Little League

WindyCHC165

I will remember today for the rest of my life. I am 15 years old, currently playing in a league called 'Colt'. It ranges from high school freshmen to Juniors. Today on a 2-1 count, I hit my first homer, a 3-run. Im trying to be as detailed as I can. Anyone else wana talk about their first homers?

My first one was a gift in a blowout game. I'm normally a pitcher but was hitting on this day and I was due up to bat in a game where we were losing 10-1. The guy pitching for the other team thought it would be nice to give me a gift, so he did and it landed about 10 seconds later. We actually started to come back in the 8th and 9th innings, but still lost 14-9.

My first "real" one was in a tied game in the bottom of the 7th, which ended up winning us the game. Quite a nice feeling, knowing that you've pitched well enough for your team to win, as well as scored the go-ahead run.

pee wee AA, 13 years old, june 6/02 (i have the ball)

don't remember the count, but i know we were down by a lot to a good team so they threw in some below average pitcher.

jacked the ball about 50 ft over the left field fence and i couldnt help but smile all around the bases because i was a weak hitter and this was a really new thing to me.

it's still the only home run i've hit out of the park, although i've come very very close many other times.

I hit 2 Homers in one game during our Regional Little League Tournament. First homer was a line drive to left field that cleared the fence...fence was only about 250 feet all the way around. That gave us a 1-0 lead and then in the 5th inning I hit another homer, which was to dead center. The funny thing is...I was not a power hitter...I was more of a line drive hitter but that day I just got lucky. We got 3rd in that tournament thanks to some home town umpiring that I will never forget to this day!!! :mad:

Down in Panama City, FL where I believe it was Dixie Youth? Anyways, playoff game in Bayou George, FL, I was 12 years old, facing a pitcher that was probably 6 foot (wish i could remember his name, because I'm sure he's in college somewhere now). I had the good ol' Rod Carew batting stance (well something similar to it) and he threw one high and inside, and I ab-so-f'n-lutely crushed the ball. We ended up winning that game, but lost the next one to eliminate us (double elimination). That season we went 24-1 during the regular season with our only loss coming in a 15 inning game, and in the playoffs we went 4-2. By the way, this was in '97.

PS: They gave me the homerun ball at the end of the game when they called me out to the pitchers mound to receive it. I ended up giving the ball to my grandfather, and actually think the ball may have been placed in my grandmother's casket when she died. And if it's not in her's, it will definately go in his, because I remember he started crying when I gave it to him.

-CB with a K

My first one in little league was when I was 11 (my only year I played). And it was against the team that not only cut me, but against the guy I hated the most. Blasted out a solo shot to dead center. Man, it felt good. I remember I hit a homerun on the very first day of practice for my new team, and they were all like, "I can't believe they cut you." I still think it was only because the coach didn't like me. No big deal. I got to pitch against them that day too. We won, it was great. I can't remember the score though. :chin:

After that game I went on to hit two more during the rest of the season, one from each side of the plate. I made the all-star team and took the trip up to West Bend for the tournament. I didn't play much though. In one game I got thrown in LF and the other game I was a catcher. I didn't do that well since my normal positions were SP, 1B, & 3B. I think we lost every game too. :shrug:

My first one was when I was 11. It was the semis and we were down 3-2 in the 4th. I remeber it like it was yesterday. I turned on an inside pitch and hit it dead center going right over the 200 mark and into the pond about 10 feet beyond the fence. My coach told me it went about 270. It wasnt a moon shot but more of a line drive. We lost the game though :-(

Then in Babe Ruth I cracked one over.

My first one was when I was 11. It was the semis and we were down 3-2 in the 4th. I remeber it like it was yesterday. I turned on an inside pitch and hit it dead center going right over the 200 mark and into the pond about 10 feet beyond the fence. My coach told me it went about 270. It wasnt a moon shot but more of a line drive. We lost the game though :-(

Then in Babe Ruth I cracked one over.

Babe Ruth is a pretty good shot.

Here we have 2 fields.

DIMENSIONS:

Field 1

L:315

C:350

R:305

Field 2

L:350

C:420

R:355

And yes those are the true demensions

Babe Ruth is a pretty good shot.

Here we have 2 fields.

DIMENSIONS:

Field 1

L:315

C:350

R:305

Field 2

L:350

C:420

R:355

And yes those are the true demensions

LEXINGTON! It is great to see someone from that city. My first and only homers so far have come when I lived there. When I was 11 I hit one out to right-center on the Tates Creek JV field. I forget how long that is. When I was 12 I hit when out at Ecton Park. The fences there are 200 the whole way around, I proably hit it 230ft. My best friend hit on about 300ft. into someones yard. Which field are those at? By Veterans Park up the hill?

Mine are in Babe Ruth 300 left and right and 315 center. I hit mine right center if I remeber correctly.

Im going to Cooperstown with a Federation team in August. The fields we play on are 80 ft bases 275 Left and Right and 300 Center. BIG BARREL BATS!!!! Boy am I gona have fun hitting there!!

I was never really a homerun hitter. I remember in Little League though, I sent one off the fence and legged out an inside the parker. Never really hit one out. I was more of a "turn a double into a triple" kind of hitter.

There was one kid though, when we were 12. He was a big sucker. Triple my size (which was about 5'2 75 pounds cause I didn't eat) and just huge. He hit one over the left center fence which was 200-215 range, and than another 40-50 feet into the river outside the field. I think I crapped myself, I'm not sure.

Remember now, he was 12 years old.

I used to play softball (fast pitch) in Rojas (Argentina). Since I was 10 years old, I am a leadoff batter, sometimes 7th, sometimes 8th spot... well... One day, in a summer tournament, I opened the game with a HR (I was 13) and we finished 5-3. In all my life (seriuos games) I hitted 14 HRs in softball (I am P/LF).

In baseball I've only hitted inside-the-park homers... and I think my first one was at 22. :roll:

I didn't play little league but I played games with my school a lot in gym class (mostly in the late spring/early summer) and I didn't have a lot of power since I was very skinny and not very big but I was a good contact guy and hit a lot of singles and occassional double.. I remember one time clearly where I came up with the bases loaded and 1 out and the outfield came in very shallow and I hit one over their head to the wall for a double and cleared the bases

I actually hit an inside the parker about a week ago. This is a CYO league which is crappy. I played it just for some extra baseball. Anyway there no fence around the field unless you feel like hitting one 500 feet. Its not even a fence its just the end of the property. Anyway....I hit one about 260 not far at all but it was a screaming line drive to right field. Down in right field thiers nothing but dirt because football is played thier. Well I hit the ball and im thinking double all the way. Im running as fast as I can and im rounding first looking over too my 3rd base coach. I couldnt hear what hes yelling. Im coming around 2nd still at full speed and I hear him say slow down you got it. He says jog home. Im jogging home and I see the right fielder and center fielder running and running and running too the ball. It rolled to about 450 feet. I was laughin in my head. The ball just kept rolling. :lmao: :lmao:

I actually hit an inside the parker about a week ago. This is a CYO league which is crappy. I played it just for some extra baseball. Anyway there no fence around the field unless you feel like hitting one 500 feet. Its not even a fence its just the end of the property. Anyway....I hit one about 260 not far at all but it was a screaming line drive to right field. Down in right field thiers nothing but dirt because football is played thier. Well I hit the ball and im thinking double all the way. Im running as fast as I can and im rounding first looking over too my 3rd base coach. I couldnt hear what hes yelling. Im coming around 2nd still at full speed and I hear him say slow down you got it. He says jog home. Im jogging home and I see the right fielder and center fielder running and running and running too the ball. It rolled to about 450 feet. I was laughin in my head. The ball just kept rolling. :lmao: :lmao:
Ya, when i was like 10 and 11 I hit numerous homeruns like that, where we had no fences and the ball just kept rolling.

-CB with a K

HEHE, I like it.

Anyway, my first one came in a home run derby my high school was having as a fund raiser, I have yet to hit one in a real game though. =/

-CB without the K

LEXINGTON! It is great to see someone from that city. My first and only homers so far have come when I lived there. When I was 11 I hit one out to right-center on the Tates Creek JV field. I forget how long that is. When I was 12 I hit when out at Ecton Park. The fences there are 200 the whole way around, I proably hit it 230ft. My best friend hit on about 300ft. into someones yard. Which field are those at? By Veterans Park up the hill?

Thats cool. I play up at Shillito, on the hill.

Where do you play?

I hit my first ever home run off of a guy who went on to play college basketball..Marquis Estill. It went about 209, left center field. I was 9 years old, maybe 10..i can't exactly remember. It was in the first inning i believe, solo shot. I don't know what my first "real" homerun would be, I hit quite a few. Played baseball in so many different places with so many different kinds of teams....I guess I'll just stick with that one. My most memorable was when I was a 12 year old All-Star and in the first round we were playing my cousins team from Lexington Valley. They weren't ever any good, but my cousin was talking all kinds of smack about how I couldn't touch their ace, I'd strike out every time, they'd kill us...so in the game I hit a grand slam, don't know how far it went but it was the furthest I've ever seen hit at my little league complex, and then hit a 3 run homer in my next AB, the last AB I had in the game was a 2 run double off the left-center fence. Little League was the business, for those of you still under 16, enjoy EVERY single moment you have, give it your all, and do as much as you can. Baseball is one of the only games where you can't just go and play after your 'years', so enjoy it and work as hard as you can to keep it for as long as you can. I know i miss it like crazy to this day and its been 5 years.

Hit my first one when I was 12. We played in a field(there was a couple next to each other) that was right behind our stadium which used to be used for an Independent team for the Mariners. I was never a home run hitter, more like a line drive doubles guy, so I was quite surprised when I hit one on the sweet spot and drilled in straight away center.Watching it bounce off the back of the stadium was pretty cool. I loved the feeling of that home run, never even felt the ball hit the bat, nice and smooth.

I hit one more that year that went out of the park, and I think I had two more of the inside the park varity.My grandpa gave out 10 bucks to each kid that hit a homer that year to give us incentive.A friend of mine hit 9 that year.

Never hit any in Babe Ruth though.The demensions were about the same as mentioned earlier, so I did't stand a chance. Alothugh I think I did hit a few doubles off the wall.We played in the aforementioned stadium in highschool(alothugh with the fences in obviously, so I didnt hit any then either. Dont even think I hit the fence. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived