Epic IV: 2008 Rosters for MVP 2005

SwinginSoriano

The only way to add single season stats for me would be through MVPedit, UR had the luxury of having them done by a third party.

I actually did it myself :wink:

I just got some help with importing batting stats vs. Righties and Lefties.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually did it myself :wink:

I just got some help with importing batting stats vs. Righties and Lefties.

Really? Must have tooken forever.

But I do remember a file coming out where you copied and pasted files into the database folder in which updated UR's Left vs Righty splits in order to have the 2005 season stats. I can't find the thing for some reason. Not a biggie. Was that file the 'help'?

There is a glitch with ur rosters. I loaded them, and now everytime I sim or play past the april 12th date, it freezes. any solutions?

Some people had experienced this. While it is possible you installed the wrong roster, some people have felt they could get past this glitch by taking CPU trades off or something like that. I never had this problem so I have no idea how to allieviate it. :(

Really? Must have tooken forever.

But I do remember a file coming out where you copied and pasted files into the database folder in which updated UR's Left vs Righty splits in order to have the 2005 season stats. I can't find the thing for some reason. Not a biggie. Was that file the 'help'?

I took me a weekend 8O

I don't recall having moved any files into the database folder to update Lefty vs. Righty splits...are you sure about that?

Few things to help you out Soriano...

Change Chris Bootchenck (ANA AAA) to Chris Bootcheck

Change Freddie Byrnum (CHC) to Freddie Bynum

Hanley Ramirez (FLA) only swings Righty, not a switch hitter.

Just a few guys who have been called up you might want to create.

Peter Moylan P - ATL

Chris Britton P - BAL

Tony Pena Jr. INF - ATL

Casey Daigle P - ARI

What are you going to do with Johnathan Papelbon by the way as far as him being a starter or reliever and stamina wise?

Change Chris Bootchenck (ANA AAA) to Chris Bootcheck

Change Freddie Byrnum (CHC) to Freddie Bynum

Hanley Ramirez (FLA) only swings Righty, not a switch hitter.

Just a few guys who have been called up you might want to create.

Peter Moylan P - ATL

Chris Britton P - BAL

Tony Pena Jr. INF - ATL

Casey Daigle P - ARI

What are you going to do with Johnathan Papelbon by the way as far as him being a starter or reliever and stamina wise?

Will be fixed by the next release!

I may also change Papelbon around as well, since he is becoming a full-time closer I may just convert him into just that.

Thank you very much man!

Just a question to ask the three people who frequent this thread :lol:, what would you prefer?

- Weekly releases of the roster.

- Twice a month / Every two weeks.

I'm personally for the latter, but if you guys are into constant releases I could do that easily.

Just running it by you all!

Does a player's stamina have much to do with how they behave in the game?

ie you make a guy a relief pitcher, but leave him with high stamina, if he is also a starting pitcher sometimes. Will the computer switch him to starter just because he has high stamina or something?

If not, I would think that

low stamina = a player that is only a reliever

high stamina = players that only start, or that can start or close.

Every two weeks should be fine.

Another call up...

Saul Rivera P - WAS

Alexis Gomez OF - DET

Thanks again!

ie you make a guy a relief pitcher, but leave him with high stamina, if he is also a starting pitcher sometimes. Will the computer switch him to starter just because he has high stamina or something?

If a player is a RP, the computer will never put him into the rotation. However, SPs seem to clog up bullpens at will.

Next time I revamp ratings, I'm going to have to aggressively figure out a way to boost relievers' ratings in order to prevent exile to AAA. Any ideas? :p (This time around, I just boosted relievers' control slightly while penalizing starters, however I feel I need a better system next time.)

Just a question to ask the three people who frequent this thread :lol:, what would you prefer?

- Weekly releases of the roster.

- Twice a month / Every two weeks.

I'm personally for the latter, but if you guys are into constant releases I could do that easily.

Just running it by you all!

two weeks is good. ss you going to apply those rating adjustments i talked you about a while back? i still have the message saved in my outbox if you need me to resend it.

Sorry, I was replying to you Shugknight.

Tried it, and it still froze on me. I even did it with Owners mode, thinkin its just a glitch in Dynasty. but no luck..

SS, is there anyway you can re-upload the file again? And possibly check for errors? I have found that ur rosters are pretty accurate, in terms of rating changes and such. Thanks in advance!

I am currently using Swinging Soriano's rosters v1.4 from March 20 in my dynasty. I would like to install the most recent version of BigSchmoozes Umachines uniforms, dated April 10. If I do install this, will I still be able to play my current dynasty w/ out any problems? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Pat

There may be some problems if you use a new models.big within a dynasty.

However, all newer version of my rosters come with a file compatible with the newest models.big!

----

Lastly, someone reported to me that it is the .sav file giving them problems, not the database. Just need some confirmation here, if the .sav is shot then I may not include it in feature downloads. It's included as a 'convenience' but if people don't know how to avoid problems, I could do everyone and myself a favor by not including it!

Archived