Do you think I have A Shot?

Lucas

Learn a knuckle ball its very helpful if u have 3 other pitches and throw it about 1 quarter of the time wakefield throws it a hundred times a game so they canget used to it and he has average stats if u have other good pitches they wont get used to it and ull see significant improvement put dont lose ur patience knucle balls are hard to learn and control. good luck hope that helps

Come on this is ridiculous...there isnt a pitcher in the world who throws a better knuckler then Wakefield. Thats why hes the only successful (now) knuckleballer in the league (dont even try the stevie sparks argument). As far as throwing 3 other pitches in addition to a knuckler, sorry just aint happening...they windup and arm slots are way to different for you to be able to just toss in a knuckler.

• 1 month later...

No they arent. If you throw the poor man's curveball (Mike Mussina's knucklecurve...or the one pictured in the other thread) it is just as bad for you. There is a different knucklecurve that doesnt put stress on your arm.

I really wish people would stop talking about stuff they dont know about...that means you Pirate.

• 8 months later...

I was looking through my posts today, and I found this. I did try out for the AAA team and I made it! :D I have a better catcher now, so I throw the knuckle ball more often. My team is now 4-0. (We just started 2 weeks ago.)

I have 2 wins! 10 IP, 13Ks, 3 BB, and I've given up 14 hits.

I also had a dream to become a professional athlete ... untill I turned 21 and started drinking beer.

I'm now getting back at life by dedicating my entire being to sit on the couch watching baseball, or to play mvp and procrastinate schoolwork.

• 4 months later...

Archived