Modding Questions? Ask Them Here.

giantjeff

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

How do you guys here make programs like LOCLook and MVPEdit? How do you find out how the program writes the information to the different files?

neither of those were made here, contact the original makers. All your questions can be easily answered if you take the time to look a little.

neither of those were made here, contact the original makers. All your questions can be easily answered if you take the time to look a little.

Well, am I improving a little? Instead of posting a new thread, I posted in an already-made thread instead...

Also, I meant MVP2005 Editor, not MVPEdit.

Also, loclook says it was "NOT made by FuzzOne."

Is that being sarcastic?

Also, loclook says it was "NOT made by FuzzOne."

Is that being sarcastic?

I did that :)

It is a long long story, that does not need to be rehashed.

MVPedit was made using VB 6, if creates a database file from the roster.dat files. The gui pulls the info from the DB and lets you change values in that DB

Loclook was also made using VB 6

Who made loclook? How did you decode how MVP Baseball encrypted the text? (If you open it with Notepad/Wordpad, you get like junk.)

Also, how do you organize the data using VB 6 from roster.dat?

Btw, kraw, as mentioned in my other thread, I think I'll program in VB instead of MinGW...I think it's a lot easier...although there's dependencies...

And what would be the point of VB or any programming language for here? There's not many mods that you can make using them...

A) Use vb.net, it's a lot smoother, and tends to be the language of choice nowadays.

B) Roster.dat is not a "junk" file.

C) Use one of the sorting algorithims you may know to organize (if I am understanding what you mean by organize the data).

D) If I misunderstood, then what you may mean is how to get the data in each column, and for that I would say sort around "," and I think in vb.net is split(). It splits the string around the comma in this case.

A) Use vb.net, it's a lot smoother, and tends to be the language of choice nowadays.

B) Roster.dat is not a "junk" file.

C) Use one of the sorting algorithims you may know to organize (if I am understanding what you mean by organize the data).

D) If I misunderstood, then what you may mean is how to get the data in each column, and for that I would say sort around "," and I think in vb.net is split(). It splits the string around the comma in this case.

a. I am using vb.net (i'm experimenting with it)

b. I wasn't saying roster.dat looks like "junk". I said the loc files do, when you open with notepad....so how did they figure out how to read the loc files?

c,d. How do you separate everything in the file with splice? That's really hard to do...

No clue about loclook.

Anything that can be done with a gui, should (IMO) be done with vb.net. It's a very nice and simple language to code in, and it gives you everything you need, in terms of file manipulation. I don't know what mods you have in mind, but what you asked is very very vague, and I don't know how to answer it well.

well, do u have any ideas of any mods that haven't been already made on this website that would be worth having (using vb.net)?

cuz...most ppl just want uniforms and stadiums, and stuff like that...

how would vb.net help?

I'd be working on em. In short, it wouldn't. You did something that people seemed to like, and you could have used vb.net, that's all I can say on how vb.net would help. Just take some time and try to think of something that you would like to see improved in the game, and then just think about how you can code it.

well, do u have any ideas of any mods that haven't been already made on this website that would be worth having (using vb.net)?

cuz...most ppl just want uniforms and stadiums, and stuff like that...

how would vb.net help?

I don't know if you could do this, but here goes:

A Stadium Editing tool that could:

-utilize ord2o.exe and o2ord.exe to easily turn a .ord and .orl file into a .o file and back (this would also be helpful for cyberface makers, so we wouldn't have to keep creating .bat files)

-automatically generates mip-maps in the stadium's cram32.fsh file (when you edit an image, it also resizes it and creates all the needed mipmaps and the alpha images to go with them)

-edits the index.fsh file contained in the cram32.fsh so that you can easily resize an image

I'm kinda confused...could you dumb it down a notch for me? I haven't done stadium editing yet...so i don't know anything about stadiums...and .o files...but i'll keep this suggestion. And what are the "mip-maps"? I should learn more about stadium modding first, should i? and what are (And where do u get) ord2o.exe and o2ord.exe?

I know that ronmexico will probably take this idea, but could you possibly reserve it for me when I start learning about it?

And...any other suggestions for applying vb.net?

I'd be working on em. In short, it wouldn't. You did something that people seemed to like, and you could have used vb.net, that's all I can say on how vb.net would help. Just take some time and try to think of something that you would like to see improved in the game, and then just think about how you can code it.

so i would be better off with cyberface/stadium modding...that kind of stuff?

I'm kinda confused...could you dumb it down a notch for me? I haven't done stadium editing yet...so i don't know anything about stadiums...and .o files...but i'll keep this suggestion. And what are the "mip-maps"? I should learn more about stadium modding first, should i? and what are (And where do u get) ord2o.exe and o2ord.exe?

I know that ronmexico will probably take this idea, but could you possibly reserve it for me when I start learning about it?

No, go ahead, I don't mind at all, hell, I barely understand it =D

so i would be better off with cyberface/stadium modding...that kind of stuff?

I'm not suggesting anything, just find something that you want improved in the game. I didn't like the progressions, I found where they were, and I like the game more now, cause I can play a dynasty without talent running out, since I like to play long dynastys. Do whatever makes you happy, whether it's something that won't help you in your game, or something that you wanna see improved.

search for Pirate's O-Edit tutorial in the downloads section. That should help you out a lot. If you still have trouble understanding, let me know.

If you could put a program like I suggested together, I would be truly amazed

also, if you don't feel like doing this, it's ok. Do you have any photoshop skills? We could really use another quality cyberface maker.

I'm a beginner at all this modding stuff...I don't really know how to use photoshop well...are there any quality tutorials on photoshop, or should I read a cyberface tutorial instead?

Also, about the stadium program...would it have to include a stadium editor too? Or just those 3 extra features?