The MvpMods Challenge games

Yankee4Life

You got game? Are you so good at MVP 2005 that you want everyone to know it? Well here is your chance, and we've added a little twist to it. If you win, you pick the other person's avatar that he must display for a short period of time. Do you want to make Y4L have a Red Sox avatar? Well of course you don't. You guys won't do that to me if you beat me. (Yeah right) Well, read on and let the challenges begin.

The Mvpmods "I want your avatar" Mvp 2005 Challenge games

The winner of the game gets to pick the avatar of the losing player and the losing player must keep it up for 48 hours (two days) in the forum. The avatar can be just about anything. As long as it is the correct size (120x120) and the avatar isn't in bad taste or has swear words, then it's ok.

Examples: A Cub fan beats a Cardinal fan. The Cub fan can pick out a Cub avatar for the person and he'll have it displayed for 48 hours. Or if he is talented enough, he can make an avatar. Or get one from the internet somewhere. YOU won the game, you pick the avatar. Two people that are fans of the same team can also play each other in this because the choice of avatars for the losing player is limitless. Use your imagination.

Anyone that loses a game in this and does not want to put up the avatar of the other person's choice will not be penalized in any way. You'll just end up not looking so good to the others in here because of your actions and you may not get to play any other games because they may not want to play you.

1. Determine the home and road team by yourselves and agree on it before hand. Also agree on what level you want to play on, auto or manual fielding, etc.

2. If you are playing against someone that has a 56 k modem hookup to the internet (there are still some that have them), then the person with the cable modem must be the home team, for obvious reasons.

3. If you want to post results of these games for bragging rights, do them in this thread so we all can see them. Also post challenges in here too.

4. Recording of parts of the game with Fraps is acceptable and encouraged. Post video and pictures of your win!

5. People that quit or drop out of the game because they are losing 7 to 0 in the 8th inning will probably not be asked to play again. Remember, you are not losing anything in here except your avatar of choice for two days.

**Added 6/11** Sometimes things happen during a direct IP game that is out of our control. If you have a lag that you think is too much, take a break from the game and go in the chat mode and see if the other guy is experiencing the same thing. If he is, you can do a couple things. Either start the game over again and hope for a better connection, or try to have the other guy host the game (sometimes that helps) or if these don't work, just agree to try the game at another time. Hey, it happens.

Also, connections can be broken without blaming it on lagtime. If your power happens to go off while you are playing. Or the phone company decides right then to do work in your area, or a power surge comes, or even when you are playing the game it starts to thunder and lightening in your area. These are some reasons for dropping off from a game before it is done. Bravesj858 said how do you determine from dropoffs? He was referring here to legitimate dropoffs and dropoffs caused by your own doing. And there is really no way of knowing. But then Thome25 came up with using the official rules of the game. Once the game is official, and a dropoff takes place, that's it. The game's official. Also, when a dropoff takes place, the person that drops off for whatever reason should come in and explain why. There are very legitimate reasons for this at times.

6. These games can be played with any team in the game that can be played online. If you want to use the A, AA, AAA or major league teams, go ahead. If you want to use TeamFuzz's total classics, go ahead. If you want to use the beta version of the college mod that Snash's guys are working on, go ahead. It's your game.

7. As for the rosters used, the two players must use the same unmodified roster set. Or, if you prefer, use a roster set from this site that you both have. For example, if you both have the latest edition of Ultimate Rosters, do that. Or Jackcasper's, or anyone else's that have been uploaded to this website. Just as long as both of you have the same roster set, you are ok.

8. If this gets popular, we can decrease the avatar change from 48 to 24 hours so you can have more of a chance to play against someone. People that lose two game to two different people have four full days of your avatar gone.

9. Standings will be kept on a monthly basis.

Good luck, and also post suggestions to this if you want to.

That being said, I hope everyone enjoys this.

EDIT: I completely forgot about the X-Box. Any of these challenge games can be played on X-Box live. No problem.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about like the member who wins the most games in like 1 week (or any time period) gets like The MVPMODS Player of The Week or somethin. And it gets displayed under their name when they post(like for Y4L it says site admin) for a whole week. This might motivate more people to play.

Ok, I'll challenge COMEBACKKID... i'm a Cubs fan.. so I really don't know your team bro!!

However, I'm going to challenge you.... you can contact me in:

pitico_2003@hotmail.com or pitico_2000@yahoo.es

I'll wait for ya!! :angry:

Whatever happened between mine and Y4L's game was weird. He was saying i was pitching while I was actually at bat, and then it said that he had been warned for delaying the game, and then it froze on me. All I know is I had 2 runs, 1 of them from a solo shot by Khalil Greene off of Randy Johnson. And he had 0 runs.

Please remember that this is supposed to be for fun.

All that is at stake is your avatar (should you choose to change it). Do not under any circumstance bring complaints about opponents into the forums. While this is an MVPmods idea, it is not administered by the site. What happens in the game is between you and your opponent. If someone cheats or plays unfairly, that's unfortunate, but it's only a game. Please remember that. We do not want to see arguments or fights occurring here.

This is your first and last warning.

Whatever happened between mine and Y4L's game was weird. He was saying i was pitching while I was actually at bat, and then it said that he had been warned for delaying the game, and then it froze on me. All I know is I had 2 runs, 1 of them from a solo shot by Khalil Greene off of Randy Johnson. And he had 0 runs.

You did??? It's like two different games were being played.

On my end, I had the bases loaded in the first and you got out of it with no runs scored. Then I struck you out 1-2-3 in the last of the first. In the second, the game kicked you out.

How the hell did this happen?? 8O

Archived