Att. Illmac/HypnoxXx

Totte

I've compiled a list of changes to be considered for version 2.3 of the rosters. Read carefully and rename the rosters to "Almost Ultimate Rosters" :)

This is is a compilation of the talk that's been going on in the forums about possible tweaking etc. All the credit goes out to all the members of the forums that have taken some time off to write down certain things that might improve the game. Here goes...

• Create Stockton Ports (Oakland A-team) Pitcher Jason Windsor.

• Charlotte Knights (White Sox AAA-team) has signed OF Rosevelt Brown and IF Ricky Gutierrez. The team also released OF Jeremy Giambi making him a Free Agent.

• Columbus Clippers (Yankees AAA-team) SP Sean Henn doesn’t have any facial hair. His hair color should be changed to dark blonde, brown or dark brown – it’s definitely not black.

• New York Yankees 1B Tino Martinez wears a black shin guard. His batting stance should be changed to Generic from Shawn Green.

• St.Louis Cardinals LF Reggie Sanders doesn’t wear an elbow guard.

• Cincinnati Reds OF Wily Mo Pena’s batting stance should be Chipper Jones instead of Jorge Posada.

• Arizona Diamondbacks SP Javier Vasquez pitch delivery style should be Tomo Ohka instead of Generic 2.

• Arizona Diamondbacks SP Brad Halsey pitch delivery style should be Mark Mulder instead of Generic 1.

• Anaheim Angels CP Francisco Rodriguez pitch delivery style should be Roy Oswalt instead of Generic 1.

• Kansas City Royals SP Jose Lima pitch delivery style should be Generic 4 instead of Generic 3.

• Anaheim Angels CP Francisco Rodriguez pitch delivery style should be Roy Oswalt instead of Generic 1.

• New York Yankees CF Bubba Crosby’s batting stance should be Larry Walker instead of Generic.

• New York Mets 2B Miguel Cairo’s batting stance should be Honus Wagner instead of Bent.

• Boston Red Sox 1B Kevin Millar’s batting stance should be Vladimir Guerrero instead of Gary Sheffield. He doesn’t wear a shin guard.

• Boston Red Sox RF Trot Nixon wears high socks, not low. His stealing aggressiveness should be upped from 1 to 8 and his speed from 66 to 76.

• New York Yankees SP Jaret Wright wears normal socks, not low.

• New York Yankees C Jorge Posada wears high socks, not normal.

• New York Yankees 2B Rey Sanchez wears number 26, not 21.

• New York Yankees 2B Robinson Cano wears number 22, not 72. He wears low socks, not normal.

• Florida Marlins SP Dontrelle Willis wears high socks, not normal.

• New York Mets 1B Doug Mientkiewicz’s batting stance should be Jason Giambi instead of High.

• Trenton Thunder (Yankees AA-team) 1B Andy Phillips wears number 18, not 39.

• Baltimore Orioles 3B Melvin Mora’s batting stance should be Magglio Ordonez instead of Vladimir Guerrero.

• Boston Red Sox SP David Wells wears high socks, not normal.

• Chicago Cubs 1B Derrek Lee’s batting stance should be Open instead of Upright. There’s been some talk that

• Philadelphia Phillies SP Jon Lieber pitch delivery style should be Jason Schmidt instead of Generic 2.

• Philadelphia Phillies RF Bobby Abreu’s batting stance should be Mike Lowell instead of Brian Giles.

• Philadelphia Phillies SS Jimmy Rollins’s batting stance should be Shawn Green instead of Open. There’s been some speculation that his Bone profile should be set to Athletic with big legs and his Body type to Small. His batting power should be upped by 5 points on both lefties and righties. His baserunning should be upped from 11 to 13.

• Philadelphia Phillies 2B Chase Utley’s batting stance should be Carlos Delgado instead of Upright (Problem is that Delgado doesn’t waggle but his stance is the one most similar to the one that Utley uses even though he doesn’t waggle). His range should be upped from 8 to 9 or 10.

• Philadelphia Phillies starting rotation: Jon Lieber, Randy Wolf, Cory Lidle, Brett Myers, Vicente Padilla.

• Chicago Cubs 2B Jerry Hairston Jr.’s first position should be 2B, his second position should be OF.

• Seattle Mariners CF Jeremy Reed’s range should be upped from 7 to 9 or 10.

• Salt Lake Stingers (Anaheim AAA-team) 2B Lou Merloni second position should be IF.

• Milwaukee Brewers SS J.J.Hardy’s second position is Utility. Is this correct? Doesn’t infielder seem like a better fit if he’ll play anything other than SS?

• San Francisco Giants 1B Pedro Feliz first position should be 3B, his second position should be UTIL.

• St.Louis Cardinals LF John Mabry’s first position should be LF, his second position should be 3B.

• Anaheim Angels LF Garret Anderson’s first position should be LF, his second position should be CF.

• Anaheim Angels 1B Darin Erstad’s first position should be 1B, his second position should be CF.

• Milwaukee Brewers 5th spot in their starting rotation should be SP Gary Glover. Wes Obermueller should be in the bullpen as a LRP. Matt Wise is their SU and Mike Adams is a MRP.

• Tucson Sidewinders (Arizona AAA-team) 1B Conor Jackson’s ID number should be 7401 instead of 2893.

• Tucson Sidewinders (Arizona AAA-team) SS Sergio Santos ID number should be 7403 instead of 3115.

• Norwich Navigators (San Francisco AA-team) pitcher Merkin Valdez is a SP, not a RP. His stamina should be increased from 35 to at least 45 (maybe even more, I’m thinking in the vicinity of 50-55). He was called up and started games for the Giants last autumn and did quite a good job.

• Norwich Navigators (San Francisco AA-team) pitcher David Aardsma is a SP, not a RP. His stamina should be increased from 37 to something between 42-47.

• Altoona Curve (Pittsburgh AA-team) 1B Josh Bonifay has brown hair.

• Altoona Curve (Pittsburgh AA-team) SP Shane Youman skin tone should be either 9 or 10, not 7.

• DJ Mattox, a RP within the Cincinnati Reds organisation needs to be created.

• Milwaukee Brewers 3B Jeff Cirillo is making the minimum amount of money during his one-year contract (133 points over 1 year), not 2476 points over 1 year.

• Birmingham Barons (White Sox AA-team) SP Corwin Malone skin tone should be either 10 or 11, not 3.

• Albuquerque Isotopes (Florida AAA-team) pitcher Ben Howard is pitching out of the bullpen this year as a MRP. He’s listed as a SP in the rosters.

• Albuquerque Isotopes (Florida AAA-team) pitcher Les Walrond is a SP, not a RP. (Change with Ben Howard on the point above?)

• Carolina Mudcats (Florida AA-team) pitcher Trevor Hutchinson is no longer a part of the Marlins organisation. There are 23 players in A-ball so you can recall one of them.

• Corp. Christi Hooks (Houston AA-team) OF Josh Anderson’s first position should be CF. He doesn’t have any facial hair.

• Corp. Christi Hooks (Houston AA-team) 3B Alex Eckelman wears number 5. He’s got brown hair, not dark blonde.

• Corp. Christi Hooks (Houston AA-team) SP Mark McLemore has dark brown hair, not brown.

• Corp. Christi Hooks (Houston AA-team) C Hector Gimenez face should be 904 instead of 907.

• Corp. Christi Hooks (Houston AA-team) RP Fernando Rijo doesn’t have any facial hair.

• Corp. Christi Hooks (Houston AA-team) CF Carlos Rodriguez doesn’t have any facial hair.

• Corp. Christi Hooks (Houston AA-team) LF Mike Rodriguez doesn’t have any facial hair.

• Salem Avalanche (Houston A-team) RP Philip Barzilla has dark brown hair, not black.

• Salem Avalanche (Houston A-team) SP Jason Hirsch has dark brown hair, not black. No facial hair.

• Salem Avalanche (Houston A-team) 3B Ray Navarette doesn’t have any facial hair.

• Salem Avalanche (Houston A-team) RP Jailen Peguero should have face 904 instead of 909.

• Round Rock Express (Houston AAA-team) C Danny Fatheree’s skin tone should be 1 instead of 11. He doesn’t have any facial hair.

• Round Rock Express (Houston AAA-team) RP Chris Fussell hits and pitches right, not left.

• Baltimore Orioles RP Steve Reed’s pitcher delivery style should be Generic 10 instead of Genereic 9.

• Baltimore Orioles RP Todd Williams’s pitcher delivery style should be Generic 9 instead of Genereic 8.

• Frederick Keys (Baltimore A-team) CF Jeff Fiorentino’s hair color should be dark blonde instead of black and he doesn’t have any facial hair. He wears high socks and don’t think he wears that shin guard. I found some minor league photos of him in action at the plate and he didn’t wear any shin- or elbow guards.

• Anaheim Angels 2B Dave Matranga wears number 5, not 66.

• Salt Lake Stingers (Anaheim AAA-team) CF Chris Prieto wears number 38, not 1.

• R. Cucamonga Quakes (Anaheim A-team) C Rudy Gomez is no longer a part of the Angels organisation.

• R. Cucamonga Quakes (Anaheim A-team) SP Nick Touchstone’s first name is Nic.

• R. Cucamonga Quakes (Anaheim A-team) RP Bob Zimmerman’s last name is Zimmermann.

• R. Cucamonga Quakes (Anaheim A-team) RP Joseph Torre’s first name is Joe.

• Arkansas Travelers (Anaheim AA-team) SP Steve Shell’s first name is Steven.

• Salt Lake Stingers (Anaheim AAA-team) RF Nick Gorneault, double check his Audio/Photo to see if it is 6008 or 6009.

• Toronto Blue Jays LF Reed Johnson’s speed should be upped from 64 to 74.

• Toronto Blue Jays 1B Eric Hinske’s batting stance should be Fernando Vina instead of David Ortiz.

• Toronto Blue Jays 2B Orlando Hudson’s batting stance should be Carlos Delgado instead of David Ortiz.

• Toronto Blue Jays SP Josh Towers should have a little bit more control of his pitches, mainly his Fastball.

• Create RP Ryan Houston for New Hampshire Fisher (Toronto AA-team).

• Create RP Jordan DeJong for New Hampshire Fisher (Toronto AA-team).

• Tacoma Rainiers (Seattle AAA-team) 1B Aaron Rifkin’s Audio/Photo should be 7069 instead of 7119.

• Free Agents RP Shaun Babula’s Audio/Photo should be 8040 instead of 8104.

• Portland Beavers (San Diego AAA-team) SP Steve Sparks has been released making him a Free Agent.

• Portland Beavers (San Diego AAA-team) SP Tim Stauffer wears normal socks and doesn’t have any facial hair. He should have the small bone structure and the athletic body. He’s listed as 6'1 214 pounds, not 6'4 250. His hair color is dark brown.

• Atlanta Braves RP Chris Reitsma should have a little bit more control of his pitches, mainly his Fastball and Changeup.

• Boston Red Sox SS Edgar Renteria’s Fielding should be upped from 11 to 13 or 14.

• Seattle Mariners RF Ichiro’s Fielding should be upped from 14 to 15. Should the Throwing Accuracy be upped from 14 to 15 too? His spray charts against righties should look like this: LF/26 CF/44 RF/30

• There are two players by the name of Yoel Hernandez in the Philadelphia Phillies system. One on AAA Scranton/Wilkes-Barre and the other one on A Clearwater. Is this correct? Should there be two Yoel Hernandez?

• Boston Red Sox RP Cla Meredith’s pitch delivery style should be Jeff Nelson instead of Generic 9.

• Chad Fox is missing in the Chicago Cubs organisation.

• Daytona Cubs (Cubs A-team) 1B Brian Dopirak’s Audio/Photo should be 2784 instead of 2774.

Well, that was it. It took about 5 hours or so to gather but I'm sure we'd all like to help on making the rosters better someway. This was my way of helping :)

It's way past bedtime in Sweden now (1.20 am) and I need to go to work tomorrow but be sure to read through this carefully and throw some feedback at it. I'll check in on this thread again after a few hours of sleep before I go to work. Take care everybody!

(Remember - I just compiled this list. All credits to the folks that originally posted the changes)

Have you ever heard of the Batting Stances/Pitching Deliveries topic???

And no way K-Rod's delivery is Oswalt, we must remember that K-Rod is a closer, and in the game, closers pitch from the stretch and Oswalt's stretch delivery looks nothing like K-Rod's. Hoffman is his delivery.

Nick Gorneault's ID should be 2832 (Not 6008 or 6009). This ID is the one that says his name in the game and should be the one used, regardless of Hory's ID system. In that respect, here are some other names that were overlooked in the latest update:

Joel Peralta - 1907 (Not 6036)

Ryan Budde - 2204 (Not 6038)

Joe Saunders - 3119 (Not 6022)

Brian Specht - 2007 (Not 6057)

Rich Fischer - 2262 (Not 6061)

Warner Madrigal - 2957 (Not 6016)

Sean Rodriguez - 3095 (Not 6021)

Here are all of my tweaks, some have been mentioned already:

Lieber- Stance: Schimdt (Not perfect, but closest)

Abreu- Stance: Lowell (It's not Giles hasn't been for a while), Black bat, Two small bands

Burrell- Black bat, Athletic big chest, Stance: Thomas

Rollins- Stance: Green, #11, Bone Profile: Athletic Big legs(Have you seen his legs? they are as thick as Thome's), Body Type: Small, 15 to 17 HR power (isn't 40's like 9 HRs?), Base running 13 or 14(Have you seen his legs? they are as thick as Thome's), Arm Strength: 13, Discipline: 9, Bat: Light/Dark, No bands, Black glove

Utley- Stance: Delgado, Range: 10 (truly his stance is Delgado without as much of a waggle, Dumb EA games 5 years ago had waggle options, maybe I'll call Chase and tell him to waggle in the box.), Black Bat

Polanco- 2nd Pos: UTIL, Light bat, two large bands, Black shin gaurd, Black Glove

Howard- #6

Wolf- Stance: Hudson, batting stance: generic, Fastball: 88 mph, Curve: 65 mph, Change: 77 mph, No cutter- Change to slider, Black Glove

Jason Michaels- Light glove, Black shin guard

Rotation: Lieber, Wolf, Lidle, Myers, Padilla

From www.rotoworld.com

Nationals trade OF Endy Chavez for Phillies OF Marlon Byrd

ALSO: any word when version 2.2/2.3 will be uploaded/available for download? Possibly tonight??

Toronto- Rios: speed should be about 85.. they guy once legged out two doubles in to triples in a game and he stole 2 bases today vs. Cleveland in the same inning

Menechino's stance is completely off.. it should be more of a bent stance (not sure which one.. same with Adams' stance

Chulk's fastball has been known to go up to 94-95; listed at 88

Tower's slider is more of a right-to-left trajectory

Johnson needs more speed and his bunting ability should be much higher

Rios' home run % should be about 1%.. he's hitting far too many in my dynasty

Toronto-Orlando Hudson wears high socks now

change ken huckaby from mask 2 to 1 (if not done alrady)

=

Just because a guy wears them for one or two games doesn't mean he is gonna keep wearing them.

This is from last night:

OHTD102051320_lower.jpg

I say keep Hudson the way he is now in the rosters.

We'll just have to wait and see what changes that makes it into version 2.3 but hopefully Illmac and HypnoxXx reads this thread so be sure to keep posting things you notice that should be corrected.

• Norwich Navigators (San Francisco AA-team) pitcher David Aardsma is a SP, not a RP. His stamina should be increased from 37 to something between 42-47.

Aardsma is solely used in relief now. Since 2003 he has played in 73 games, started 0 of them, and saved 19 (majors and minors). According to "Baseball America's 2005 Prospect Handbook" he is in line to become a setup man in SF once he gets his slider back to form.

Jorge Posada does wear low socks. I've never seen him wear high.

I dont think i have ever seen Posada in high socks, i havnt missed a game (until today, due to GF's college graduation) in the past 2 years.

PS why does my stienbrenner pic keep going to the X?????

Because I removed it, it violated the forum rules.

No offense Mark, I dont see how it violated rules(I just read them), I am a big Yankees fan, (I think the Yanks fans hated the Brandon League pic) so I chose the George Steinbrenner one. I will change it out of respect for you and this site, because this is the best site on the web. Thanks

PS I switched my avitar to just a pic of George Stienbrenner, when will I have avitar privliges back?

Archived