's better to install it to a folder like C:\MVP Baseball 2005.

When I wanted to install Total Classics 10, I did the following:

1. I created a C:\Total Classics 10 folder
  2. I copied everything from C:\Program Files\EA Sports\MVP Baseball 2005 to C:\Total Classics 10
  3. I went to the folder where I saved the Total Classics 10 mod and ran its installer.
  4. When I was prompted to enter the folder to install the mod, I selected the C:\Total Classics 10 folder

When the installation was finished, I now had two installations -- the original, "clean", version and Total Classics 10.  I repeat steps 1 - 4 above every time I want to install a new conversion mod.

For example, I have Windows-XP and have my original copy of the game in the C:\Program Files\EA Sports\MVP Baseball 2005 folder.  It doesn't matter where you install the original version, however, if you are running Windows-7, it's best not to install it to the Program Files folder.  It's better to install it to a folder like C:\MVP Baseball 2005.

​DOes it make a difference that i ended up putting it in Program Files (kinda there by default)? If so, where should I have put it?

On Windows-7, I think it installs the game in the "Program Files (x86)" folder by default.  That should work.  I was only saying not to do that because I remember KC posting that in his post describing how best to install the game.

When I wanted to install Total Classics 10, I did the following:

1. I created a C:\Total Classics 10 folder
  2. I copied everything from C:\Program Files\EA Sports\MVP Baseball 2005 to C:\Total Classics 10
  3. I went to the folder where I saved the Total Classics 10 mod and ran its installer.
  4. When I was prompted to enter the folder to install the mod, I selected the C:\Total Classics 10 folder

When the installation was finished, I now had two installations -- the original, "clean", version and Total Classics 10.  I repeat steps 1 - 4 above every time I want to install a new conversion mod.

​so from the Zip folder of Total Classics 10 i downloaded, i have to extract the .exe to C:/MVP MODS/TC10 and run installer??? that path is where i put the Total Classics 10 "clean" version or am i missing something?

if you run the patch ( you only need to run the latest of which ever one you want to use.  so if you want 5, just install 5.. you want 4, install 4.. no need for sequence).... anyways, if you run the patch from the exe, it should ask you what folder the game is in i thought

Yankee, Jim or anyone else, can you answer my previous question? I downloaded all 5 patches but dont know where to install them to

​You do not need to install all five patches. Patches 3, 4 and 5 are roster updates and you don't need that. Install up to patch 2 in the main MVP directory.

You can only install the patches to the default version of the game.  If you have modded even one file and then try to install the patch, it will fail and tell you that you do not have the default version of the game.

Do not extract the TC10 installer to the same folder where you want to want to install the TC mod.  Extract the TC10 installer to a different folder (for example TC10_install).  When you run the installer and it asks you where to install the mod, THAT is when you specify C:\MVPMods\TC10.

Also, regarding your two consecutive messages above, please do not bump your posts to get it moved to the top of the list.  That is a violation of forum rules.  You need to be patient.  If someone has an answer to your question, they will post a response.  In addition, the site has been up and down over the last day, so that is why you didn't get an answer sooner.  

You can only install the patches to the default version of the game.  If you have modded even one file and then try to install the patch, it will fail and tell you that you do not have the default version of the game.

Do not extract the TC10 installer to the same folder where you want to want to install the TC mod.  Extract the TC10 installer to a different folder (for example TC10_install).  When you run the installer and it asks you where to install the mod, THAT is when you specify C:\MVPMods\TC10.

Also, regarding your two consecutive messages above, please do not bump your posts to get it moved to the top of the list.  That is a violation of forum rules.  You need to be patient.  If someone has an answer to your question, they will post a response.  In addition, the site has been up and down over the last day, so that is why you didn't get an answer sooner.  

​1) Got the file with the patches, found Patch 2, tried to do the application from the zip folder but it says "old file not found, however a file of the same name was found, not updated" Was I supposed to extract the .exe somehwere like my default MVP folder???

2) I undersatnd the installer instructions (BUT probably cannot do it until Patch2 is installed, or if I did it already somehow)

3) That 2 consecutive posts was not deliberate, because 1) I just wanted an answer to my problem as I wasnt sure what to do and 2) I am impatient at times cause I wanted to fix this problem get it over with AND then I can go from here and do every other mod possible. I do realize that the site was down thus why there was a delayed answer

Hopefully point 3 doesnt prevent me from receiving the proper answers

1. Extract the patch to the top level folder of your default game installation and run it from there. 

2. Don't install the mod until you've patched the game. 

3. As long as you abide by the site rules, you will get help. 

1. Extract the patch to the top level folder of your default game installation and run it from there. 

2. Don't install the mod until you've patched the game. 

3. As long as you abide by the site rules, you will get help. 

​I apologize, what do u mean top level folder is that EA Sports? MVP Baseball 2005? Something else?

I mean wherever mvp2005.exe is located. That's probably the MVP Baseball 2005 folder. 

​I have problems.... I try to extract it and it says "Cannot create C:Program Files/EA Sports/MVP Baseball 2005/mvppatch2.exe

Adminitsrative privelges might be required"

Is it Windows 7 or did i make another mistake?

​I have problems.... I try to extract it and it says "Cannot create C:Program Files/EA Sports/MVP Baseball 2005/mvppatch2.exe

Adminitsrative privelges might be required"

Is it Windows 7 or did i make another mistake?

Run the patch as administrator in order for the program to make changes to anything in the Program Files folder (which is what the patch does)

Run the patch as administrator in order for the program to make changes to anything in the Program Files folder (which is what the patch does)

​How do i set myself up to do it.... I have a feeling i would mess it up somehow.

​right click on mvp2005patch5.exe (personal taste, patch 2 is fine), select "Run As Administrator"

​No can do..... i right clicked on the exe file, nowhere did it say run as admin

I have Windows 7 if thats the problem...... dont know any1 else who has Windows 7 and has MVP Baseball on PC