Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SwinginSoriano

Epic IV: 2008 Rosters for MVP 2005

I'll adress these points one at a time :)

Hey, I'd love that. But when I made Totte the offer, he turned it down. But, that was with a beta. Possibly if there is enough of a demand, possibly Totte will change his mind. I don't care what anyone does with this roster. Rip it into .met and .mep files, go ahead. I want this roster to benefit the MVP community as much as possible. It's Totte's and HyponoxXx's choice. They want my players? Take them. Problem is they didn't want them. I am giving full permission for my roster to be shared, I cannot make it any clearer than this.

BTW it crashes the mini games, only way I know how to fix it is to go over it line by line with a working copy. If you have a version that the mini games works on I will try to fix it, if you wish.

is this going to come out for xbox?

Not unless he releases a version without the use of the extra faces

Well, if you don't scrap the knuckler then Broxton will be incorrect - not sure why someone would tell you that he did, he's a built-low-to-the-ground power pitcher. As a reliever, he touches 98 and hits 96 consistantly, as a starter he would hit 96 occassionally. And regarding Repko and "the park he plays in", I don't understand? He was on the big-league roster last season for pretty much the whole time, and he's also a strong candidate to win the 5th outfielder spot this season as well on the big club. He's not a 70s power hitter, trust me. Not close to 60 either.

I did scrap the knuckler :) That will be a change on the updated version of the roster. Also, I did lower Repko's power, but I didn't put him on Andy Phillips/Bubba Crosby form of useless levels.

BTW it crashes the mini games, only way I know how to fix it is to go over it line by line with a working copy. If you have a version that the mini games works on I will try to fix it, if you wish.

I don't have a copy that works with minigames I believe. But, if you want to fix it, I would be honored of course. :) If you want to discuss this more, just reply or PM me.

Not unless he releases a version without the use of the extra faces

It took me a while to add all the extra faces in, it'll take a while to take them out. :lol: I have not as of yet planned to take the faces out though, I may do so in the future if the demand is there. Of course, anyone out there looking for a side project is perfectly welcome to do so themselves. :wtg:

I'd make ryan howard less powerful he is still developing.

He did win rookie of the year, hit 21 bombs in half a season, is useless against lefties... Remember, the Phillies paid big time to throw Thome off the team so this guy can play. While, I am not predicting that he'll be a slam dunk elite player (I think his Ks are too high), but I tried not to be 'choosey' on which players I feel are not going to repeat their performances.

BTW: An updated roster will come out when ST starts, or earlier if I feel like it. :p

You should definately convert these to consoles.

That's true, if Howard just hits 35 bombs a season for the rest of his career he'll be a great player. Possibly when he progresses, he'll be able to handle lefties.

You're still talking about Ryan Howard, right?

If I make Howard any worse, he does run the risk of being surpassed by Jon Lieber in the overall rating. Lieber is rated so highly because of the control on his pitches.

I'll see what I can do, but it won't be anything extreme.

edit: I got Howard down to 87 contact, 89 power versus righties, but anything else will rate Jon Lieber higher.

hey ss...love your rosters. i think they are a lot more accurate than UR's as far as ratings and lineups go (if andruw jones hit .267 last year, his contact shouldnt be in the 90's...but his power should...and you nailed that). a few things i did notice during a game with the braves...smoltz fastball peaked @ 90. i know he's getting older, but his fb should still peak around 97, maybe 98 if it's a perfect pitch. i'm not sure if his other pitches need to be adjusted (speed wise at least)...i'm not sure how quick his slider is...but i know the fastball needs a little work.

also, giles stance has been changed. his stance should be "giles". i'm not sure if it's named after him or brian, but they have the same stance. he's too hunched over the plate as of now...at least i think so.

that's what i have so far. i'll play more with these later...i'm hoping to convince my league to adapt these instead of UR as the league rosters. thanks.

There are alot of stances that are a little odd but we'll have to really wait for the season to check that out. Jhonny Peralta shouldn't be such a large body type.

I'll take these one point at a time!

a few things i did notice during a game with the braves...smoltz fastball peaked @ 90.

That's a problem in MVP 2005. In my roster, I think I put Smoltz's 4 seam at 92, so as a player you can make it top out at 93. When the CPU pitches, they tend not to fully-charge their pitches. Resulting in slower fastballs and faster and flatter change-ups and curveballs. Probably is an unexistant problem on higher difficulty levels but I suck so I'll never know!

also, giles stance has been changed. his stance should be "giles". i'm not sure if it's named after him or brian, but they have the same stance. he's too hunched over the plate as of now...at least i think so.

Giles does have the Giles stance, (Brian Giles, though Brian has a lot more open of a stance in real life) and it does make Marcus hunch over too much. Any suggestions? Popular consensus is that he should use the regular Giles stance.

There are alot of stances that are a little odd but we'll have to really wait for the season to check that out. Jhonny Peralta shouldn't be such a large body type.

I watched so much video... I guess everyone sees stances differently. I'll give a check to Jhonny's body type, I haven't seen it because I am playing a NL (Washington) dynasty.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, they will be implemented!

i see what your saying about the computer and their power...but i was controlling smoltz...and going all the way at the end of the power meter and hitting it right on green sometimes...and i'd still get 90. and i trust your research soriano, but let me know where you got info about smoltz fastball being in the low 90's. i thought it was still mid-high 90's...but i could easily be wrong. thanks.

oh and as far as giles...i'll mess around and see what i can find.