TiT Error installing MVP 15 Patch 1

Slydude3129

Hey guys good to see this community is still alive and kicking. I have finally gotten MVP 15 to work, and now I want to patch it to patch 1.

So I've downloaded and installed TiT, check.

When I go to install the patch (Start TiT, select mod, start) it unpacks everything and begins to install. Everything seems to work fine until it goes to install textures and mess. Then I get an error. Which reads as follows.

Line -1:

Error: Unable to execute the external program.

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Can anyone tell me what this means and how to fix it? I am going to install MVP 05 in another folder and see if that solves it. But I'm afraid it will break my MVP 15 install.

Just a quick update, I've reinstalled MVP 05 to just the C: rather than C:/ProgramFiles and that didn't help my issue either. Samething happen the installer works up until it begins working on the textures then it gives me the error.

I am totally willing to install the patch manually but I have no idea where the files need to go. I've look through the folders and found where a few of them go. I'm assuming a quick copy paste overwrite will do the same thing that TiT does but with a bit more work. I'm willing to do that work if someone in the know could direct me as to where the files go. Two folders that look like all I need to do is copy over the folders in the install path, and then a handful of other files

I might have better luck asking the MVP 15 dev how to install the patch manually. I'm sure it will be tedious, but I'm sure it will be worth it to get it to work.

Did you install the support programs needed for TiT to function?

Would help if I knew what those were. I'm guessing you mean C++ and .netframwork. But it isn't specific and there are lots of c++ and .netframwork packs. Perhaps you could be more specific? This is a recent reformatted computer, and I know I have netframe installed because I had to find a 3.1 version before upgraded to 4.0. I also have a C++ from 2010 according to the Microsoft site.

So what other support program would I need?

EDIT: I have no idea what I did. I reinstalled netframwork 4, along with reinstalling c++, I know I had them installed before. Restarted my PC and then ran Tit. Worked without a hitch, installed everything. I don't have any idea what the patch changed, but I can ask the dude that made it what should indicate it.

This PC is going to drive me nuts. It did the same thing while trying to install MVP 15. Oh well, all is well that ends well. Thanks for your assistance G.

Edited by Slydude3129

Also, have I done something wrong? All my post need to be "approved" Its frustrating to have to wait an unspecified number of hours, for your post to actually be posted. It certainly doesn't scream welcome to the community.

EDIT: And now my post, post instantly. I swear I think my PC is having a laugh at my expense.

Edited by Slydude3129

Mine didn't start working until the 5th post. Unless there is a mod here 24/7 that reads post, it certainly inhibits peoples ability to use a forum as it is intended to be used, and again, certainly doesn't make you feel welcome.

Oh well every forums has their heavy handed ways. Can't talk about this, or that. Or can't post links to this or that.

Atleast I got TiT to work, now if only I could find an indication that the patch properly installed. I messaged the person who posted the patch, but they have not gotten back to me yet.

Edited by Slydude3129

If you DL the file and extract it to it's own folder, you can tell what more specifically is updated.  Some things, especially the roster files are going to be outdated by this point.  I'm not sure why more specifics weren't said about the update, but you can tell with some work what is updated.

Since you can extract what's in the file, you can decide piece by piece what you want to change and what you want to let alone.

Indeed they are out of date, and the forum post on patch 2 indicated that the All Star Break was when the dev was shooting for its release, and that has come and gone. I hope this mod isn't dead now........

It isn't dead, I haven't had much time to commit to modding (which is probably bad because this comes at the worst possible time, although I am working full-time outside of the site) to wrap up the second patch.

It isn't dead, I haven't had much time to commit to modding (which is probably bad because this comes at the worst possible time, although I am working full-time outside of the site) to wrap up the second patch.

Uhoh, I've been around the block enough to know that I shouldn't hold my breath for anything in the near future to happen. That is a shame to hear.

Edited by Slydude3129

Just wanted to clarify since I do want to troubleshoot:

1) When you installed TiT, the program itself will default to the 64-bit Program Files folder (as it was written in XP and 64-bit wasn't a thing yet).
Did you change this to the directory where your copy of MVP Baseball 2005 is located?
2) When you ran TiT, did you try to launch the program as an administrator (right click on the Total Installer Thingy shortcut-> Run As Administrator)?

Me?

Yes I changed the install path for TiT to the C:MVP folder I installed the game into.

I don't think XP has the option of doing that, besides I am on the administrator profile for this PC. It is the only profile for this pc.

I meant to put in my third post that I finally got it to work, I must have forgotten to do so in my excitment.

Me?

Yes I changed the install path for TiT to the C:MVP folder I installed the game into.

I don't think XP has the option of doing that, besides I am on the administrator profile for this PC. It is the only profile for this pc.

I meant to put in my third post that I finally got it to work, I must have forgotten to do so in my excitment.

Glad to know it's working properly. Any issues, let us know and I will update the installation guide accordingly.

I wish I had more information to give you on what I did in order to get it to work.

I remember .net frame required a reboot, well the installer tells you its going to reboot before changes take place. Perhaps I installed it, rebooted and then when I installed C++ I didn't and that was the issue.

But honestly though since I'm still using XP, and prefer XP, I doubt I will have anything useful to contribute, with a tutorial that takes into account more modern OSs than XP.

7 looked like a bomb had gone off. 8 they did away with the start menu, and 10 is to early to tell. Not that it matters, I can't upgrade my software past 32 bit when my hardware only runs on 32 bit. I'm hoping to get a new PC in a year or so. I bought this one in 06 to last me ten years, and it pretty much has, even though it has been abandoned for reasons I don't accept, other than the 3gb limit that is overcome by the 4gb patch to some extent. But hey progress is an unrelenting march forward or so we are told. Stand still for but a moment, and you will forever be left behind.

I wish I had more information to give you on what I did in order to get it to work.

I remember .net frame required a reboot, well the installer tells you its going to reboot before changes take place. Perhaps I installed it, rebooted and then when I installed C++ I didn't and that was the issue.

But honestly though since I'm still using XP, and prefer XP, I doubt I will have anything useful to contribute, with a tutorial that takes into account more modern OSs than XP.

7 looked like a bomb had gone off. 8 they did away with the start menu, and 10 is to early to tell. Not that it matters, I can't upgrade my software past 32 bit when my hardware only runs on 32 bit. I'm hoping to get a new PC in a year or so. I bought this one in 06 to last me ten years, and it pretty much has, even though it has been abandoned for reasons I don't accept, other than the 3gb limit that is overcome by the 4gb patch to some extent. But hey progress is an unrelenting march forward or so we are told. Stand still for but a moment, and you will forever be left behind.

Do you still use that PC for online usage? Color me shocked that it hasn't been compromised with a 0-day exploit. I'd keep the XP machine strictly offline by now.

Since you mentioned OS lineage, 7 is the logical end-game to what Vista tried to achieve with it's visual overhaul (I'm not a huge fan of Aero). 8 was the logical extension of what MS had started with the Zune interface with Metro. Windows 10 is just a mishmash of Windows 7 and 8.1 with a hint of privacy invasion. 

I'm a huge fan of Windows 8.1 though.

Do you still use that PC for online usage? Color me shocked that it hasn't been compromised with a 0-day exploit. I'd keep the XP machine strictly offline by now.

Since you mentioned OS lineage, 7 is the logical end-game to what Vista tried to achieve with it's visual overhaul (I'm not a huge fan of Aero). 8 was the logical extension of what MS had started with the Zune interface with Metro. Windows 10 is just a mishmash of Windows 7 and 8.1 with a hint of privacy invasion. 

I'm a huge fan of Windows 8.1 though.

Well there isn't any information on this rig for them to get at anymore, I formatted it two days ago. Being careful and not clicking on things you don't believe to be secure helps alot.

8 just feels cheap to me. I don't buy 3000$ rigs to run a skimpy little mobile OS, which is what 8 has always looked and felt like. I'm sure its great for those little 300$ rigs with the touch screen but I come from the generation of peoples that if you touched a screen, it might be the last mistake you ever make. I still have that problem with my phone, I sometimes spend more time getting the fingerprints off of it, than actually using it.

I guess I'm at that age where change for the sake of change no longer impresses me but kind of miffs me a bit. I never understood 8's reasons for doing away with the Start Menu. I'm one of those people who have refused to buy it strictly because of that. I see 10 has got the Start Menu back, but at the moment again it to early to tell. I guess I'm waiting for XP2 to last me another ten years. A PC to me is a huge investment. I drop alot of money into one when I get it, and I don't want it being out of date in 3 months because of a new OS. That almost happened to this rig. I remember when I bought it that Vista was still in beta, I could have gotten it then, but its Vista, even then I knew it was garbage. All these new OSs have all these bells and whistles. I just want it to run stuff, and run it well, and not be a resource hog and I also expect it to be backwards compatible. I'm not on a Playstation for a reason, because there are some older games that I still enjoy playing. And it seems with every new OS a small group of games gets thrown away because they no longer work, or take way to much work to get to working.

Hold up, I just saw a cloud fly by, and I need to yell at it while I watch Game 6 of the 1996 World Series.

Edited by Slydude3129