Epic IV: 2008 Rosters for MVP 2005

SwinginSoriano

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SS, thanks for the reply. I may try it anyway and backup my original files. Regarding the .sav file, I've come across probably 2 or 3 other users here who had the same problem I had and using the .mbe or database seemed to solve the problem.

Also, I know you didn't convert the console versions, but I wonder if the console versions of your roster were made using the .sav file and that's why they are still having problems with your roster. Someone PM'ed me today with this problem on the PS2 version and turning CPU trades off didn't help. I told him he was probably out of luck unless someone re-converts your roster using the other files, if possible.

Pat

hey is there anyway i can get v2.0 with the opening day rosters?

yes. first u take the SS rosters and put them in the game. then u go in to the game and save the roster. next, u put the UR in the game. u now have UR as the default and SS in the .sav format. :D

So, wouldn't DiNardo be a spot starter? You should maybe just up his stamina a little bit and make him a starter. Same thing with Rick Bauer in Texas, they are using him as a spot starter also, maybe he can have his stamina upped and made a starter too. Totally up to you.

Dewon Brazelton out of the rotation in San Diego. Clay Hensley will move into the rotation. You might want to change him into a starter.

Also, minor call up in San Francisco. Lance Niekro was put on the bereavement list and INF Travis Ishikawa was called up, did not see him in the rosters.

One more thing, are you going to leave Elmer Dessens as a starter? I think his starting pitching days are over.

So, wouldn't DiNardo be a spot starter? You should maybe just up his stamina a little bit and make him a starter. Same thing with Rick Bauer in Texas, they are using him as a spot starter also, maybe he can have his stamina upped and made a starter too. Totally up to you.

Dewon Brazelton out of the rotation in San Diego. Clay Hensley will move into the rotation. You might want to change him into a starter.

Also, minor call up in San Francisco. Lance Niekro was put on the bereavement list and INF Travis Ishikawa was called up, did not see him in the rosters.

One more thing, are you going to leave Elmer Dessens as a starter? I think his starting pitching days are over.

I'll take all of these suggestions seriously. I'm not sure which ones I'll implement as of yet though.

Via PM, it was 'confirmed' to me that dynasty mode doesn't crash with the use of the database folder. (That method of installation for the roster.)

Of course, I bet it'll still screw up for other people. :?

From now on, I'll have the .sav file as a separate download. If you like it, and it doesn't crash, go ahead. But people seem to be discouraged after one crash, I just don't want people giving up on my roster because they don't want to try another method of installation. :(

Also, this may be the last release of the outmoded 'MVP 06' edition of the roster, by now I think enough people have the new Big Schmooz models.big if they have already been able to download the huge MVP 06 mod. After this, there will only be what we know as "standard" and "plus". All to help ease peoples' confusion. :)

got that.

A new roster will be coming out on Sunday, I'm sure you all are very excited. :p (Even Sendy Rleal got totally updated, isn't that worth it on its own? :lol:)

Will you be updating the PS2 roster as well? Can you possibly check it to see if it will sim past the April 12th date? Thanks

hey guys i need help when i run the roster in owner mode it freezes after i sim 6 games with the oakland a's but with every other team i use with the rosters in owner mode does not freeze after six games.

So like when i go to the schedule in owner mode with the A's and try to sim the first 10 games it freezes after the sixth..... any help guys?

Dear Soriano

Good Morning.

Would you please email me 2006 roster in open season???

I am playing MVP 2004.

MY EMAIL : teast77@yahoo.com.tw

Thanks for help :D

Rick

Last year, my 2005 rosters for MVP2004 known as "epic.mbe" provided everyone with accurate, re-attributed, and enhanced rosters for MVP2004. There was 2000+ downloads and many were happy until they got MVP2005! This year is different though, there will be no MVP2006. Sure there will be the NCAA MVP 2006, but obviously no game for Major League Baseball. Since the game won't comeout, we must make it right here. I will do my small part by releasing a full 2006 set of rosters, which I guarentee, will be a completely finished product by the start of Spring Training in February.

Updated 1/8

My roster will inlcude:

- ACCURATE rosters for all 30 MLB teams, including minor league invites and prospects from teams' 40-man rosters (done)

- Revamped player attributes (done)

- Adjusted player heights and weights (done)

- Accurate wristbands, glove colors, socks, and more! (Providing a picture or video exists of that player) (done)

- Correct batting stances (with the help of mlb.com's videos and my very own Batting Stance reference sheet which is available in the MVP2004 Misc. section of downloads) (done)

- Adjusted pitching motions and correct pitches. (Thanks to mlb.com's videos and the 162+ games I watch every year!) (done)

- Adjusted birthdates for CORRECT AGE (will 'unadjust' birthdates if a good 2006 Schedule is made.) (done for 2004 beta version)

- Updated Career Statistics (DONE )

- Adjusted hot and cold zones, miss-take-chase, and defensive positioning numbers (done)

- Updated lineups, rotations, and ballpark intensity factors (Only lineups remain...)

- Updated contracts (done)

- Correct managers (done)

- Other stuff I forgot to mention here.

It's a hell of an undertaking, it takes all of my leisure time, but it's worth it. I did it last year and I'll do it again! I hope we can keep this game alive for another year, EA has given us a great game and it is up to us to keep playing it until another great game hits the PC.

Here are the 'deadlines':

- January 15th: Beta 2006 roster for MVP 2004 due.

- February 20th: First Edition for 2006 rosters for MVP 2005

- Throughout February-March: Adjustments to the rosters, any glitch (if any) fixes, changes by suggestions implented

- Opening Day: Opening Day 2006 edition for MVP2005!

- The first MVP 2005 playable version of this roster will be released with the future MVP 06 patch.

Finished rosters will include the .mbe file, .sav file, .dat files, and instructions on how to 'install' them. (I still get tons of emails from people asking me where to put these files...)

Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way including:

- Thug4Life

- Craig Truglia, my genius brother who doesn't play MVP yet helps me anyway

- And everyone who gave me their constructive criticism earlier this year so I can perfect my 2005 roster and learn everything I needed to know about MVPedit. (No more curveballs breaking the wrongway, though that gave many a mega-advantage during online play. ;) )

Will this have updated potraits?

Rosters do not do anything with your portraits.big, just be patient and Hory will eventually release updated portraits. MLB 'screwed' people over this year and tons of the pictures are a year old.

hey guys i need help when i run the roster in owner mode it freezes after i sim 6 games with the oakland a's but with every other team i use with the rosters in owner mode does not freeze after six games.

So like when i go to the schedule in owner mode with the A's and try to sim the first 10 games it freezes after the sixth..... any help guys?

Try these two things:

- Take CPU trades off

- Copy and paste a roster using the database folder, instead of the .sav file. The .sav file has been causing people problems.

Different computers do different things sadly.

Dear Soriano

Good Morning.

Would you please email me 2006 roster in open season???

I am playing MVP 2004.

MY EMAIL : teast77 @ yahoo.com.tw

Thanks for help Very Happy

Rick

Sadly, the furthest I ever went for a MVP 2004 was the beta version. (Which you can find in the MVP 2004 download section.) There was simply no demand, or time for that matter. It was a pain in the *** to get the 2005 version working, but at least some people are wreaping the benefits of my bug fixing. :p

INF Martin Prado called up from AA to Atlanta's roster.

P Joe Nelson called up from AAA to Kansas City's roster.

By the way, do you mind me pointing out these call-ups? Were you not going to create these guys if I hadn't mentioned them? Just wondering what your thoughts were on rookies being called up, even if they are just being called up for an injured player. 8)

I have no problems creating callups who play at the major league level.

Cool. 8)

Will you be doing individual player updates too (Stats and stances, deliveries), maybe during mid-season or the All Star break, or just update players sporadically throughout the season? I can help you out some, if needed.

By the way, two more call-ups before the roster release tommorow...

P John Rheinecker TEX

OF Ryan Spilborghs COL

Archived