1. 1.

• Mark McGwire#62 To Surpass Maris in 1998
    • Barry Bonds #73 in 2001
    • Joe Carter HR in 1993 to win World Series
    • Carlton Fisk HR at Fenway Game 6 1975 World Series

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an Angel fan I most remember Dave Henderson's blast to kill the Angels spirit in the playoffs. My favorite home run ever was Reggie's three against the Dodgers, pick anyone I'm a Dodger hater and loved every minute of that World Series. I voted for Fisk's home run based on that being the greatest World Series ever. In my humble opinion.

So now my second is probably A. Jones busting one in the world series against the deadly Yankees.

he hit two. damn him lol.

My favorite (not a memorable one to everyone) was Don Mattingly's home run in Game 2 of the 1995 ALDS against the Mariners, and he was clutch in the only postseason he was in. "Hold onto the roof!" I loved that call...

And why is Bonds' home run up there? The thread is "Greatest Home Run (of all time)", not Most Controversial Home Run of all time.

Kirk Gibson for me to i think i was 10 i remeber staying up late and watching that game.. still get chills watching the replays of it.. Maybe not the best of all time but most memorable to me.. The worst for me as a braves fan have to be Kriby Pucket game 6 1990... booo :evil:

• 4 weeks later...

Okay Mr. October's All-Star game blast (the one that broke the light) Kirk Gibsons walk-off, Shot Heard Round the World, and Mazeroski's walk-off aren't on there! I love Barry (I'm a SF fan) but there is no doubt in my mind he juiced, same with McGwire. I chose Fisk's blast, it was so dramatic the arms waving the jumping, it was great. I've only seen clips though, Heck I was only 10 months when Carter hit his.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm sure you have a perfectly logical explanation too...

There's no need for a comment like that D-Unit. Not everyone has to like your team, he wasn't even saying anything bad about them, no bashing of the sort. He can have his own reasons for liking or not liking a team which doesn't really affect you in any way.

From a Cardinals fan's perspective there's definately two biggies in recent years.

Game 6, 2004 NLCS:

Edmonds' towering, walk-off shot to force a game 7 versus the Astros in 2004 - his reaction immediately after hitting it will be a classic for sure. Jimmy Baseball always has a flare for the dramatic, and this one was huge.

Game 5, 2005 NLCS:

2 outs. Top of the ninth. Eckstein singles. Edmonds walks... "0-1 to Pujols... In the air, left field! And Pujols has given St. Louis the lead! A dramatic, towering 3-run home run! Stunned in disbeleif here in Houston." One of my favorite home run calls of all time. How about Andy Pettite mouthing "Oh my God" as he watched that baseball clear the railroad tracks above the Crawford boxes? I was in a bar here in STL when that happened. Total strangers were hugging one another and screaming and high-fiving. It was pandamonium. We might've ended up losing the following night, but it gave the old Busch Stadium one more night of life and solidified Pujols' name in St. Louis Baseball lore.

all I have to say is we ran Dan Miceli out of town after the Edmonds homerun. Any normally sane person knows not to give Jim Edmonds a chest high fastball over the plate, especially if you only if your fastball is 87mph.

The Berkman shot in the bottom of the 7th of game 5 in the 05 NLCS would have had to be my favorite homerun in recent history until Albert Pujols decided he was going to dent the glass in left field. If the roof had been open that night, someones car might have been in danger in one of the parking lots across the street.

There's no need for a comment like that D-Unit. Not everyone has to like your team, he wasn't even saying anything bad about them, no bashing of the sort. He can have his own reasons for liking or not liking a team which doesn't really affect you in any way.

You're right. My bad on that comment it was pretty pointless...

The greatest homerun of all time was hit by Kirk Gibson, but it's not the one you're thinking about. It's also not the one he hit off Goose Gossage in the 1984 WS, nor is it the one he hit right into (and out of) my hands, some 450 feet away in the Tiger Stadium bleachers.

Nope, I doubt many, if any, of you even saw it. After Gibby retired, he hooked up with local Detroit sportscaster Eli Zaret (a little skinny non-athlete) and, for their TV show, would play two on two against other athletes, quite often women, in various sports, such as tennis or golf or handball, etc.

Okay, Gibby and Eli hook up with two excellent lady softball players for a game. These girls are good, Eli is bad, and Gibby is snarling in a good natured way throughout the game. The boys are beat.....until the final inning. They mount a rally, then here comes Gibson to the plate, representing the winning run. The fun is over now, as he digs in, locked in as he always was in these situations. The lady lobs one in, Gibby swings and BOOM! The last anyone saw of that ball, it was disappearing into some woods in dead centerfield. As Gibby rounds the bases.....you guessed it......the fist pump, just like in the '88 Series. THAT guy is a winner.

Archived