Outfield arms

biker_jim_uk

does anyone know any links showing outstanding arms in action? eg Clemente, Bo Jackson

I was watching Ken Burns' Baseball and the Clemente section didn't show a single clip of his throwing? Perhaps because runners stoppedd challenging him?

Anyways I'd love to see some clips.

Cheers

• 2 months later...

I saw a video of Ichirco throwing a seed from deep RF to 3rd base and get's the runner.

Yeah I've seen that. I think it was Juan Rivera in his early days with the Yanks, I recollect him completely clearing homeplate and hitting the backstop on the fly from deep left/center. Cost them a run but my god did that ball pick up some wind!

Just as a personal note, Torii Hunter has a spectacular arm. I was at a White Sox / Twins game at the Cell earlier this year, and Torii threw a bullet to Mauer to get pre-injury Podsednik who was trying to tag from third. It was the most ridiculous thing I'd ever seen at a baseball game. He was at least 350' away and the ball landed in the perfect position, it was astonishing.

• 6 months later...

http://media.putfile.com/ichiro-1

http://media.putfile.com/MLB---Baseball-Ic...ist-to-Third-Ba

Mariners Homepage --> Multimedia --> Top Play:

2004, Aug. 26

2005, May 4

Twins Hompage --> Multimedia --> Top Plays

2004, Oct. 5

2005, July 4

2005, July 27

Right now, I am not in the mood to search for more, mybe you'll find some nice plays of Vlad, Andruw, etc. this way.

I saw a video of Ichirco throwing a seed from deep RF to 3rd base and get's the runner.

i saw that. amazing throw. it was a bullet, never hit the ground, was at least a foot or two above the ground the whole time.

clemente also had an amazing play, caught it from deep in the outfield and threw off balance to nail a guy tagging up.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived