The Big O's Fenway Park v.1.1 released!

The Big O

big o, thanks for helping all us out, I don't many people will miss the animated sign, we just want to look at all the time you put into this mod and just be pleased that there is someone out there making this game much more enjoyable.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Night version of Fenway hasn't crashed once for me. I've played it Exhibition and Dynasty. I've played it with one team with "modded" uniforms and two teams with "modded" uniforms without a problem. I also have cyberfaces. I don't have the bat selector program on my MVP 2005 though. It might be the combination of modded unis, cyberfaces and bats that is causing the problem but not on my system.

BTW...the folks with issues really takes away from what I think is a great mod. The CITGO sign really does skip and is not fluid. I was at the Pirate game two weeks ago and it this mod gets the stadium perfect. Thanks Big O!

This Night version of Fenway hasn't crashed once for me. I've played it Exhibition and Dynasty. I've played it with one team with "modded" uniforms and two teams with "modded" uniforms without a problem. I also have cyberfaces. I don't have the bat selector program on my MVP 2005 though. It might be the combination of modded unis, cyberfaces and bats that is causing the problem but not on my system.

It is not a combination. I have the largest selection probably of anybody of modded uniforms & cyberfaces as you probably know & now that I took out the modded bats & put in the original one (thanks to BudHawk) the game works fine in the night version with everything else installed.

Ok guys I'll see what I can do about making a "lite" version for the night mod. I would have to reduce the quality somewhat but I think it can be done. The major culprit is the Citgo sign. I'll try reducing the quality of two major bitmaps and see what happens. I'd hate to take the animated sign out but if I have to then that is what is going to have to happen.

Is there any way to do the same with Oriole Park? The night version also crashes randomly for me and my friend.

Thanks for all your hard work.

I really like what Big O did with the grass, but it's shimmering a little for me too, despite my card settings.

I just changed it with the grass mod.

Actually I did not touch the grass. Everybody's solution was to turn up the AA and AF settings on their cards so I figured that would work. As UMachines posted earlier maybe compressing the cram32.fsh file to QFS format would help with the crashing issues. Can anybody with the bat selector try this?

Hey guys it is the bat selector...I kept crashing and couldnt get it to load then following big schmooz's (whom followed budhawk) advice I hunted down the "initstaz.big" file which for those who dont know (I didn't) is on CD 1 of your MVP discs in the compressed file. Replace the old file and it loaded up first try no problem and still does. The mod looks fantastic Big O great work. You get my paypal tips, thanks for your work bro.

I think it might be certain bat confiqurations in the bat selector mod, I tried using only the bats without anything on the bat handle...ie tape, and it works. I have KC's uni's, cyber faces, and the bat selector running (without anything on the bat handle) and it looks great!!

Big O, GREAT JOB! You can't beat the working Citgo sign over the Monster...One question, tho. Did you mess with the lighting on the nite version b/c it appears to be brighter than the default stadium. If you did, will you give me pointers on how to adjust stadium lighting? :hail:

Ok. I've remapped a few bitmaps and shrunk some others to get the file size down to 18 MB. I was able to keep most of the bitmaps the same quality. The dusk version is around this size so hopefully this should work for everyone. Version 1.1 is being uploaded as I type this. LMK if I fixed the problem. Thanks!

A word of caution however - the night version is almost at its maximum file limit so some unis and cyberfaces may crash the game when used with this mod.

So enjoy and please keep your comments in this thread. :)

That is incorrect. I have a 601 meg models.big & by simply uninstalling the bat mod the game no longer crashes for me when using the night version.

Yeah a light version would be good.....I tried to use it in the homerun showdown and it wont load at all....I can live without that tho. Was wondering what happen to the infield dirt texture, it looks overexposed and pixelated. Not knocking your work, this is the best stadium mod ever! hands down, but a small fix to the dirt would take it over the top.

other than that, GREAT WORK...UNBELIEVABLE!!

Installed v1.1 and the night version is now playable :hail: :hail: :hail: . One question though on the infield dirt - it seems to have a fluorescent appearance to it. Almost a washed out look. Is that by design?

ez

Archived