Do you think I have A Shot?

Lucas

Im a pitcher in AA Bantam in T.O. Do you think I have a shot at AAA?

Here are my #'s

3.50 era

7 starts 6-0

30 i.p.

27 K's

5 BB

1 HBP

*we are only allowed to throw 5 innings (some arm thing)

** This is my first year playing in a league. I saw an ad in the paper 4 a tryout, I went, and made the team. Now im the teams ace.

Im a pitcher in AA Bantam in T.O. Do you think I have a shot at AAA?

Here are my #'s

3.50 era

7 starts 6-0

30 i.p.

27 K's

5 BB

1 HBP

*we are only allowed to throw 5 innings (some arm thing)

** This is my first year playing in a league. I saw an ad in the paper 4 a tryout, I went, and made the team. Now im the teams ace.

With stats like that, yes. How many different pitches do you throw? If you only throw 2 you may be in trouble. You must give up alot of hits because you dont walk anyone, but you have a higher ERA and win alot of your games with run support.

With stats like that, yes. How many different pitches do you throw? If you only throw 2 you may be in trouble. You must give up alot of hits because you dont walk anyone, but you have a higher ERA and win alot of your games with run support.

Well, if it's Bantam, (correct me if I'm wrong, but that's below high school), you really don't want to be throwing Curveballs. All you should be throwing is a fastball, changeup, slider, and/or splitter. Many an arm problem has stemmed from ages 13-16 throwing Curveballs.

I throw 3 different pitches with regularity. They are:

1 seam FB- I made it up, I put my pointer and middle fingers on either side of the top seam when throwing, and the rest is like a 4seam FB

Slider- nice break sometimes, other times, a hanging FB

C Change- nice pitch, just nice!

Sometimes I throw a knuckleball, but It's unpredictable, therefore making It hard for the catcher to squeeze it (LEARN HOW TO CATCH!)

And about the run support, we score about 7-10 per game. And on Monday, I came in as releaf cause our starter only lasted an inning, and in three innings, I K'ed 5!

Well, if it's Bantam, (correct me if I'm wrong, but that's below high school), you really don't want to be throwing Curveballs. All you should be throwing is a fastball, changeup, slider, and/or splitter. Many an arm problem has stemmed from ages 13-16 throwing Curveballs.

Bantam is 13-15 years old.

you may not have a shot if you have to ask our opinion. you need strong mental makeup to make it in life and you should forget about what we think.

you can go real far in life...whether or not we think you can.

you may not have a shot if you have to ask our opinion. you need strong mental makeup to make it in life and you should forget about what we think.

you can go real far in life...whether or not we think you can.

Ill take that as a complement, Im still 13 and its my first year in organized ball, so there is only room to grow, anyways, thank you.

Slider can mess your arm up 2 if you throw to to much. I would never teach young ones some to throw sliders or curves

I dont throw sliders much cause I realize that. I want to a least get to my high school team, or even college/university. I only throw between 5-10 sliders a game, to get outs.

Learn a knuckle ball its very helpful if u have 3 other pitches and throw it about 1 quarter of the time wakefield throws it a hundred times a game so they canget used to it and he has average stats if u have other good pitches they wont get used to it and ull see significant improvement put dont lose ur patience knucle balls are hard to learn and control. good luck hope that helps

lucasbkool, like everyone says, don't mess up your arm.

As a former pitcher myself (until I blew out my arm), here's my advice to you, the best pitch in baseball isn't a fastball, a curveball or a slider. The best pitch is the one that is one ball's width outside of the strike zone. Seriously, especially at your level. Umps will give you that call. So if they are willing to call a pitch slightly out of the zone a strike, take it! Location is the most important thing to worry about when pitching. Pitching is strategic as I am sure you already know. If your opponent is expecting high heat, give him a breaking ball in the dirt. Just make sure you learn to hit your spots. Back when I was in bantam I struck out on average 1.5 batters per inning because I learned at an early age how to make hitters swing at my pitch. Once you get ahead in the count, the rest is gravy. You own the hitter from that point on. He's in protect mode and you're on the hunt. So try something simple, start the first hitter off with two fastballs and then follow that up with a change-up out of the zone. For the next hitter do the exact opposite - two change-ups and then a high heater. Mix in that slider if the hitter doesn't bite on your third pitch.

Just remember location, and you'll do just fine. Best of luck.

good thing i have no career ending injuries.....(knock on wood)....

hey lucasbkool im 13 too. lol that would be funny if we make the same major league team....still a long way but as i always say.....perfect practice makes perfect.

good thing i have no career ending injuries.....(knock on wood)....

hey lucasbkool im 13 too. lol that would be funny if we make the same major league team....still a long way but as i always say.....perfect practice makes perfect.

That wood be sweet.

Learn a knuckle ball its very helpful if u have 3 other pitches and throw it about 1 quarter of the time wakefield throws it a hundred times a game so they canget used to it and he has average stats if u have other good pitches they wont get used to it and ull see significant improvement put dont lose ur patience knucle balls are hard to learn and control. good luck hope that helps

I can thow a great Knuckleball, but I seldom use it.

lucasbkool, like everyone says, don't mess up your arm.

As a former pitcher myself (until I blew out my arm), here's my advice to you, the best pitch in baseball isn't a fastball, a curveball or a slider. The best pitch is the one that is one ball's width outside of the strike zone. Seriously, especially at your level. Umps will give you that call. So if they are willing to call a pitch slightly out of the zone a strike, take it! Location is the most important thing to worry about when pitching. Pitching is strategic as I am sure you already know. If your opponent is expecting high heat, give him a breaking ball in the dirt. Just make sure you learn to hit your spots. Back when I was in bantam I struck out on average 1.5 batters per inning because I learned at an early age how to make hitters swing at my pitch. Once you get ahead in the count, the rest is gravy. You own the hitter from that point on. He's in protect mode and you're on the hunt. So try something simple, start the first hitter off with two fastballs and then follow that up with a change-up out of the zone. For the next hitter do the exact opposite - two change-ups and then a high heater. Mix in that slider if the hitter doesn't bite on your third pitch.

Just remember location, and you'll do just fine. Best of luck.

you used to do what I do now! and, yes, the umps call lots of close balls stirkes, and some way out of the zone........ I "struck out" looking when the ump called a pitch that I just only watched, go below my knees and into the dirt. Later in that game, my catcher deliberatly missed the ball so my heater would nail the ump, REVENGE FEELS GOOD!! :twisted: :)

P.S. Hey cartersyard, are you ever going to do that Rogers Center mod everyone was anixiously waiting for?

That is the dumbest thing i've ever heard. Dont throw a knuckle ball. Ever. Just dont.

Hey man dont throw breaking pitches at this age, stick to a fastball. You will mess up your arm, I know a couple kids my age(15) that are pitchers and they might already ended there career by throwing the curveball

The palmball is your friend. Also a knucklecurve wont put stress on your arm.

Archived