Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SwinginSoriano

Epic IV: 2008 Rosters for MVP 2005

Soriano,thanks for your effort and time!My question is why not do all the minors?If it is a time issue can you get permission to use the Ultimate Rosters,so we can have a total MLB-A roster?Thanks!

Soriano,thanks for your effort and time!My question is why not do all the minors?If it is a time issue can you get permission to use the Ultimate Rosters,so we can have a total MLB-A roster?Thanks!

I have a couple of reasons:

- This is separate from UR, I do not want to take someone else's work as well

- The priority is an accurate Major League Roster, including prospects that will have no impact with Major League play would detract from the roster in my opinion. If all prospects would be included without interfering with ML play, they would never progress to the point of usefulness anyway.

- This roster is a whole different animal from UR. UR is a total minors roster which consists of the work of many, a collaboration. This is more of an updated roster which consists of the work of one person, myself. UR is about including every player possible, mine is about updating everyone in every way including their ages.

- Anyone is free to use any version of my rosters as they please. If they want to combine it to UR, go ahead. This roster will be like getting a whole new EA roster, you will have the new game feel. But, every single minor leaguer in existance won't be there unless someone takes my roster and does that part for oneself.

- BTW, that was a triple post.

Just minutes ago, I had finished all attribute re-adjustments and player creation. I think the BETA will come out right on time. Now all I have to do is finish the career stats. No, I am not putting in 2005 Season Stats, those don't do anyone any good in Dynasty Mode anyway.

- I just finished giving every single player their updated career stats up to 2005. Doesn't take as long as you would imagine.

- All I have to do now is to set the lineups, rotations, and delete 200 or so FAs (temporarily) in order to get the FA pool under 255.

BTW, I will remind everyone again that the BETA coming out next week will be coming out on MVP 2004. I will probably upload an ALPHA version that will work on MVP 2005 for the MVP 06 Beta testers on the FTP.

- I just finished giving every single player their updated career stats up to 2005. Doesn't take as long as you would imagine.

- All I have to do now is to set the lineups, rotations, and delete 200 or so FAs (temporarily) in order to get the FA pool under 255.

BTW, I will remind everyone again that the BETA coming out next week will be coming out on MVP 2004. I will probably upload an ALPHA version that will work on MVP 2005 for the MVP 06 Beta testers on the FTP.

Are you going to PM the Beta Testers again?

Anyone can beta test the first version of my rosters, but the betas that will work with the models.big will need beta testers late this month.

The Beta roster is awaiting approval. Remember, this one only works on MVP 2004. I am in the process of making an Alpha version for MVP 2005. (For the MVP 06 team to fiddle around with.)

Leave all comments and suggestions on attributes and such here!

got it working in MVP 2005

Since you are starting with a 2004 roster, you are going to import all career stats from lahman DB for the hist.dat file correct?

I have just looked at the roster in MVP 2005, all the 2004 face type settings will need to be made before it is playable

got it working in MVP 2005

Since you are starting with a 2004 roster, you are going to import all career stats from lahman DB for the hist.dat file correct?

I have just looked at the roster in MVP 2005, all the 2004 face type settings will need to be made before it is playable

Yep. There will be much face changing but that was a part of the plan anyway. It seems as if the career stats I changed in 04 have transferred correctly so far in my alpha. Of course MVP Convert gave me trouble so I have to use a more annoying time consuming method to bring the 30 MLB teams, and their triple A teams over to a stock EA roster.

Now, if any of you guys are using the BETA or even just looking at it you can comment on the attributes. I will take your suggestions seriously.

2004 did not use a hist.dat file, in 2005 you can look at a player career stats year by year. If you want that feature as I assume you will since your 06 project is an upgrade to MVP baseball 2005 not a downgrade. You will have to import every single player's stats using lahman DB

you exported 60 teams and imported them in a fresh 05 roster? That will cause problems by doing so you changed every players internal ID#. Some fuctions within the game calls on the original player internal ID#s

plus you will have to manually delete and edit the all star rosters because all the IDs have changed (not hard)

So far I have been able to simulate a season, but the all-star teams are a problem. Does anyone here know how to go about this before I start to tinker yet again?

Could 'internal IDs' be changed? I know they player portrait/audio IDs have been changed but that is probably irrelevant.

Also, it's good that the career stats have been updated, but of course the 'season by season' stats are missing. I wonder how long it would take to use the Lahman database to update them. I presume forever because it would have already been done by now unless someone out there is already doing this.

(BTW, I think I found a way to fix the all-star teams, but don't feel discouraged to share what you all know with me. :) )

09a24a772,0 David,1 Aardsma,2 14,3 0,4 0,5 10,...........

Internal ID# is in bold, and I know for a fact some are called opon from within the game.

the new DB came out less than a week ago, I noticed it 3 days ago. So no one has had a chance yet. It take me about 5-9 seconds per player

allstar teams are easy,

http://mvpmods.com/faq/index.php?action=ar...d=14&artlang=en

I remember that thing, I guess I couldn't find the FAQs.

I'm am using your FAQ now, though I will be going to the doctor in 50 minutes.

I have a couple of reasons:

- This is separate from UR, I do not want to take someone else's work as well

- The priority is an accurate Major League Roster, including prospects that will have no impact with Major League play would detract from the roster in my opinion. If all prospects would be included without interfering with ML play, they would never progress to the point of usefulness anyway.

- This roster is a whole different animal from UR. UR is a total minors roster which consists of the work of many, a collaboration. This is more of an updated roster which consists of the work of one person, myself. UR is about including every player possible, mine is about updating everyone in every way including their ages.

- Anyone is free to use any version of my rosters as they please. If they want to combine it to UR, go ahead. This roster will be like getting a whole new EA roster, you will have the new game feel. But, every single minor leaguer in existance won't be there unless someone takes my roster and does that part for oneself.

- BTW, that was a triple post.

Im not trying to sound rude in anywhy, but If you remember back when MVP 2005 came out, alot of people were waiting for the URP and didnt want to use EA's original roster. Your investing SOOOOOOOO much time but for what? Im not sure how many people out here now play with EA's default rosters but Im sure its not that many.