The Big O's Fenway Park v.1.1 released!

The Big O

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The night version crashed for me the first time I tried it, but I then started up the game again and it worked fine. I only had time to play one game (Classics -- '61 Yankees at '67 Red Sox. The Yanks won 7 - 1).

I'm running the game on a Radeon 9600 Pro. My settings are 1280 x 1024 32 bit, AA at 6x and AF at 16x. My PC is a 3-1/2 year old Dell 4300 with a 1.6 GHz Pentium 4 CPU and 512 Mb RAM.

I have the same crashing problem with Fenway and Oriole Parks night version. It doesn't happen every game, but it does happen and it can strike at any time. I have had it happen in the 7th inning of a game where I was merely tossing a ball in from the outfield.

I too would be interested in finding a way to make it work.

By the way I currently have all the AL team uniforms by UMachines installed. Would changing to KC's make any difference?

Big O, have you considered compressing fsh graphics?. It's easy and will save a lot of space. Not sure if it will help to solve crashing problems, but it will reduce download size a lot: If you don't know how, just change the line that reads "FSH" for "QFS" in index.fsh and rebuild the files with nfshtool again. Do it only after all changes are done. Powerful stadium, BTW :wtg:

Well I had stated that the Fenway night mod work fine for me.....well come to find out thats only half right....Yes I can play in exhabition mode with no crash....no problems at all......but I tried to play in my dynasty last night and sure enough it crashed. Never had a new stadium mod crash in my dynasty before.....so I simmed my game and luckly for me I won....the day version of the mod works well in my dynasty but so far the night version will not even load up.......any ideas....again I have Umachines uniform pack installed along with the bat selector and the new ball .......thats it no cyberfaces.

...but it seems silly to only have the option of playing in this great mod if you have NO OTHER mods in your game.

I tend to agree with that statement. Big O's Fenway is sure enough in the "Super-Duper" category, but there are 29 other stadiums that have to be played in, and deleting the bats and balls and uni's and portraits, etc., etc., just isn't an option (at least for me!).

Unfortunately, I'll just have to go and play without it. Oh well. :cry:

ez

I have found that the crashing seems to be random. I can not get it to work even once. I don't get into the game no matter how many times I start up when I choose that stadium. I have given up. I have tried even using the default models.big, I ran it at 800 x 600 32 bit (I have no option to run at 16 bit even if I wanted to, since the game provides no such option for me). I turned down all the settings. I even compressed all the stadium files. I also turned down my AA & AF to 2x & nothing works. I am using a 6800 ultra. (pretty high end card if I say so myself) I run the game fine at 1280 x 1024 with everything maxed. I have my video card also maxed (AA at 8xS & AF at 16x) & the game runs smooth as silk. However, not in the night version of this stadium. (dusk version is fine).

I have the same crashing problem with Fenway and Oriole Parks night version. It doesn't happen every game, but it does happen and it can strike at any time. I have had it happen in the 7th inning of a game where I was merely tossing a ball in from the outfield.

I too would be interested in finding a way to make it work.

By the way I currently have all the AL team uniforms by UMachines installed. Would changing to KC's make any difference?

No... if anything that would be worse since KC's unis are higher res & hence even more taxing on your system.

Ok guys I'll see what I can do about making a "lite" version for the night mod. I would have to reduce the quality somewhat but I think it can be done. The major culprit is the Citgo sign. I'll try reducing the quality of two major bitmaps and see what happens. I'd hate to take the animated sign out but if I have to then that is what is going to have to happen.

Archived