Epic IV: 2008 Rosters for MVP 2005

SwinginSoriano

2004 did not use a hist.dat file, in 2005 you can look at a player career stats year by year. If you want that feature as I assume you will since your 06 project is an upgrade to MVP baseball 2005 not a downgrade. You will have to import every single player's stats using lahman DB

you exported 60 teams and imported them in a fresh 05 roster? That will cause problems by doing so you changed every players internal ID#. Some fuctions within the game calls on the original player internal ID#s

plus you will have to manually delete and edit the all star rosters because all the IDs have changed (not hard)

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far I have been able to simulate a season, but the all-star teams are a problem. Does anyone here know how to go about this before I start to tinker yet again?

Could 'internal IDs' be changed? I know they player portrait/audio IDs have been changed but that is probably irrelevant.

Also, it's good that the career stats have been updated, but of course the 'season by season' stats are missing. I wonder how long it would take to use the Lahman database to update them. I presume forever because it would have already been done by now unless someone out there is already doing this.

(BTW, I think I found a way to fix the all-star teams, but don't feel discouraged to share what you all know with me. :) )

09a24a772,0 David,1 Aardsma,2 14,3 0,4 0,5 10,...........

Internal ID# is in bold, and I know for a fact some are called opon from within the game.

the new DB came out less than a week ago, I noticed it 3 days ago. So no one has had a chance yet. It take me about 5-9 seconds per player

allstar teams are easy,

http://mvpmods.com/faq/index.php?action=ar...d=14&artlang=en

I have a couple of reasons:

- This is separate from UR, I do not want to take someone else's work as well

- The priority is an accurate Major League Roster, including prospects that will have no impact with Major League play would detract from the roster in my opinion. If all prospects would be included without interfering with ML play, they would never progress to the point of usefulness anyway.

- This roster is a whole different animal from UR. UR is a total minors roster which consists of the work of many, a collaboration. This is more of an updated roster which consists of the work of one person, myself. UR is about including every player possible, mine is about updating everyone in every way including their ages.

- Anyone is free to use any version of my rosters as they please. If they want to combine it to UR, go ahead. This roster will be like getting a whole new EA roster, you will have the new game feel. But, every single minor leaguer in existance won't be there unless someone takes my roster and does that part for oneself.

- BTW, that was a triple post.

Im not trying to sound rude in anywhy, but If you remember back when MVP 2005 came out, alot of people were waiting for the URP and didnt want to use EA's original roster. Your investing SOOOOOOOO much time but for what? Im not sure how many people out here now play with EA's default rosters but Im sure its not that many.

Im not trying to sound rude in anywhy, but If you remember back when MVP 2005 came out, alot of people were waiting for the URP and didnt want to use EA's original roster. Your investing SOOOOOOOO much time but for what? Im not sure how many people out here now play with EA's default rosters but Im sure its not that many.

With all due respect to you and anyone part of the UR team, I have attempted to work with others. Before I began I asked to collaborate and when I finished I contacted Totte and there was actual discussion of merging my roster with UR 5.0. UR decided against it and they have the right to. Personally I am not a fan of minorleagues which lack progression and they were not a fan of my work. That's fine. However, it is not fair to accuse me of not delibrately trying to make a compromise or anything like that. I tried, things did not work out, but I am still confident that my rosters will have their own redeeming value because of their accuracy.

If you so choose, you can take my roster and import UR minors teams on it. No one is going to stop you. People might love you for it. Nevertheless, both UR and myself have our one visions concerning what the best roster might be and you should respect both of us for that.

In response to your question "Your investing SOOOOOOOO much time but for what?" I can say this: I understand that people find it fun to promote prospects, but I personally do not understand how it is fun to promote overrated prospects that could not actually compete in the bigs. It is fantasy land...Sure, you are free to enjoy it, but I personally enjoy an increased amount of accuracy. I am offering a vable option to people.

We will have to agree to disagree.

With all due respect to you and anyone part of the UR team, I have attempted to work with others. Before I began I asked to collaborate and when I finished I contacted Totte and there was actual discussion of merging my roster with UR 5.0. UR decided against it and they have the right to. Personally I am not a fan of minorleagues which lack progression and they were not a fan of my work. That's fine. However, it is not fair to accuse me of not delibrately trying to make a compromise or anything like that. I tried, things did not work out, but I am still confident that my rosters will have their own redeeming value because of their accuracy.

If you so choose, you can take my roster and import UR minors teams on it. No one is going to stop you. People might love you for it. Nevertheless, both UR and myself have our one visions concerning what the best roster might be and you should respect both of us for that.

In response to your question "Your investing SOOOOOOOO much time but for what?" I can say this: I understand that people find it fun to promote prospects, but I personally do not understand how it is fun to promote overrated prospects that could not actually compete in the bigs. It is fantasy land...Sure, you are free to enjoy it, but I personally enjoy an increased amount of accuracy. I am offering a vable option to people.

We will have to agree to disagree.

When the rosters are converted to the MVP 2005, and if it is ok with you and you give permission, I would love to possibly build a team of guys and make them into a total minors set. Are you using the same portriait ID's to go along with Hory's total portraits? Thanks again..... and thanks for you hard work and ideas to make "MVP 2006" a reality.

Royals_fan_16 gave me a laundry list of revamps for the KC Royals. Anyone else who want to make changes to my roster (compared to the BETA) don't be afraid to PM me or post suggestions in this thread.

These are only edits? I have a bunch. I'll PM them to you soon, if you only want edits, not CAPs. I also have Top 100 edits...

Any edit you want, send it. I'll consider it. Also, you can post them here.

-----

Good news! I fixed the All-star team and free-agent pool problem, meaning it'll likely be smooth sailing for my roster! Other than random transactions and edits, I'll just need to put in the coiniciding cyberface#s and move the birthdates up by one year. (They were moved back two to give MVP 2004 correct dates, that and to force me to doublecheck every player before completion.)

Thanks to Kraw's FAQ and my own brain. (Deleting the right, or 'wrong' internal ID's.)

When the rosters are converted to the MVP 2005, and if it is ok with you and you give permission, I would love to possibly build a team of guys and make them into a total minors set. Are you using the same portriait ID's to go along with Hory's total portraits? Thanks again..... and thanks for you hard work and ideas to make "MVP 2006" a reality.

When finished, anyone can do anything they wish with my roster. UR, an entirely new team, once my roster is released it is the property of everybody.

• 4 weeks later...

It will have a lot more changes that UR (which is in the progress of making some changes to the ratings), but of course some people feel uncomfortable with a change, and I understand that.

Any suggestions or comments would be helpful of course! I plan to keep the roster up to date with transactions, so you can see your suggestions come into affect! :)

BTW, here's the download link:

http://mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Download...details&id=2855

You really need to combine this with UR. You did alot more work with ratings in the majors and it would really be great with the minor leagues. I'm honetly dissapointed if as you say, egos are preventing this from becoming a better game for everyone. That's NOT what this site is about, and when stuff like that happens, trouble happens. You guys really need to work together and i'm sure alot of other people agree with me.

Agree with TribeTime. Definitely.

Regarding the rosters, you did a great job. Jeff Kent, Jose Cruz Jr, Dioner Navarro -- you did those guys exactly as I would.

Only problems I see are Jon Broxton doesn't have a knuckleball (replace it with a 2-seamer -- also make sure his FB tops at 97), and Jason Repko shouldn't have 70s power by any stretch (I'd say 40s are better suited).

I'll adress these points one at a time :)

I'm honetly dissapointed if as you say, egos are preventing this from becoming a better game for everyone.

Hey, I'd love that. But when I made Totte the offer, he turned it down. But, that was with a beta. Possibly if there is enough of a demand, possibly Totte will change his mind. I don't care what anyone does with this roster. Rip it into .met and .mep files, go ahead. I want this roster to benefit the MVP community as much as possible. It's Totte's and HyponoxXx's choice. They want my players? Take them. Problem is they didn't want them. I am giving full permission for my roster to be shared, I cannot make it any clearer than this.

Only problems I see are Jon Broxton doesn't have a knuckleball (replace it with a 2-seamer -- also make sure his FB tops at 97)

Sadly, I never had the joy in watching Broxton pitch, so I can only go by what I hear. :) I have heard a few say he has a knuckleball, I wouldn't have thought so because the dude is like 6'6 and 270 pounds. He just looks like he can throw 97... I can change him around a bit possibly, I won't make him top at 97 (he'd rank as high as proven pitchers like Tom Gordon lets say) but possibly I can scrap the knuckler, give him a working 2-seam, and bring his 4-seam to 94/95 mph.

As for Repko, he got low 70s power due to the ballpark he plays in, and the fact that his slugging is over .150 his batting average. Possibly I can drop his power to the high 60s.

Sadly, I never had the joy in watching Broxton pitch, so I can only go by what I hear. :) I have heard a few say he has a knuckleball, I wouldn't have thought so because the dude is like 6'6 and 270 pounds. He just looks like he can throw 97... I can change him around a bit possibly, I won't make him top at 97 (he'd rank as high as proven pitchers like Tom Gordon lets say) but possibly I can scrap the knuckler, give him a working 2-seam, and bring his 4-seam to 94/95 mph.

As for Repko, he got low 70s power due to the ballpark he plays in, and the fact that his slugging is over .150 his batting average. Possibly I can drop his power to the high 60s.

Well, if you don't scrap the knuckler then Broxton will be incorrect - not sure why someone would tell you that he did, he's a built-low-to-the-ground power pitcher. As a reliever, he touches 98 and hits 96 consistantly, as a starter he would hit 96 occassionally. And regarding Repko and "the park he plays in", I don't understand? He was on the big-league roster last season for pretty much the whole time, and he's also a strong candidate to win the 5th outfielder spot this season as well on the big club. He's not a 70s power hitter, trust me. Not close to 60 either.

I'll adress these points one at a time :)

Hey, I'd love that. But when I made Totte the offer, he turned it down. But, that was with a beta. Possibly if there is enough of a demand, possibly Totte will change his mind. I don't care what anyone does with this roster. Rip it into .met and .mep files, go ahead. I want this roster to benefit the MVP community as much as possible. It's Totte's and HyponoxXx's choice. They want my players? Take them. Problem is they didn't want them. I am giving full permission for my roster to be shared, I cannot make it any clearer than this.

BTW it crashes the mini games, only way I know how to fix it is to go over it line by line with a working copy. If you have a version that the mini games works on I will try to fix it, if you wish.

Well, if you don't scrap the knuckler then Broxton will be incorrect - not sure why someone would tell you that he did, he's a built-low-to-the-ground power pitcher. As a reliever, he touches 98 and hits 96 consistantly, as a starter he would hit 96 occassionally. And regarding Repko and "the park he plays in", I don't understand? He was on the big-league roster last season for pretty much the whole time, and he's also a strong candidate to win the 5th outfielder spot this season as well on the big club. He's not a 70s power hitter, trust me. Not close to 60 either.

I did scrap the knuckler :) That will be a change on the updated version of the roster. Also, I did lower Repko's power, but I didn't put him on Andy Phillips/Bubba Crosby form of useless levels.

BTW it crashes the mini games, only way I know how to fix it is to go over it line by line with a working copy. If you have a version that the mini games works on I will try to fix it, if you wish.

I don't have a copy that works with minigames I believe. But, if you want to fix it, I would be honored of course. :) If you want to discuss this more, just reply or PM me.

Not unless he releases a version without the use of the extra faces

It took me a while to add all the extra faces in, it'll take a while to take them out. :lol: I have not as of yet planned to take the faces out though, I may do so in the future if the demand is there. Of course, anyone out there looking for a side project is perfectly welcome to do so themselves. :wtg:

I'd make ryan howard less powerful he is still developing.

He did win rookie of the year, hit 21 bombs in half a season, is useless against lefties... Remember, the Phillies paid big time to throw Thome off the team so this guy can play. While, I am not predicting that he'll be a slam dunk elite player (I think his Ks are too high), but I tried not to be 'choosey' on which players I feel are not going to repeat their performances.

BTW: An updated roster will come out when ST starts, or earlier if I feel like it. :p

Archived