Epic IV: 2008 Rosters for MVP 2005

SwinginSoriano

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just tried Yanks vs Royals on owner mode, April 12th, and it worked fine. Possibly it is only with other teams, possibly it's an unrelated issue.

If anyone else is continually getting these problems. Please report them in this thread, though I sure as hell don't know what I can do about it.

Help... My game is crashing when I use your rosters... installed by the directions and things seemed to be going well until I loaded the rosters in the game and tried to play... explain what you mean by mvp 06 and ea 2005 versions... versions of what ? email me if you'd like...farkwhar@charter.net... would really love to use this since MVP went college... what a rip by the way... I have bought this series all the way back to the first triple play of the mid 90's... thanks for your help ahead of time...

Help... My game is crashing when I use your rosters... installed by the directions and things seemed to be going well until I loaded the rosters in the game and tried to play... explain what you mean by mvp 06 and ea 2005 versions... versions of what ? email me if you'd like...farkwhar@charter.net... would really love to use this since MVP went college... what a rip by the way... I have bought this series all the way back to the first triple play of the mid 90's... thanks for your help ahead of time...

- EA 2005 version is a version without modded cyberface #s put in, use this if you didn't download MVP 06

- MVP 06 version you can use if you did download MVP 06. Using the wrong one will make it crash!

tested 05 with 100% EA default plus your 05 roster

tested 05 with 99% EA default/w models.big from 06 plus your 06 roster

on 3 different computers

2 dell 400sc's

1 toshiba laptop

Let me clarify, this happens on April 12th on owner mode right? If that is the case, it worked fine on my machine. Are there any other variables? Thanks again for the help.

The PS2 rosters would be the same as the PC ones I believe, I don't own a PS2 so I can't tell you how much they crash or anything like that. So far I have not had a lot of complaints about crashing. Before I released the 2005 version (before only an 06 version existed), my PMs were flooded with peoples' complaints of crashes. I'm not getting any now.

the roster will act 99% the same on the consoles as they will on the PC (with a default EA setup)

only the hist.dat file differs from the PC and console versions

what I do it put the roster dat file on a burnd game disc, once the game is loaded I save the roster

I then use a save game device to grab that save

I do not edit or change the roster in any manner

the PS2 version is tricky in the fact the game disc logs the LBA location of all files, the new roster dat file are different in size. I have to change the LBA location or the game will not load

Hey Soriano, love the rosters.

Just want to throw out some suggestions.

Pedro Martinez's 4-seam velocity should be around the 91-93 range.

Franklyn Gracesqui is missing from your rosters. I can't seem to find him. He should be in Baltimore's bullpen.

Joe Borowski's 4-seam velocity should be in 88-89 range, not 86. And he should have a slider added.

Thanks.

Hey Soriano, love the rosters.

Just want to throw out some suggestions.

Pedro Martinez's 4-seam velocity should be around the 91-93 range.

Franklyn Gracesqui is missing from your rosters. I can't seem to find him. He should be in Baltimore's bullpen.

Joe Borowski's 4-seam velocity should be in 88-89 range, not 86. And he should have a slider added.

Thanks.

Okay.

Pedro's velocity was 88 mph because his velocity fell off the cliff with the Mets, sometimes it was as low as 84. If Pedro continues to be a finesse pitcher, he'll probably throw at about 88. That and when I watched Pedro pitch for the Mets on TV last year a good fastball seemed to hit 88 for him. And now with him having toe problems his days of blowing away batters may be behind them. Though of course, his changeup and curveball were still able to give Pedro 217 Ks in 2005.

If Franklyn Gracesqui makes the Baltimore bullpen then they may be in big trouble. He seems to be coming off injury and heading into a journeyman's career. I may create him because he may have 3 or so innings in a short stint in the bigs.

Thanks for the suggestions.

hey SS...a few more braves updates. first off, i love the ratings...i think they are researched and realistic. there are issues with the batting order. i'm not sure if you've spent a lot of time with them or not...but the braves order should look something like

giles

renteria

c. jones

a. jones

franc

laroche

langerhans

mcann

and this is pretty much agaisnt L or R pitchers at this point. it's still unsure if anyone is going to platoon at 1st or LF with Laroche or Langerhans...so they may be everyday starters. pm me if you have any braves questions or need some braves research done.

also...there are a few players with like the clear oakley glasses...but there shouldnt be any. i'm not sure of anyone on the braves that wears them.

Lineups will be readjusted for the opening day release, hopefully ESPN.com or SI.com (the best kept secret for baseball news on the internet) will release opening day projected lineups and rotations for all of us to see.

The lineups may be getting a little outdated at this point though, they were created in early-mid January and have only been tinkered with from there. By opening day, they will be readjusted, though I'd imagine many teams still remaining mostly the same.

Soriano thanks for your hard eanned time with rosters. When making 2006 rosters is it possible to mod them for mvp 2006 xbox? When making xbox mvp 2006 rosters for mvp 2005 please make them action replay xbox accesable. Thanks.

Archived