What does this say? Re: Waterfront Park W.I.P.

MarkB

Is there some way to actually stop the mirroring or hide the mirrored sections using OEdit?

I really have no idea what OEdit can and can't do.

I'll look into it.

Thanks, guys.

Jewgrass, on second thoughts, I probably will need those pictures. No rush on it, just if you get a chance or have some free time. Thanks, man.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some new screenies:

snap0332rc.png

snap0344rj.png

snap0352xy.png

snap0365nf.png

snap0389kt.png

Changes are obvious, but anyway:

Added the St. Francis Medical Center, Horizon Healthcare, Soverign Bank, Amtrak, Executive Cellular, Nextel, NJEA, Hess Express, Roma Bank, Marsilio's, Credit Union of New Jersey, Trane, Stark & Stark, K. Hovnanian, Mannino's 3 and A1 Limosuine ads. (That's a mouthful!)

As you can see, the adboard is almost done, with only the Trentonian ad and the Verizon Superpages ad to do. I'll probably touch a few of them up before long, but that's how the stadium is just now. Other than those, I still have a few ads to add in (I'd guess at about 6), but after that, the ads are done.

All ads now 95% finished, with the exception of the Verizon SuperPages ad.

snap0519nm.png

snap0526ed.png

snap0537ah.png

snap0549bm.png

snap0559te.png

snap0569aq.png

I also implemented a new warning track. I can't figure out what file the infield dirt is in, though. I'm thinking it's either ddit in the fieldx.fsh file or 0062-x.BMP in cram32.fsh, but I think I'm going to check it later. My usual method of drawing a big red X on the suspect section usually reveals what the file is. ;)

I'm going to get something to eat now, then make a start on some of those Spring Training stadiums.

• 2 weeks later...

A reasonably quick update. Since my last update, there has been a little change. The center field wall has been moved back to 407ft and the walls have been positioned correctly. I've copied the infield dirt from the Rangers home stadium, so that it matches the warning track dirt (a little...best I could find).

Now, for the bad news. It probably won't delay the stadium any since it still has a while to go, but I've been wondering for a while why there is some strange seepage from the ads in the stadium. I put it down to the way EA handles the ads file and forgot about it, because you only really noticed it if you looked closely. Well, I was having a look at my ads file a few minutes ago and noticed an error. The another. Then another. Somehow, someway, the ads file I was using has become...well, weird. I've not edited it to be like this, so the only thing I can think of is that I've copied the file from the stadium folder after using it, and the game has edited it somehow.

In other words, some of the ads look a little off and nasty. I've fixed the scoreboard (if you look closely at it, you'll see the black sections where the lights are extend a little to the bottom, that kind of thing) now and am going to start getting to the other ads that I can see have been messed up, but some of them I'll have to do again. The New Jersey 101.5 radio ad, for example. And the NJ.com advertisement. I grabbed that straight from the website, but due to a power outage at their server, their site is down and I can't get the image again yet.

Quite annoying. Well, here goes. Again.

Well, I just found a semi-old backup with some of those ads in it that hadn't been corrupted, so I've copied the ads from that and it's pretty much back to normal.

Another lesson for novice users that can never hurt - always take backups. :wtg:

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, a lot new on it. It's getting quite close to release now, and there isn't much left to be done. A few kinks are still being worked out and there are still a couple of things here and there that I need to look at and maybe change, but it's getting there.

I can honestly say even I am astounded by how good it looks right now.

I've gotta agree, it's looking incredibly good at this point, and I haven't even seen the completed right field scoreboard. It will definitely be worth a download.

I really should've changed the mini-scoreboard in right field to put my Sea Dogs on top though. Oh well.

I've just taken some screenshots of the stadium as it is now, and you can download them from here.

The quality isn't very good as I had to convert them from .png to .jpg, but they should be good enough to give you an idea of what the stadium will look like when done.

These screenshots are in no way final. I am aware that the scoreboard in right field still looks rather nasty, and I'm working on fixing it, if possible. Other than that, there are still quite a few changes to be made. Some ads are probably going to be moved, the infield dirt is changing, the dugouts are going to be changed, as are the on-deck circles and a few other things.

Yep, a lot new on it. It's getting quite close to release now, and there isn't much left to be done. A few kinks are still being worked out and there are still a couple of things here and there that I need to look at and maybe change, but it's getting there.

I can honestly say even I am astounded by how good it looks right now.

Thats cool. I just went down to Trenton last weekend to check out a game. Nice stadium, had to wait out about a 2 hour rain delay before the game. Wasn't gonna go home cuz I live 2 hours away in Jersey (Very close to NYC, 20 minutes away). Nice park, Thunder won.

The only thing that I don't think is right is the diamondvision screen in leftcenter. I don't remember that when I went.

There is a screen in left-center, it's surrounded by the First Union ads and it's not an actual video screen, more of a basic scoreboard style screen.

TT, yep, it's pretty close. It could be a little darker, but as I said, it's not finished yet, so I'm still fine-tuning everything.

Been working on this again today, and I've gotten the scoreboard in right-center to look - well, as good as I think it can. It looks fine when you're closer to it, but if you look at it rom ome plate, you can see som distortions. I've tried everything I can think of, and I can't find a way to get it looking any better than it is now, so that will probably be final. As for the colour, I've changed it so it's a little darker than in the above pictures, and it looks better.

Now, I need some feedback. As it's getting quite close to being finished, I'd like to get something arranged with regard to the dugout walls and on-deck circles.

As it is, the first base side dugout is totally realistic, with the Comcast logo on the dugout back wall, and with "www.trentonthunder.com" lining the front and sides of the dugout edges. The problem with this is that EA, in its' infinite wisdom, decided to reverse the other dugout, so the third base side dugout is reversed. It still looks good from far away, but it's slightly weird to see the Comcast logo and the website address reversed when you see it closely. Also, the on-deck circle is on the warning track in the actual stadium and is made of green cloth. In the game, it's on the grass, and as of now, that can't be changed without an incredible amount of work, which is quite pointless for such a minor detail.

Now, the choices.

Dugout:

- It can be either totally black on the dugout back wall, with no Comcast logo or website address, so that it would look the same on both sides, and nothing is reversed, but it looks much better.

- I can rotate it so that it's corect on the third base side instead of the first base side (the third base side is the home dugout), but reversed on the first base side.

- I can leave it as it is just now and it will be correct on the first base side (away dugout), but reversed on the third base side (home dugout).

On-deck circle:

- I can make it a dirt colour so that it's less realistic, but looks much better than an off-green circle in the middle of the grass.

- I can leave it as it is and have an off-green circle in the grass so that it's more realistic, but looks uglier.

Please let me know what you, personally, prefer with regard to both dugout wall and on-deck circle, and the largest percentage will be favoured.

This one is up to you guys. What do you prefer?

Archived