Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
giantjeff

Modding Questions? Ask Them Here.

well, do u have any ideas of any mods that haven't been already made on this website that would be worth having (using vb.net)?

cuz...most ppl just want uniforms and stadiums, and stuff like that...

how would vb.net help?

I don't know if you could do this, but here goes:

A Stadium Editing tool that could:

-utilize ord2o.exe and o2ord.exe to easily turn a .ord and .orl file into a .o file and back (this would also be helpful for cyberface makers, so we wouldn't have to keep creating .bat files)

-automatically generates mip-maps in the stadium's cram32.fsh file (when you edit an image, it also resizes it and creates all the needed mipmaps and the alpha images to go with them)

-edits the index.fsh file contained in the cram32.fsh so that you can easily resize an image

I'm kinda confused...could you dumb it down a notch for me? I haven't done stadium editing yet...so i don't know anything about stadiums...and .o files...but i'll keep this suggestion. And what are the "mip-maps"? I should learn more about stadium modding first, should i? and what are (And where do u get) ord2o.exe and o2ord.exe?

I know that ronmexico will probably take this idea, but could you possibly reserve it for me when I start learning about it?

And...any other suggestions for applying vb.net?

I'd be working on em. In short, it wouldn't. You did something that people seemed to like, and you could have used vb.net, that's all I can say on how vb.net would help. Just take some time and try to think of something that you would like to see improved in the game, and then just think about how you can code it.

so i would be better off with cyberface/stadium modding...that kind of stuff?

I'm kinda confused...could you dumb it down a notch for me? I haven't done stadium editing yet...so i don't know anything about stadiums...and .o files...but i'll keep this suggestion. And what are the "mip-maps"? I should learn more about stadium modding first, should i? and what are (And where do u get) ord2o.exe and o2ord.exe?

I know that ronmexico will probably take this idea, but could you possibly reserve it for me when I start learning about it?

No, go ahead, I don't mind at all, hell, I barely understand it =D

so i would be better off with cyberface/stadium modding...that kind of stuff?

I'm not suggesting anything, just find something that you want improved in the game. I didn't like the progressions, I found where they were, and I like the game more now, cause I can play a dynasty without talent running out, since I like to play long dynastys. Do whatever makes you happy, whether it's something that won't help you in your game, or something that you wanna see improved.

search for Pirate's O-Edit tutorial in the downloads section. That should help you out a lot. If you still have trouble understanding, let me know.

If you could put a program like I suggested together, I would be truly amazed

also, if you don't feel like doing this, it's ok. Do you have any photoshop skills? We could really use another quality cyberface maker.

I'm a beginner at all this modding stuff...I don't really know how to use photoshop well...are there any quality tutorials on photoshop, or should I read a cyberface tutorial instead?

Also, about the stadium program...would it have to include a stadium editor too? Or just those 3 extra features?

With a few new members looking to learn how to mod,I have decided to open up this thread, as a way to keep all questions in one spot.

Enjoy.

What's a good tutorial for Photoshop? Because I want to learn it thoroughly for something like cyberface modding or something like that.

-automatically generates mip-maps in the stadium's cram32.fsh file (when you edit an image, it also resizes it and creates all the needed mipmaps and the alpha images to go with them)

dds photoshop plug-in and gfshmgr does that

or fshimage and gfshmgr does that

Well, do you mean there's no just one tutorial to teach you all the tools? The only way I can learn is to make different objects in Photoshop?

Trial and error is the best way. Have a blast goofing around with all the different tools. But a lot of the Google tutorials will help out.

dds photoshop plug-in and gfshmgr does that

or fshimage and gfshmgr does that

So I just work on this:?

-utilize ord2o.exe and o2ord.exe to easily turn a .ord and .orl file into a .o file and back (this would also be helpful for cyberface makers, so we wouldn't have to keep creating .bat files)

-edits the index.fsh file contained in the cram32.fsh so that you can easily resize an image

OK. Thanks. Sorry for so many questions, but do you know whether learning to program in vb.net would really be of any use here? not many mods require programming...